"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

13 minutes ago, Keithy said:

If Liam G is lucky, he gets the early morning slot at JP. If Glastonbury has any sense of credibility, a chap who has released bugger all as a solo artist should not be getting anywhere near the prime slots. 

5pm on the John Peel as a secret set is hardly a prime slot. In fact a set of Liam doing Oasis tunes and one or two new ones is perfect for that slot.

18 minutes ago, Keithy said:

If Liam G is lucky, he gets the early morning slot at JP. If Glastonbury has any sense of credibility, a chap who has released bugger all as a solo artist should not be getting anywhere near the prime slots. 

He will pull a big crowd regardless of his solo output. You could not really put Liam on somewhere small with no up against him, early doors.

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You'd certainly assume much more of a fan of BG than LG, which suggests it isn't LG he is off to see with his mate.

Although tbf, out of any special act they could stick in the JP at 5pm, LG is probably one of the ones I'd most expect Eavis to wanna see. He's said in the past about wanting Oasis back when they reform so he's probably a fan. He probably also heard how terrible Gibbo was with Coldplay last year.

24 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Haha I took is as ME going to pick the act up, too.

Would have expected ME to be at Barry Gibb for some reason. Probably just assuming because he's old.

no he's picking a friend up 15mins before who told Dee about the info

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yep, got it now :P Was slightly confused by Dee telling us Michael Eavis was picking "him" up at 4:45 and then predicting the act to be Michelle Obama :lol:

Well there are plenty of internet rumours that say Michelle is actually a Michael.

Edited by Untz

8 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Are you saying the big secret isn't a "BIG" secret then?

Well whatever it'll be won't measure the expectation to the amount of effort and time has been put up into this forum. Who's gonna actually turn up and play glasto without knowledge. Who care's anyway. Best time i had at glasto was wandering around in 2015. 

I look forward to the "this was the secret" thread.

36 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Black Grape is Shaun Ryder, Kermit and a load of session musicians. The Mondays is a band in the traditional sense.

I am hoping Black Grape turn up on the line up.

Black grape playing would make my weekend, wouldn't care who the clash with I'm there.

• Upvote 1

So I was thinking perhaps the big secret isn't a BIG secret. Perhaps it's only big because it's been kept quiet for 6 months without getting out.

LG? I was and still am a huge Oasis fan, so much so I put myself through Vfest in 2009 to see them. Turned out to be their last gig. Even so, would Liam be a Big secret? If Noel turned up then definitely but Liam on his own I can't see what would be worth making a big fuss over.

So macca yeah?

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

So I was thinking perhaps the big secret isn't a BIG secret. Perhaps it's only big because it's been kept quiet for 6 months without getting out.

LG? I was and still am a huge Oasis fan, so much so I put myself through Vfest in 2009 to see them. Turned out to be their last gig. Even so, would Liam be a Big secret? If Noel turned up then definitely but Liam on his own I can't see what would be worth making a big fuss over.

So macca yeah?

Thought it might've been his first solo show but that's Rock im Park at the start of June. Would be his first UK show but yeah, nothing to make that much of a fuss about.