2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He's bringing it back here. Thought some of his 2018 stuff was sketchy but this is promising for the album.

Was dropping by to post this. Not so bad but not really feeling it.

Yeah that AJ track has got me looking forward to the record for sure.

I quite like the new Streets track but it does feel like there is something missing? Just sounds a bit incomplete compared to some of the old stuff, that said, Skinner hasn't exactly been in his prime for a while so not totally unexpected. Will still be there if they headline the Other Stage. A 'best of' set would be one of the highlights of the weekend for me, I reckon.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I think Weezer just muck around making random records, and are quite happy to go on tour doing greatest hits sets year after year. Can't say I really have a problem with it - at least they aren't as adamant about their new material as Muse.

I think White and EWBAITE helped appease fans quite a bit - nobody's really hoping they can get back to their creative peak anymore but we know they can put out decent rock albums if they want. Also, as you say, now that they've started touring regularly again they can harness a lot of positive feelings from that.

Probably would belong better in 2019 New Music, but Cage The Elephant have put a status up an hour ago that their new album is all ready to go, so I'm excited to hear that. I was obsessed with them for a bit after their last one came out. Hopefully a single is released soon. Always brilliant live too; their gig at the Ritz a couple of years ago especially was unbelievable.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:47 PM, Johnkhutch said:

New The 1975 album is doing the rounds on the usual places. On first listen, s'alright. Hasn't caught me as much on first listen like their previous effort, but reckon it's a grower.

Haha, this is the first time I've seen a 'hmm, it's ok' opinion about this.

Elsewhere, it's either been '10/10, this generation's OK Computer' (ludicrous), or from people like me, for whom Matt Healey's voice is like nails on a blackboard.

11 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

liking the Crack Cloud album. Definitely one that fans of The Fall, DUDS, Omni etc should check out.

On it, cheers.

Discovered Pardans today, latest album came out in October and it's brilliant. Danish Jazz/Punk, how can you go wrong? (that's rhetorical, please don't shit on my music taste ahah) 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

On it, cheers.

Discovered Pardans today, latest album came out in October and it's brilliant. Danish Jazz/Punk, how can you go wrong? (that's rhetorical, please don't shit on my music taste ahah) 

interesting, there's aspects of this that I really like but overall think it's a bit much for me. Does remind me of DUDS a fair bit though which is never a bad thing

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

interesting, there's aspects of this that I really like but overall think it's a bit much for me. Does remind me of DUDS a fair bit though which is never a bad thing

That's one of the more out there tracks I think but it's probably the one that grabbed my attention the most (there's probably something in that).

I picked up DUDS' (or D.U.D.S' should I say) latest album in picadilly records the other week but I'm never about at home to get it out. Saw them earlier in the year and they were amazing, need to sort out my White Hotel ticket for next weekend.

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

That's one of the more out there tracks I think but it's probably the one that grabbed my attention the most (there's probably something in that).

I picked up DUDS' (or D.U.D.S' should I say) latest album in picadilly records the other week but I'm never about at home to get it out. Saw them earlier in the year and they were amazing, need to sort out my White Hotel ticket for next weekend.

nice, i'll check the rest out!

Yeah its a proper good record, think I may still prefer the first one currently though. Caught both their sets at End of The Road and they were definitely one of highlights. Got my ticket for Brighton next week, the support band (Squid) seem to be garnering lots of interest so should be a good night.

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

nice, i'll check the rest out!

Yeah its a proper good record, think I may still prefer the first one currently though. Caught both their sets at End of The Road and they were definitely one of highlights. Got my ticket for Brighton next week, the support band (Squid) seem to be garnering lots of interest so should be a good night.

From what I've heard the first one was tighter, like I say I've not had long to get to grips with this one though. Ah sweet, In Manchester they've got Housewives, Proteus, Basic Switches vs Empress Maude and Ste Spandex supporting and I don't have time to look into all of them so if you know any of them and recommend let me know ahah. Doors are at 10pm so gonna be a weird one. 

40 minutes ago, priest17 said:

From what I've heard the first one was tighter, like I say I've not had long to get to grips with this one though. Ah sweet, In Manchester they've got Housewives, Proteus, Basic Switches vs Empress Maude and Ste Spandex supporting and I don't have time to look into all of them so if you know any of them and recommend let me know ahah. Doors are at 10pm so gonna be a weird one. 

never heard of any of them! I'm sure it will be a blast though