Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, nikkic said:

Can’t see Chems back unless it’s a DJ set. 

They’ve literally released one song since their last set. 

(I know a new album is rumoured).

Yeah it’s surely gonna be the DJ set they cancelled last year. As you say, no real reason for them to be back so soon headlining Other - even next year feels a touch too soon, although is what I’m expecting. 

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Can’t see Chems back unless it’s a DJ set. 

They’ve literally released one song since their last set. 

(I know a new album is rumoured, but nothing has materialised thus far). 

Its very much coming, they were playing new songs all of last summer and they first dropped at dj sets over a year ago just haven't released anything yet.

not really sure what their plan is atm, this is their 3rd summer coming up touring before their album release in a row its just a bit strange.

They said re printworks last year that theres no more dj sets for a long time or something similar also

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPyV8VN89q/?hl=en

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Its very much coming, they were playing new songs all of last summer and they first dropped at dj sets over a year ago just haven't released anything yet.

not really sure what their plan is atm, this is their 3rd summer coming up touring before their album release in a row its just a bit strange.

They said re printworks last year that theres no more dj sets for a long time or something similar also

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPyV8VN89q/?hl=en

I’d heard rumours of an October release, which for me puts them in the frame for next year not 2023.

Guess we’ll see! 

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’d heard rumours of an October release, which for me puts them in the frame for next year not 2023.

Guess we’ll see! 

Definitely makes sense that, just seems weird they'd be doing so much touring with so little out. weird

13 hours ago, Suprefan said:

No timetable given on larrys recovery so he is likely fine by the fall.

Not exactly because, as confirmed in this piece: U2 have enlisted a new drummer to temporarily replace Larry Mullen - who is he? (entertainment.ie)

8 hours ago, moogster said:

OK that's weird, the drummer is going to be someone who drums for a quite-known-but-not-groundbreaking Dutch pop rock band. How the hell did that happen...? (Front page Dutch news obvs). 

I was aware from an interview a few weeks ago that Larry Mullen said he was skipping 2023 touring duties due to a couple of surgeries he'd had, so the idea of a stand-in doesn't surprise me, even if it is a surprise who it is given I'd not heard of their prior work.

It's quite something how divisive this has judging by a U2 fan page, given some are all for it and some really think they shouldn't be doing it with a stand-in drummer.

Personally, I like the idea of Achtung Baby in full, moreso than when they did the Joshua Tree in full shows a few years back, and imagine this hi-tech venue might lead to a few Zoo TV Tour homages. But Las Vegas feels quite far away to want to join the party, to say nothing of dealing with Ticketmaster America, and I haven't heard whispers of any shows beyond this run of dates.