Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

On 6/25/2023 at 11:20 PM, VCK said:

Absolutely knocked it out of the park. What are Pendulum up to nowadays anyway?

Pendulum catching unnecessary strays here, come on now, they're class, killed it at Download 😅

But talking about QOTSA, wow did they look good at Glasto. They love going up against the big guns on the Pyramid don't they and relishing every moment?

Roll on that tour in November, saw them in Halifax recently and they smashed it. Just banger after banger

Was one of the highlights of the festival for me. Smashed it up against Beyonce before and against Elton this year.

Don't do mosh pits because my knees are knackered but had to for No One Knows and Songs for the Deaf. Was nuts. Nothing like jumping around dressed in a pink tutu. Was in the centre right in front of the surge barrier.

I made a last minute decision on Sunday to go and watch Elton. Tried leaving Elton after 15 mins as I was bored but was struggled to get away from the Pyramid so gave up.

Watching the set back on iPlayer now and reckon this could be the biggest regret I’ve made at the festival in 9 years.

Elton turned out to be good but Queens are absolutely tearing it up better than anyone I saw that weekend.

Currently looking for UK tickets in November as I’m getting a serious case of after FOMO 😢

Watched it back on iPlayer last night and they sounded incredible. Regretting seeing Elton now, even though I enjoyed his set I would have had a lot more fun at QOTSA. 

Bought tickets for the November tour to help deal with the regret. 

30 minutes ago, iamstreety said:

Was one of the highlights of the festival for me. Smashed it up against Beyonce before and against Elton this year.

Don't do mosh pits because my knees are knackered but had to for No One Knows and Songs for the Deaf. Was nuts. Nothing like jumping around dressed in a pink tutu. Was in the centre right in front of the surge barrier.

Similar situation,  but I had to jump in the mosh pit at the end, boy I'm I still paying for it

Epic performance on Sunday aside for a moment, how bloody good is the new album too! Paper Machete is as good as anything they’ve ever done, and great additions to the setlist. 
Great to see a band like this not just stagnating at this stage in their career, and are still as loud and energetic as ever. 

One of my all-time favourite sets at Glastonbury. They were on top, top form and managed to breeze straight down the front for the most incredible view, sound and experience. Watched 30 mins of Elton on TV earlier and as a great as he sounded, I'm certain I made the right personal choice. 

Was 'triffic to finally hear one of my favourites off Songs for the Deaf too in God is in the Radio. Such a killer tune.

Really looking forward to the O2 show later this year. image.thumb.png.47a13de147c69a4f7203c488f081d83c.png

2 minutes ago, JA_Watts said:

One of my all-time favourite sets at Glastonbury. They were on top, top form and managed to breeze straight down the front for the most incredible view, sound and experience. Watched 30 mins of Elton on TV earlier and as a great as he sounded, I'm certain I made the right personal choice. 

Was 'triffic to finally hear one of my favourites off Songs for the Deaf too in God is in the Radio. Such a killer tune.

Really looking forward to the O2 show later this year. image.thumb.png.47a13de147c69a4f7203c488f081d83c.png

Almost lost my sh*t when they started playing God is on the radio. Had low hopes of hearing that and as it is one of my favourite songs by them that was just a cherry on top of the best show of the weekend. Normally have to fight through the crowds or enjoy from the back but this time like most fans here was able to see them from up close surrounded by people who clearly knew all the songs and vibing hard. Thank you Elton John!

48 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Was a proper good mosh pit. We were right at the front. Does anyone else remember a guy dressed in a cheerleader outfit who thought he was at Elton John?! Wondered right into the mosh pit, don't think he knew what was going on.

The crowd were brilliant down the front - proper mosh pit at the end. 

Remember seeing the Elton John fan looking slightly bewildered, think he was enjoying it still! Not sure how you mix up those two stages mind. One is a giant pyramid. Only at Glastonbury eh

• Upvote 1

Looked absolutely unbelievable on TV. Everything from the sound engineer, camera man, mixing desk to the tightness of the band, Josh's presence/arrogance/humor and the crowds energy towards the end.......one of the best sets I've ever seen on TV.

Thank F I have a ticket to see them at the Hydro in November (Saturday night too so should be absolute FIRE in there). 

17 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Just watched the set and it's brilliant

If it wasn't for seeing them in 2011 + upcoming tour id have been there.

This. I am happy I was at Elton, but it’s fantastic to hear and see how good Josh and co. were. One of my favourite bands, can’t wait for November!

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Nah it was filmed real close on stage mainly. Close to the band and the camera was moving all the time. But not in a shakey way.

Fair enough, I've not see the TV footage yet, but I don't remember getting annoyed about it on the night, so there must have been very few there

If anyone knows of anyone selling standing tickets for the show in Birmingham 19/11/23 then please point them my way.

I’m devastated I missed them. I was going with them all weekend but ended up going to Elton with my mates.

I’ve watched it back on iPlayer with such envy.

Damn touts are trying to get £150 out of me for a standing ticket, shameless.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:09 PM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Just watched the set and it's brilliant

If it wasn't for seeing them in 2011 + upcoming tour id have been there.

Elton was good but I was bored by the end of it.

I was there for that legendary 2011 set, seen them loads elsewhere too and with Elton being a one-off, it was a fairly easy decision for me, but DAMN they were on fire. Teeny bit regretful but not really. All over that O2 date now though.

• Upvote 1