FloorFiller

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

Never been to Brixton before. Might have to change that.

FB_IMG_1553248591387.jpg

Don't get this at all. Their new album only came out what, a month ago? At least the Manics gave it a while after Resistance is Futile before they promoted the This Is My Truth anniversary tour.

Also, does every bloody album get an anniversary tour?  It's as bad as every bastard and his brother posting a photo of another baby clutching an "I'm 5 months old" card.

Old man yells at cloud....

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't get this at all. Their new album only came out what, a month ago? At least the Manics gave it a while after Resistance is Futile before they promoted the This Is My Truth anniversary tour.

Also, does every bloody album get an anniversary tour?  It's as bad as every bastard and his brother posting a photo of another baby clutching an "I'm 5 months old" card.

Are the ones doing it who were born within wedlock ok?

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are the ones doing it who were born within wedlock ok?

Exclusively, yes. I checked.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Tours are a bit much but I dont have much of an issue with one off shows. I'm off daan saath to see The Horrors do Primary Colours in full and I'm pretty stoked about it, feels like a real event.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

What's wrong with it? They've just done an almost complete sell-out tour across the whole of Europe to support the new album, and this gig isn't until December. It's nearly nine months away.

I'm pretty sure this is the only album they will do an anniversary-in-full for. They will also be playing Brixton for the first time since their debut album tour (bet they at least add Manchester though).

Granted they always play Death, TLML, FTTF and Unfinished Business, but the rest of that album has only appeared as a rotating appearance.

I can't remember the last time they even played Fifty on Our Foreheads live - in fact probably not since the Ritual tour.

NB: I saw them loads on the TLMT tour so I am exceptionally biased and looking forward to them a) playing Taxidermy to start the second half of the set and b) hopefully play some songs of Ritual that they never, ever play

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

What's wrong with it? They've just done an almost complete sell-out tour across the whole of Europe to support the new album, and this gig isn't until December. It's nearly nine months away.

Tour aside it just seems very odd to be promoting it with the new album very recently released.  Just something I don't understand as opposed to having an issue with I guess :)

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Tour aside it just seems very odd to be promoting it with the new album very recently released.  Just something I don't understand as opposed to having an issue with I guess :)

You could argue they should have done the TLML tour in January 2019, the actual anniversary, and held the album back. But the album was obviously ready to roll so they didn't think it was sensible to hold it back just for a couple of anniversary dates.

Remember going to see White Lies when that album was first released (ten years ago?!?), not sure I've listened to them since.

David Blaine to play Pyramid Saturday afternoon, in the "Bo Selecta ruined my career in the early 00s but now I'm back" slot. Gargantuan crowd guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

David Blaine to play Pyramid Saturday afternoon, in the "Bo Selecta ruined my career in the early 00s but now I'm back" slot. Gargantuan crowd guaranteed.

Does David Blaine fuck rabbits too? :P 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

What's all this? Can you fill me in?

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Possibly. Wouldn't even be in the top 10 strangest things about him if he did

• Upvote 1

Christ, I can only imagine the promoter (AEG?) must have had the equivalent to late-night drunk shopping on aAmazon when sorting this lineup

736A0CC8-D62F-4EDE-A078-1679E9B3617D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Christ, I can only imagine the promoter (AEG?) must have had the equivalent to late-night drunk shopping on aAmazon when sorting this lineup

I remain hopeful that Texas will come back to the farm to make up for bailing previously.

The rest can get to fuck.

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

This would be a good lineup in 2002

Feeder would be a decent Other opener, plenty of upbeat songs to get people going, and enough songs you recognise to fill an hour. and they're not going to be much higher up the Other anyway, so might as well do that slot.

Edited by ghostdancer1

I can just imagine Johnny Feeder (I don't know his real name) relaying the news to the rest of the lads:

JF: Lads I've got us on the bill at Hyde Park!

Rest of Feeder: Ah Brilliant! Supporting Young & Dylan I assume?

JF: Erm, no.

ROF: Ah, so we're on with Florence and The National then?

JF: Not quite...

ROF: Well then who? Surely we're not warming the crowd for Dion or Streisand?

JF: Brace yourselves... I have got us... Robbie WIlliams!

ROF: We're supporting Robbie Williams?

JF: Well, sort of. Black Eyed Peas, Texas and Keane are all above us on the bill. But still....

ROF: Fuck off.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can just imagine Johnny Feeder (I don't know his real name) relaying the news to the rest of the lads:

JF: Lads I've got us on the bill at Hyde Park!

Rest of Feeder: Ah Brilliant! Supporting Young & Dylan I assume?

JF: Erm, no.

ROF: Ah, so we're on with Florence and The National then?

JF: Not quite...

ROF: Well then who? Surely we're not warming the crowd for Dion or Streisand?

JF: Brace yourselves... I have got us... Robbie WIlliams!

ROF: We're supporting Robbie Williams?

JF: Well, sort of. Black Eyed Peas, Texas and Keane are all above us on the bill. But still....

ROF: Fuck off.

E216DD6A-1640-422D-B67F-C38271EF5B86.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

E216DD6A-1640-422D-B67F-C38271EF5B86.jpeg

I will upvote this even though I don't know what it means.

Didn't get their whole set but Feeder sounded ace at BDs last year. They'd be a decent shout sonewhere, albeit a little dated

Feeder have some bangers and would go really well as a daytime spot on a decent stage, they have some shite as well though so as long as they balanced that then It would be well received i think. 

Feeling a moment

Just the way i'm feeling

Lost & Found

7 Days in the sun

Pushing the Sense

Come Back Around

Just a Day

Buck Rogers

On 3/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, Keithy said:

Just bagged a ticket to see Yungblud in Brighton on Sunday off the back of his live set on Jack Saunders on Thurs night. Sounds bloody amazing.

Great atmosphere at Yungblud gigs.

30 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Great atmosphere at Yungblud gigs.

Aye, Brighton last night was mental. Went up a notch when Halsey made a guest appearance.