Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I was at Aviva Studios in Manchester for Johnny Marr last night. In the foyer they had random mirror balls put up, very reminiscent of LCD Soundsystems first album. Might be nothing but could definitely see them doing a couple of nights there in the summer. Did ask and the mirror balls have only been put up recently. 

IMG_20231207_224129772.jpg

5 minutes ago, DDave said:

I was at Aviva Studios in Manchester for Johnny Marr last night. In the foyer they had random mirror balls put up, very reminiscent of LCD Soundsystems first album. Might be nothing but could definitely see them doing a couple of nights there in the summer. Did ask and the mirror balls have only been put up recently. 

IMG_20231207_224129772.jpg

how's the venue? going to DMA's there next week

49 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

how's the venue? going to DMA's there next week

Hmm, mixed feelings probably tainted by lots and lots of crowd chatter - people talking through a whole song to then be quiet and applaud it when it finishes - drove me crazy. Its far bigger than I thought it would be and should be a good venue when they've ironed out the teething problems. Main issues are just getting around the place -  you enter from the side at the back which means people naturally gravitate to the right hand side of the stage making it more cramped that side than it needs to be. I recommend walking past the self service bar (that's another story - no phone/wifi signal means it wasn't always working properly) and getting a spot to the left side of the room.

Good points - downstairs (manned) bar is large, didn't take too long to get served and is reasonably priced - can't sniff at 4 quid for a pint of Amstel these days, and staff were great.

In short, better than the Academy and Victoria Warehouse but still room for improvement. Sound and lighting was great. Really high ceiling though which probably took a bit away from the atmosphere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DDave said:

Hmm, mixed feelings probably tainted by lots and lots of crowd chatter - people talking through a whole song to then be quiet and applaud it when it finishes - drove me crazy. Its far bigger than I thought it would be and should be a good venue when they've ironed out the teething problems. Main issues are just getting around the place -  you enter from the side at the back which means people naturally gravitate to the right hand side of the stage making it more cramped that side than it needs to be. I recommend walking past the self service bar (that's another story - no phone/wifi signal means it wasn't always working properly) and getting a spot to the left side of the room.

Good points - downstairs (manned) bar is large, didn't take too long to get served and is reasonably priced - can't sniff at 4 quid for a pint of Amstel these days, and staff were great.

In short, better than the Academy and Victoria Warehouse but still room for improvement. Sound and lighting was great. Really high ceiling though which probably took a bit away from the atmosphere.

Thanks for that, great knowledge about going down the left side, we'll definitely do that to get further forward. DMA's will likely be a bit more rowdy!

£4 Amstel sounds great, will just stick to the downstairs bar!!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks for that, great knowledge about going down the left side, we'll definitely do that to get further forward. DMA's will likely be a bit more rowdy!

£4 Amstel sounds great, will just stick to the downstairs bar!!

Funnily enough I was with a massive Everton fan at the gig, think he was more happy with the result than the concert lol

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Funnily enough I was with a massive Everton fan at the gig, think he was more happy with the result than the concert lol

haha I love that. Following a result at a gig is always funny. My best one was Neighbourhood Weekender trying to stream the last game of last season in front of the stage when Sea Girls were on!

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha I love that. Following a result at a gig is always funny. My best one was Neighbourhood Weekender trying to stream the last game of last season in front of the stage when Sea Girls were on!

I've never forgiven Everton fans for ruining a Dave Lee Roth gig in Liverpool on the evening of the brown paper bag incident against Wimbledon. Chants of Everton Everton Everton between every song.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Did we know Paolo Nitini was active next Glastonbury-tide?

I feel like he’s been continually linked for the past 4-5 years.

In fact, didn’t he play a secret set last year?

He’s due a bit spot either way. 

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've never forgiven Everton fans for ruining a Dave Lee Roth gig in Liverpool on the evening of the brown paper bag incident against Wimbledon. Chants of Everton Everton Everton between every song.

That's going back a long time! 

I definitely avoid chants or any outward football related stuff at gigs or festivals even if im following a game. Hate all that

Edited by efcfanwirral

36 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Slipknot announcing U.K. dates for 2024 soon, and it looks like they’re gonna be doing the self titled album in full judging by the teasers. 

My friend's still waiting on them to come back to the Milton Keynes Bowl after a planned date there in 2020 fell through because 2020 things.

Though wouldn't be a surprise if its just arenas or whatever.