Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Crouchinho76 said:

Ah sorry to hear that - must have been sheer luck for me then.  As soon as the counter went to zero I put the code in and got immediately to the order page.  In a twisted way, I kinda missed my F5 button... 

it's all good. I was at knebworth and seen him 3 times now with glastonbury and manchester so would have said no anyway for that price

9 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

I'm sure it's a result of Covid's loss of earnings + increased touring costs, but so many bands are doing the 'Double Tour' at the moment. Tour the UK for a bit, and the come back again in 4/5 months on a larger scale (though smaller for Muse I guess)

Tbf Muse did this on Simulation Theory in 2019 as well, with a main May-July European tour and then an encore run of about half a dozen dates in September, including an O2 pair that were filmed.

I can't say I'm that bothered by this run. Seen Muse at the O2 a bunch of times before, so if I am to go see them another time, feel like my best bet is to go elsewhere for something different. I did note Dublin was cheaper from Irish fans buying tickets, but been Dublin a few times. Right idea though.

Edited by charlierc

Apologies if this isn’t the best place to ask this, but I’m going to First Aid Kit at Crystal Palace Bowl next month and the info says gates open at 2:30pm. I know they have three supports but does anyone know what time this will finish? Wondering if it will be an early finish and I can get back to Bristol or if I need to book a hotel. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Apologies if this isn’t the best place to ask this, but I’m going to First Aid Kit at Crystal Palace Bowl next month and the info says gates open at 2:30pm. I know they have three supports but does anyone know what time this will finish? Wondering if it will be an early finish and I can get back to Bristol or if I need to book a hotel. Thanks!

Crystal Palace shows finish at 10:00

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I saw Richrd Ashcroft at Crystal palace bowl last year and it finished about 10pm. There were 3 supports also but doors opened at 5pm. Not that its much help to you, but the stage times were announced a few days before. Best to get in touch with South Facing festival to see if they can tell you

Edited by Nestacres
  • Upvote 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:27 AM, Crouchinho76 said:

Anyone else manage to get tix for Liam Gallagher at Koko? Seemed pretty easy, which was a surprise 

Went straight through and they were all gone. The same result for a few other people I know.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I was told about the U.K. dates and that they’re pencilling in fests/Glasto. 

That sounds a bit more like, they are pencilling in gaps in schedule for Glastonbury in the hope they are asked rather than actually doing it? 

As if that was the case, then you have DM, almost definite Dua Lipa and another female headliner. Rihanna I'd the easiest they'll get.

Do you believe in it enough to drop money on the bets?

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

At this stage I reckon it’s 3 from 5….

Dua
Madonna/Rihanna 
The 1975/DM 

Agreed. Can see Rihanna being on the end of a yes if Madonna fails to which I suspect she will. If they get Madonna it's probably the biggest booking the festival have made.

If DM fairplay but even like when The Cure played, they have a lot of songs that the casual would know too 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

At this stage I reckon it’s 3 from 5….

Dua
Madonna/Rihanna 
The 1975/DM 

Pretty much agree with this. I'd add Olivia Rodrigo to the list, but I'm expecting 3 of those 6 names to headline next year at this point.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Agreed. Can see Rihanna being on the end of a yes if Madonna fails to which I suspect she will. If they get Madonna it's probably the biggest booking the festival have made.

If DM fairplay but even like when The Cure played, they have a lot of songs that the casual would know too 

Curious, why would Madonna say “No”? I genuinely don’t know, just curious.

I feel it it would be a perfect time for Madonna, as I don’t think her stock is very high at the moment, is it?

Bring a big show, and with the National and Global reaction (if positive) would be massive for her.

13 minutes ago, Bobs said:

I feel it it would be a perfect time for Madonna, as I don’t think her stock is very high at the moment, is it?

Bring a big show, and with the National and Global reaction (if positive) would be massive for her.

She still sells gigs out at crazy prices and she's that rare to see. Her London shows were like £50 just for nosebleeds at the back.

22 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Madonna reportedly charged Eurovision $1.5 million to perform a few years back, and was reportedly a pain to deal with even then.

There's legitimate reasons to doubt whether she'd want to take the wage cut, or whether she'd want to fit into the Festival (she can't exactly clear out the site for a soundcheck for example).

But then it's Glastonbury, those questions come up for many high tier artists and get resolved.