"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Hey newbie here!

I had a dream last night that when my tickets arrived there was a flyer with them, that said that the jam were headlining a new stage on the Thursday night, followed by a rudimental dj set

wont happen but just wanted to document it somewhere just in case it does!

Edited by Sparxuk
Correction
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sparxuk said:

Hey newbie here!

I had a dream last night that when my tickets arrived there was a flyer with them, that said that the jam were headlining a new stage on the Thursday night, followed by a rudimental dj set

Hey, welcome to the forum, @Sparxuk. The Jam would be so cool, even on a stage that already exists. I reckon I have a little daydream about this roughly once a week.

2 hours ago, Dave The Owl said:

Not read all 131 pages, but thinking along the lines of a big enough to be seen as a big secret, small enough to play JP and booked around six months ago could it be David Brent & Foregone Conclusion

Six months ago would tie in with the couple of dates they played last year, and the Sunday works for Ricky Gervais's stand up dates (Dublin on Saturday, nothing on Sunday)

30,000 people with lighters in the air and swaying to Equality Street. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave The Owl said:

Not read all 131 pages, but thinking along the lines of a big enough to be seen as a big secret, small enough to play JP and booked around six months ago could it be David Brent & Foregone Conclusion

Six months ago would tie in with the couple of dates they played last year, and the Sunday works for Ricky Gervais's stand up dates (Dublin on Saturday, nothing on Sunday)

You've charmed me. I would bloody love it to be them. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Oh I forgot to add. This friend of ME was the guy who told us it was the Who playing that year. We dismissed this as they were due to play in Paris. Low and behold they played. So I now take what he says as the truth

As you were all apparently more drunk than me last night given recent comments i thought id quote this

My sympathies are with your livers 

Not necessarily saying it's relevant, but this article on Somerset Live about the loss of the Growler food stall, the owner of the stall says that according to what he's heard, they're removing a whole line of stalls to the right of the Other stage.  

Could be making room for a bigger audience, or changing the layout between the Other Stage and the Glade or the Old Railway Line.   http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/glastonbury-2017-shepton-mallet-businessman-69061

Edited by Fork_UK

22 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Not necessarily saying it's relevant, but this article on Somerset Live about the loss of the Growler food stall, the owner of the stall says that according to what he's heard, they're removing a whole line of stalls to the right of the Other stage.  

Could be making room for a bigger audience, or changing the layout between the Other Stage and the Glade or the Old Railway Line.   http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/glastonbury-2017-shepton-mallet-businessman-69061

Which we think is that new area Cloud 9 thingie is gonna be situated - possibly??

On think it's been discussed a fair bit a few pages back, there is definitely some sort of re-org/ new area going there, although there could be an element of saving face with regards to that being the only reason. I've seen new vendors posted in the confirmed food vendors thread who have never been at Glastonbury, so if they really wanted the Growler stall there, surely they'd just relocate them?

17 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Ah really? That's all i use to eat. What the hell am I suppose to do now? Go to the left hand side of the other stage for food? 

This is a serious question. 

38 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

As far as I can recall there were very few decent food stalls to the right of the stage anyway. Plenty of good ones to the left though. 

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

As far as I can recall there were very few decent food stalls to the right of the stage anyway. Plenty of good ones to the left though. 

Oh, I've never had a Growler and probably never would, considering there is so much better stuff to eat than a chip butty, but it's kinda fun, piecing together little things to work out what the secret is!  

11 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2017-harry-styles-big-69013

If after all of this speculation Harry Styles ends up being this massive secret ill be distraught. Don't get me wrong he's undoubtably a massive name but just after all of these names spoken about be a bit gutting if he ends up being it 

Sweet mother of God NO! 

Edited by Trout Mask Replica

4 hours ago, Sparxuk said:

Hey newbie here!

I had a dream last night that when my tickets arrived there was a flyer with them, that said that the JAMM were headlining a new stage on the Thursday night, followed by a rudimental dj set

FIFY. I'm taking this as a conformation. :)

26 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2017-harry-styles-big-69013

If after all of this speculation Harry Styles ends up being this massive secret ill be distraught. Don't get me wrong he's undoubtably a massive name but just after all of these names spoken about be a bit gutting if he ends up being it 

Just the usual Somerset Live reporting on baseless rumours that have been all over social media. Saves them the bother of doing anything that could be considered journalism.