Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

45 minutes ago, Chef said:

Just bagged Moby tickets for the O2 on priority. Standing is £65 + fees which I didn't think was too bad considering some of the ticket prices we've seen recently. 

I look at £77 with fees and decided no chance. I'll twicket them later. I honestly can see my ticket master voucher for a gig being my last gig in some time I'll go for. Gigs just aren't worth that money to me now.

57 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I look at £77 with fees and decided no chance. I'll twicket them later. I honestly can see my ticket master voucher for a gig being my last gig in some time I'll go for. Gigs just aren't worth that money to me now.

Indeed. Fees used to be about 10% and that included postage. Now it's 20% plus, of much highrer face value. Also hardly ever any option to buy at face value from box oiffices nowadays.

34 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Fascinated as to whether those Moby tickets will shift or not. I've no idea if he's still that much of a draw.

its been about 10 years since he did a uk show the poster said so would probably do well off that alone

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

Moby‘s profits go 100% to animal rights organizations. So maybe this makes you feel less guilty while spending an extra quid?

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

You say that, and just from my view but apart from 3 bands on the left, I have no act on the right that is a must see for me. And Lollapalooza Chicago isn't a guaranteed weather festival either. I know the whole...research but if I'm going to invest heavy money into a festival there needs to be around 4 bands a day minimum that I know and like without thinking of checking them out. 

Would you say that there were more or less names than this?

I am aware of the weather tbf. Think in 2017 the two headliners on the first night were washed out by a thunderstorm.

38 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Would you say that there were more or less names than this?

I am aware of the weather tbf. Think in 2017 the two headliners on the first night were washed out by a thunderstorm.

I'd honestly forgot how bad this was. I wouldn't say there was more names as such, I'd say Chicago has more that hits hard but I do like Tom Grennan and a lot of the commertial EDM. It is a massively terrible set of headliners and Glastonbury has booked of these for the equivalent of where they would play as sub...that's not good!

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone got any info on ticket selling (or reselling) websites - other than Ticketmaster.nl - in the Netherlands?

there's a twickets site for nl, isn't there? dunno if it's any good though

43 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

I've used Ticketswap a few times in the past.

Ticketswap is the main one. Have used it without issues on a few occasions. 

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

You know we're all getting old when 2014 albums are getting the anniversary tour treatment.

I wonder if they will perform like they did 10 years ago, without standing around taking selfies for half the set!

14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

You know we're all getting old when 2014 albums are getting the anniversary tour treatment.

Just wait until the bands you grew up with are doing there 30th & 40th Anniversary tours, Now that does make you feel old.

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

I wonder if they will perform like they did 10 years ago, without standing around taking selfies for half the set!

I'd take them bringing back the B-side Hole, which was their concert opener for much of 2014 and duly the first song I heard when I saw them on the NME Awards Tour and thought it was great.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dales said:

Just wait until the bands you grew up with are doing there 30th & 40th Anniversary tours, Now that does make you feel old.

Tbf Muse could do that given they were founded 30 years ago last month, but they seem to have opted for a year off. As that's a band I grew up a fan of, that would indeed tick that box.

28 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf Muse could do that given they were founded 30 years ago last month, but they seem to have opted for a year off. As that's a band I grew up a fan of, that would indeed tick that box.

If they toured their earlier stuff I'd be well up for that.  This gig Nov 10, 2001: Muse / Hundred Reasons at The Dome Doncaster, England, United Kingdom | Concert Archives  is still in my top 5 of all time.

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

If they toured their earlier stuff I'd be well up for that.  This gig Nov 10, 2001: Muse / Hundred Reasons at The Dome Doncaster, England, United Kingdom | Concert Archives  is still in my top 5 of all time.

remember this well! I was on Hundred Reasons' street team handing out flyers before and after. What a gig

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

its celebrating their selftitled album, not the band itself

1 hour ago, gfa said:

its celebrating their selftitled album, not the band itself

In the Royal Blood case (or also Interpol's Antics tour that goes on sale tomorrow), yes, but I'm pretty sure some bands have done an "Anniversary of formation" thing before.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I mean, the closest nod to doing something special last year was playing a few Absolution deep cuts to mark 20 years since that came out.

Big regret is still missing out on the 2017 by request show at Shepherd's Bush, which was pretty much all B-sides, album tracks and obscure singles from the first 4 albums.