What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

Was one of those special years for me, initially we thought we would have to miss out but then we managed to get down and the highlight for me was seeing her band perform a quick set in the green fields and then randomly getting stopped by people allover saying she was in the newspaper lol

there was also a moment when a lady had her really young daughters at the pyramid for JC and RTJ that made me happy as she just said its this generation and the next that might make the world a better place another day by seeing a dad carrying his daughter dressed as a fairy around pretending to fly by arcadia that really made me smile!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Getting back on site after a few years away 
  • That first Brothers
  • Being able to sit anywhere/no mud
  • Everything Everything smashing it again
  • Radiohead
  • Chic
  • Sunday evening/night at WH
  • Bumping into my ex, us making peace and having friendly evening watching Phoenix
  • Several early-morning/sunrise/comedown reflection periods at the stone circle/Tipi field/hill

On 2017-7-1 at 6:42 PM, Skoo said:

My smiliest moment was my boyfriend proposing to me at the top of the ribbon tower Sunday afternoon! Completely unexpected and the people who witnessed it were all so lovely and one guy even captured it on film as he happened to be filming the festival site at the time and saw what was happening. He immediately came over to give us his business card so we could get in touch with him to get a copy of the video, what a nice guy. 

Another heartwarming moment was two guys standing in front of us for Radiohead who stared embracing about 20 mins into their set. They hugged for ages, clearly a really special moment for them and brought a tear to my eye at the time. 

Congrats Skoo!!

On 2017-7-1 at 1:43 PM, reflekting said:

When the pint got passed all the way back to the sound desk on the other stage during Nothing But Thieves to celebrate the sound techs birthday. Not one drop was spilled!

Also the two flagons of rum getting passed around the crowd by Skinny Lister, and both of them making their way back to the stage! Love it when they do that :)

On 2017-7-1 at 4:13 PM, crazyfool1 said:

She did look like she was getting into it at the efest meet :) 

Particularly @Curlygirl reminding her that she had a boyfriend :lol:

On 2017-7-1 at 4:15 PM, Dave_c said:

We have ice cold milkey milkey. Come get your naked naked smoothies. 

Soundtrack of Glasto 2017 that is.

Every morning. MILKY MILKY!!

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I don't remember that!!! :o Was she being a bit friendly? Haha! She had a bloody brilliant time

I think you were introducing her to me, @crazyfool1 and I think @stuartbert two hats' mate Neil. You introduced her as 17, so she said "18 actually. Are any of them single?" :lol:

That was just before I got bakewelled

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

I think you were introducing her to me, @crazyfool1 and I think @stuartbert two hats' mate Neil. You introduced her as 17, so she said "18 actually. Are any of them single?" :lol:

That was just before I got bakewelled

Oh that's ok then. She was trying the whole weekend to make me into a responsible adult by saying things she thought would make me squirm. I soon cottoned on! 

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Great verbage Mark!

This made me laugh :D

Three more from me :).

- Being made to feel beautiful by the people in (one of?) the rabbit holes secret room/s,

- Waking up leisurely to 'good morning campers' from the milk truck,

- hearing the cheer of sunset on the Weds evening and sunrise on the Sun morning (although we *just* missed being on the park hill/at the stone circle for both this year so got it from a distance)

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Also the two flagons of rum getting passed around the crowd by Skinny Lister, and both of them making their way back to the stage! Love it when they do that :)

Particularly @Curlygirl reminding her that she had a boyfriend :lol:

Every morning. MILKY MILKY!!

I do !! it was mentioned several times :)

As soon as I see the site appear from over the hill on the drive down to the car park I'm usually grinning like a Cheshire Cat, and don't stop till I'm driving down the dark country roads on the Sunday night...

My best year so far, the 10th anniversary since my first in 2007 (minus a couple in the middle) so had to make it a good year, even took my girlfriend and she absolutely loved it so that made it even more special for me!! 

Absolutly love the place

8 hours ago, Tomo18 said:

As soon as I see the site appear from over the hill on the drive down to the car park I'm usually grinning like a Cheshire Cat, and don't stop till I'm driving down the dark country roads on the Sunday night...

My best year so far, the 10th anniversary since my first in 2007 (minus a couple in the middle) so had to make it a good year, even took my girlfriend and she absolutely loved it so that made it even more special for me!! 

Absolutly love the place

Same for me! 2007 was first year, so this was my 10th glasto anniversary although like you, I missed a few in the middle (2010, 2013, 2015). Still nothing beats  my first in 2007, but this one was a very close second! 

6 hours ago, Skoo said:

Same for me! 2007 was first year, so this was my 10th glasto anniversary although like you, I missed a few in the middle (2010, 2013, 2015). Still nothing beats  my first in 2007, but this one was a very close second! 

Likewise my first was 2007. If 2007 was your favourite you have the resolve and patience of a saint. The weather made 07 very hard work for me especially with the benefit of hindsight and additional festivals.

Got to say that this year is definitely up there as one of my favourites. 

16 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

Likewise my first was 2007. If 2007 was your favourite you have the resolve and patience of a saint. The weather made 07 very hard work for me especially with the benefit of hindsight and additional festivals.

Got to say that this year is definitely up there as one of my favourites. 

Yeah I know 2007 was terrible in terms of weather, and 33 year old me would not cope well with it (I found 2016 really tough, harder than 2007 for sure - but probably age is main factor).

I was 23 at the time, it was my first Glasto, and I never once experienced a significant crowd crush, or had to queue for ages or use any planning of any kind in order to get into somewhere without having to queue - it was easy to simply wander around and come across unusual things, and I didn't have to shuffle along in a massive crowd of people to do it (I'm specifically talking about SE Corner here). I have very very fond memories of that year, the comradery and spirit, of being stuck in mud and people helping me out and getting stuck themselves, of a policeman helping people get over a muddy entry point into Stone Circle at about 4am one morning and giving him a high 5 as he got me through. Laying in the tent listening to Amy Winehouse because we had tried Salvia for the first time and lost 15 minutes of our lives (not a pleasant drug BTW), seeing The Who, somehow ending up in Worthy Farm in their kitchen at an ungodly hour with a load of festival stewards who were giving people bin bags because it was hammering down, hanging out all night at Stone Circle (haven't done that for years) and just completely falling in love with the place.

It's where it all started for me! Apologies, completely off topic :) 

I'd love to be able to time travel and go back and do that year again, and years before that too - plus all the ones I missed in the middle.

WHY HAVEN'T THEY INVENTED TIME TRAVEL YET

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

Yeah I know 2007 was terrible in terms of weather, and 33 year old me would not cope well with it (I found 2016 really tough, harder than 2007 for sure - but probably age is main factor).

I was 23 at the time, it was my first Glasto, and I never once experienced a significant crowd crush, or had to queue for ages or use any planning of any kind in order to get into somewhere without having to queue - it was easy to simply wander around and come across unusual things, and I didn't have to shuffle along in a massive crowd of people to do it (I'm specifically talking about SE Corner here). I have very very fond memories of that year, the comradery and spirit, of being stuck in mud and people helping me out and getting stuck themselves, of a policeman helping people get over a muddy entry point into Stone Circle at about 4am one morning and giving him a high 5 as he got me through. Laying in the tent listening to Amy Winehouse because we had tried Salvia for the first time and lost 15 minutes of our lives (not a pleasant drug BTW), seeing The Who, somehow ending up in Worthy Farm in their kitchen at an ungodly hour with a load of festival stewards who were giving people bin bags because it was hammering down, hanging out all night at Stone Circle (haven't done that for years) and just completely falling in love with the place.

It's where it all started for me! Apologies, completely off topic :) 

I'd love to be able to time travel and go back and do that year again, and years before that too - plus all the ones I missed in the middle.

WHY HAVEN'T THEY INVENTED TIME TRAVEL YET

That's nice :)

I completely get the new feeling of the festival but for me it was massively tainted even with the innocence of not knowing any better. I definitely appreciated the festival far more the following year. (I'm also massively bitter at my 16 year old self choosing to watch Kasabian - Arctic Monkeys instead of Arcade Fire - Bjork (who went on to be two of my favourite artists)). 

Thankfully I missed 2016. I'd found 15 massively draining (not due to the weather just in general) and if I'd have been to 16 then I don't think I'd have been this year... maybe even ever again. 

Keep thinking of more!

The guy wandering through the crowd at Mik Artistik on Wednesday afternoon carrying a container full of water and spray gun, misting the crowd in the heat.  And the guys who helped him pump the pressure back up as he had one arm in a sling.

Couple of girls next to me at the Arcadia show on Friday night at their first Glastonbury, they absolutely loved it.

The complete strangers who pulled me in for a group hug and singalong to No Surprises.

Wednesday afternoon in the T&C field watching kids playing zorb football, and a group of lads who'd split themselves into supporters for each team cheering them on.

18 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

That's nice :)

I completely get the new feeling of the festival but for me it was massively tainted even with the innocence of not knowing any better. I definitely appreciated the festival far more the following year. (I'm also massively bitter at my 16 year old self choosing to watch Kasabian - Arctic Monkeys instead of Arcade Fire - Bjork (who went on to be two of my favourite artists)). 

Ah yes, 2008!

Who you go with definitely has a massive impact. 2008 I was with my then "new" boyfriend (now ex boyfriend of many years!).

We had been friends for a good couple of years before getting together so he knew I liked to dabble in a bit of naughty stuff at festivals. He didn't touch anything though and never had, and he had a massive issue with me doing it. So whilst he was free to get blind drunk during the fest, he made me feel super guilty when a kind stranger gave me a dab of their MDMA one evening.

I felt so paranoid about trying to seem "normal" to him that evening, that I was inclined to accept a bloody Digestive biscuit when he offered me one at some point in the night. Eating it was like crunching on sand, the driest of dry things. It was so unpleasant and I had to gulp it down with loads of water and pretend it had really sorted me out. Young me was a bit of a crowd pleaser it would seem!

Ruined what I think would have been an absolutely vintage year. 

Ex boyfriends: ruining festivals since 2008.

BACK ON TOPIC: I finally managed to see Wheel of Four Tunes this year! On the Thursday evening! After saying every single year I'd see them, and then missing out.

At one point the wheel landed on CHRISTMAS - queue a field of spangled people singing their hearts out to Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas, followed by a DnB version of Walking In The Air.

Classic Glasto moment. I have a video somewhere...