"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

2 hours ago, MrNash84 said:

i was thinking it could be Florence, another that popped into mind (not to eveybodys taste) but maybe Ellie Goulding - in Europe week before and after Glasto :huh: and this then led me to Calvin Harris which would be huge!

Ellie Goulding stunk the place out last year, so if she's Emily Eavis's big secret then we're all doomed.

30 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It's notable that the Beach Boys are on tour too. Perhaps  Brian Wilson - Mike Love reunion is on the cards?

Would it go on before or after the Morrissey-Marr reformation?

24 minutes ago, incident said:

Would it go on before or after the Morrissey-Marr reformation?

Hmmm, difficult.

Perhaps afther the Kinks but before the Smiths.

Having said that the Kinks would fit the HUGE label too...

(Ray Davis has also played the Extravaganza and the Festival. The Kinks have played the festival too).

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Hmmm, difficult.

Perhaps afther the Kinks but before the Smiths.

Having said that the Kinks would fit the HUGE label too...

(Ray Davis has also played the Extravaganza and the Festival. The Kinks have played the festival too).

The Smiths is a mad one as I do not think there is actually any animosity between Mozza and Marr. I doubt there is any chance Mozza would play with Rourke orJoyce again, but I honestly think Marr and Mozza will one day play together again.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The Smiths is a mad one as I do not think there is actually any animosity between Mozza and Marr. I doubt there is any chance Mozza would play with Rourke orJoyce again, but I honestly think Marr and Mozza will one day play together again.

I agree, if ever there was a reunion of sorts it'll be Morrissey & Marr rather than The Smiths, but to be honest I can't even see that happening. Marr said recently (in his book?) that Moz talked enthusiastically about it but Marr never heard back.

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I agree, if ever there was a reunion of sorts it'll be Morrissey & Marr rather than The Smiths, but to be honest I can't even see that happening. Marr said recently (in his book?) that Moz talked enthusiastically about it but Marr never heard back.

I need to read his book. Got it when it came out but still not got round to reading it yet.

We can only hope they perform together again one day.

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

I think it was more that they were both enthusiastic about it - then Morrissey went radio silent and Marr didn't follow up

edit: which reading back is pretty much what you said. As you were. 

Edited by Iron14

Even if The Smiths somehow miraculously reformed and announced a series of gigs, I'd be half-expecting Moz to bail on them throughout the entire build-up.

I've seen Morrissey live, and whatever your opinion of him is, he's pretty damn good to see.

37 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I've seen Morrissey live, and whatever your opinion of him is, he's pretty damn good to see.

He's a complete arsehole and his voice is more irritating than coarse grade sandpaper undercrackers. Not sure if that's included in your definition of "pretty damn good to see" but it falls well outside of mine. If he was playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains jump in the car drive to the airport and catch the next plane to anywhere rather than listen to him.

Yup, not a fan.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Ellie Goulding stunk the place out last year, so if she's Emily Eavis's big secret then we're all doomed.

watching Ellie Goilding last year was like going to a really shit aerobics class where the instructor was pissed and she just hurled abuse at you 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

He's a complete arsehole and his voice is more irritating than coarse grade sandpaper undercrackers. Not sure if that's included in your definition of "pretty damn good to see" but it falls well outside of mine. If he was playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains jump in the car drive to the airport and catch the next plane to anywhere rather than listen to him.

Yup, not a fan.

Well, sorry my opinion doesn't match yours :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

watching Ellie Goilding last year was like going to a really shit aerobics class where the instructor was pissed and she just hurled abuse at you 

Everyone was there waiting to see Beck, it was a tough crowd :P  (Beck then had the same problem for some bizarre reason)

9 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Everyone was there waiting to see Beck, it was a tough crowd :P  (Beck then had the same problem for some bizarre reason)

I liked Beck, but you are right it wasn't bouncing as it should have been. everyone was just there to get a flashing wrist band

Just now, shuttlep said:

I liked Beck, but you are right it wasn't bouncing as it should have been. everyone was just there to get a flashing wrist band

Yeah, Beck was trying really hard I felt, but getting nowhere - on the plus side I sold my wrist band for £20

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Yeah, Beck was trying really hard I felt, but getting nowhere - on the plus side I sold my wrist band for £20

people were getting desperate, we got there and they had run out, I had to make a phone call to a friend who managed to get us a couple. I thought If I have to watch Coldplay I am at least having something fucking flashy