What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes. They played a great set before the killers and I thought he was fucking hilarious. Thousands of people screaming "i fucking hate you and I wish you would die" :lol:

I loved frank, but couldn't sing those words, changed it to 'I fucking live you and I wish you would fly ' ... Felt so much better :-) 

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Tomorrow begins the plans for the next festival clothing ... have a few ideas brewing nothing to overstated :) will keep it low profile . quite hard keeping up with who I met with the usernames and real name combinations and a few drinks consumed too 

Not sure what day it was but I saw you and said hello at the long drops at the bottom of Pennards...I apologise as I was many vodkas down by that point! Your outfit is great!

1 minute ago, cazzatron said:

Not sure what day it was but I saw you and said hello at the long drops at the bottom of Pennards...I apologise as I was many vodkas down by that point! Your outfit is great!

Thanks and I had probably consumed several myself at whatever point ... its all a bit hazy for me too efesters everywhere :) at one point I think there were about 6 say hello in the space of 20 mins near the glade :) hello to you too and thanks for the praise :)

18 hours ago, Doug85 said:

During the Beans on Toast set in left field on Saturday night he told the story of writing a song about two people who had gotten in touch with him to dedicate songs to each other at a gig in Brighton last year and to his surprise they were there! So he got them up on stage and let them dance whilst he played their song and it was incredibly touching. 

Beans was a good lad anyway but shows how much he cares with things like this. 

Dusty in there, wasn't it?

One of the items on our 'photo scavenger hunt' list was 'happiest Glasto moment' and all of our group spent the week saying "aww, that would have been a perfect photo for that one!"

Here are some:

- Watching two little girls in a flower adorned buggie giggling ecstatically at the chinese dragons in the T&C fields,

- A guy dressed as a goat at the Pyramid who when he overheard me saying how happy he looked to be dressed as a goat turned to us and did goat impressions, 

- The engagement masquerading as a shots party in the Pyramid Field on the Thuraday (?)

- Watching two cones dancing to the moving disco in T&C,

- The remote controlled bin squirting water, beeping and chasing people in the Green fields on the Thursday,

- Some brilliantly humble performers: found Royal Blood particularly endeering, 

- Warning my newbie friend that he'd be dragged onto stage if we went and sat in the outdoor circus area, him saying we could just sit at the back, me saying it wont make a difference before being proven right ;),

- An older couple in matching bright pink attire and my friend pointing out that he thought that would be me and my husband in our older age,

- The faces of joy of my friends during the Foos,

- Sitting at the gorgeous wooden table and chairs in Croissent Neuf on the Thursday morning. When we arrived there were some Welsh lads who were already 3 cans in and one empty was rolling around, out of reach, in the middle of the table. Suddenly a gust of wind caught hold of it and it rolled closer. One of the lads excitedly stretched over and grabbed it, clearly happy that he wasn't going to have to leave it there and litter,

- Saying goodbye in the early hours of Monday morning to our friends after going through our 'top moments of the festival',

- Watching my mate get a ball through one of the Gobbler mouths and proudly walking around the Naughty corner in his rosette all night/morning haha,

- The guys dressed up as Tories in the Park on the Thursday, 

- Chilling in the Green fields and feeling the sense of calm wash over me,

Also, I'd explained to one of my friends before going (a Glasto newbie) how important the Fest is to me and how I hated seeing anyone littering/peeing on the land. The whole week he *really* went out of his way to ensure that he didn't do either of these things which was just the sweetest thing :)  

17 hours ago, Spacey said:

Did anyone see the blind running in the green fields on Thursday? People blindfolded and running about 50 m. Had people each side making sure they didn't run into crowd and someone at the end to catch them. They looked so funny as they were waving their arms around. Maybe you had to be there but it made me smile. 

I've seen a video of my friend doing it, hilarious. They're like horses running for the first time

My friend had been desperately looking for a Run The Jewels bandanna all weekend, he's a massive fan. He'd given up hope on finding one or someone willing to sell (he was offering decent cash). Just before Justice a guy behind us overheard him rant about how desperately he wanted one, and he gave my mate his, for free, refusing to take any cash for it. My friend was in absolute bits with happiness! Glastonbury spirit perfectly summed up.

During You Got The Love at Hacienda Classicals.

some young girl just in front of the 2nd crush barrier was stood on someone's shoulders and singing and making the heart shape with her fingers at someone on the ground.

Was an emotional moment all around and that made me smile. 

Seeing how much it meant to Romy from The XX to play up there.

Run The Jewells - when EL-P said he wasn't going to cry and just how humble they both were. 

When Nile Rodgers said he was cancer free and seeing that huge grin on his face.

That moment when The Killers walked out, had me reminiscing so much about their early stuff and absolutely buzzing off it at the time. Everywhere I looked in the tent people (including myself) were having the time of their lives

16 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I brought diffraction glasses. I probably put them on 100 people at various venues. Every person I saw who looked like they were having a great time or an awful time. Usually people looked at me in distrust and tried to refuse. Once they put them on and looked at the lights it was pure joy every time. Kept me smiling every night and also won me a few treats :D

Were you at foos? Someone lent me their defraction glasses and in return I lent them my palma violet vodka?

17 minutes ago, mufcok said:

That moment when The Killers walked out, had me reminiscing so much about their early stuff and absolutely buzzing off it at the time. Everywhere I looked in the tent people (including myself) were having the time of their lives

Yes we all were! 

See the guy in a city suit with old phone and briefcase on someone's shoulders? Made me laugh and smile, though to be fair I had smile on my face from last Sunday morning arriving on site. 

It's fookin gone now though. 

The guy in the campsite who helped me fix a broken trolley I'd commandeered to help me get my stuff back to the car on Monday afternoon. It was missing a wheel at the back, he pulled out a screwdriver and moved one of the front wheels to the back so I could drag it along, making the struggle a bit more bearable!

Also offering menthol lipbalm to people out dancing in the early hours - always a crowd pleaser :)

The humbleness of acts like Stormzy who were clearly on the verge of tears at how many people were there. I was at his set in Sonic last year and to go from that to the crowd he pulled at the Other Stage was just incredible and so deserved. Seeing him in Ibiza in a couple of weeks and can't wait now. 

Other than that, the first glimpse of the festival lights when arriving down the hill at 3am on Wednesday morning is always a special moment :D 

When waiting for Radiohead a few people pointed out and complimented my Arcade Fire tattoo. Someone got a picture with me too but no idea who. 

Also shout out to the lady who kindly bought another drink for me after I dropped mine tripping over them at the cider bus

The suggestion that someone made to bring things to give away was amazing. I managed to forget the box of glowsticks I had bought at my tent until Sunday night but as soon as the sun went down I was determined to give them away to people.

Had so many special moments with people and made more friends that night than any other. One of the stand out moments was in Shangri-La, one of the fire stewards was looking tired and lonely at a tent entrance. Gave her some glowsticks to cheer her up and the look on her face was amazing.

Next time I'm not bringing 100, going to get 3 boxes of them and share them all :D

One moment which made me smile was sitting nude in the sunshine by the fire in the Lost Horizons Sauna listening to a band with my girlfriend (also naked, we're not married), noticing two people joyfully trampolining naked in the distance as a man walked in carrying a rabbit on a lead. My girlfriend turned to me and whispered "Fuck you ISIS."