All Points East Festival 2019

36 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

I chose Roisin Murphy instead of Spiritualized and she was fun to watch 100%. Jon Hopkins was phenomenal — an added benefit was, unbeknown to me, I avoided the tentative downpour in the indoor West Stage?

Question: last year there was a real ale tent. Yesterday I couldn’t find it. Did anybody found one? If yes, whereabout?

https://mobile.twitter.com/gdpreston/status/1131928967508889600

This bloke reckons one bar was selling Five Points and better cider on draught. Only having Strongbow, Red Stripe and Dark Fruits at most bars is pretty bad for fans of drinks with flavour.

4 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

This bloke reckons one bar was selling Five Points and better cider on draught. Only having Strongbow, Red Stripe and Dark Fruits at most bars is pretty bad for fans of drinks with flavour.

That bar (I think its just to the east of Jagerhaus) was the only one selling different beers (some bars only had "packaged beer").  Lagunitas and Five Points Ale, Redchurch lager, and one other I think.  Think they were all £6.50

4 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Yeah that’s the one I meant (below). Some of the other bars have Maltsmiths IPA, which is passable. Though it’s a real shame they don’t have a deal with one of the many fine Hackney breweries.

D7VrY4gW0AApxuZ?format=jpg&name=large

11 minutes ago, jump said:

Did anyone catch Little Dragon yesterday? I'm interested to know if they will be bringing their stage set up to their festivals shows this summer.

I saw them (albeit from afar). Thought they were a blast. From what I remember, there was a big backdrop with an open mouth and (I think) that was it. But I was far back so might've missed a bit.

Hot Chip were on top form. Saw them in Brighton earlier this year but yesterday's crowd were in a far stronger dancing mood. Little Simz was brilliant, Kate Tempest felt awkwardly scheduled

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah that’s the one I meant (below). Some of the other bars have Maltsmiths IPA, which is passable. Though it’s a real shame they don’t have a deal with one of the many fine Hackney breweries.

D7VrY4gW0AApxuZ?format=jpg&name=large

That bar does serve Five Points, but think it was only the Pale on yesterday. 

31 minutes ago, TomMc97 said:

Does anyone know how long it’ll take to get into the festival? I’m going to see Jarvis cocker first but want to know how early to get there 

i'd give it atleast an hour, its really quick to get through if you go early but quite packed in the evening

Friend if mine got caught by a dog yesterday so stay wary, folks! Otherwise yesterday wasnt too bad. Stayed at main stage all day. Danny Brown was fine but seemed to be going through the motions compared to other times I've seen him. Too wasted to remember Hot Chip but remember Chems being decent after the rain. Sound and visuals were decent. Don't remember exiting being as bad as last year? All in all, not bad! Bit gutted to have been among two of my friends who actually paid to get in Haha 

Yesterday was absolute top banana, especially given that I won the tickets in the morning. Agree with the comment above that the crowd for Hot Chip being better than the village underground crowd in April - the band themselves on great form. While I've seen Primal Scream better, the singalong in Loaded as the heavy rain started was pretty special. First time seeing the Chems and they didn't disappoint. We were about five rows back from the front on the left, can't say either of us noticed the speaker blow though. 

As for security, I walked in with a small bottle of voddy (decanted of course) in my pocket and didn't have an issue. Our tickets on dice didn't scan and the checker told us that it had happened with the comp tickets earlier and just waved us through. She was supposed to get her manager but couldn't be arsed. I think that the queue out of Nick Cave was worse last year, although this year I went to the Eleanor Arms rather than join the masses. Overall a really good night, tempted to pick up some cheap tickets for tomorrow just for James Blake. 

• Upvote 1