Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

they’re doing a world tour where they do week-long residencies in one city. and all residencies (I think) consist of a very small venue, a small venue, a big venue and an arena. also these four venues are all the ones they have played in london in the past (except Ally Pally)

edit- in response to @DDave😀

Edited by finn_with_1_n
  • Upvote 1

On 6/20/2021 at 2:57 AM, priest17 said:

Love the first album, what state are they in these days? I'm aware of the first round of line up changes...

It's been a couple of years since I've seen them (and it was at a festival) but they know that a lot of people love the first album and it was reflected in their setlist. TBH I have seen them a few times and am not aware of line up changes as there has always been a few years in between but they've never disappointed.

I'd love to see Bloc Party play a headline slot in the JP tent at some point. I thought they could have in 2019 as they were touring around that time. A setlist that heavily comprised of Silent Alarm and A Weekend in the City would be perfect for the JP.

Edited by Miyn

9 hours ago, Miyn said:

I'd love to see Bloc Party play a headline slot in the JP tent at some point. I thought they could have in 2019 as they were touring around that time. A setlist that heavily comprised of Silent Alarm and A Weekend in the City would be perfect for the JP.

I don't think they would get a JP headline spot now but yes I'd like to see them. JP book quite big top spots now so second down

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Same! Great lineup. Can't wait to see the cribs again - album launch show in Leeds at some point, I'd imagine into next year

The Cribs do have a tour on sale.

9 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Lorde UK 2022 tour

Leeds - O2 Academy, May 25

Edinburgh - Usher Hall, May 26

Manchester - O2 Victoria Warehouse, May 28

Birmingham - O2 Academy, May 30

London - Roundhouse, June 1,2

Tickets on sale this Friday

Surely around for Glastonbury 

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I know it’s two nights (currently), but she’s surely too big for Roundhouse. 

She described it as an intimate tour in her press release. After her last tour didn’t sell all that well (or so I’m led to believe) maybe she’s testing the water to see if she’s still a ticket shifter. 

Also, if the rest of her new album is anything like the first single then maybe huge venues just aren’t right this time around. Doubt we’ll be getting any huge glass boxes or similar sizeable stage props, anyway.

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I know it’s two nights (currently), but she’s surely too big for Roundhouse. 

Well Radiohead played Roundhouse so whats the big deal about Lorde choosing to do that. Thats what an underplay is all about. I mean you wanna trade with one of the u.s venues that holds 8,000? 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

She described it as an intimate tour in her press release. After her last tour didn’t sell all that well (or so I’m led to believe) maybe she’s testing the water to see if she’s still a ticket shifter. 

Also, if the rest of her new album is anything like the first single then maybe huge venues just aren’t right this time around. Doubt we’ll be getting any huge glass boxes or similar sizeable stage props, anyway.

I think the intimate tour is referring to her choice not to do arenas in America (for sales reasons). In Europe she’s doing pretty big theatres and even auditoriums and castles so I don’t think she’s got another arena tour up her sleeve for after this one.

Honestly that Castello di Villafranca venue looks awesome. I’d go.

Edited by dentalplan

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Roundhouse is the best venue in London, I've seen some massive names play there down the years, including four Glastonbury headliners.

Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Arcade Fire (playing as The Reflektors), QOTSA, Pixies, Paul Simon...

Echo it being the best venue in London, it's just genuinely so good.