Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I was absolutely gutted not to go in 2011 because Paul Simon and Beyonce were playing. Only saw a couple of Paul Simon songs on the TV, but it looked really good, always surprised that seemingly everybody didn't like it. I finally got to see him live in November, and it was comfortably one of the best gigs I've been to.

It was a big let down- was also a nightmare finding a spot due to the maze of chairs everywhere- the most causes I've ever encountered! He had a cold or sore throat or something and his choice of set list was the exact opposite of what the crowd were there to hear. It's hard to express just how disappointing it was and how flat the crowd were and how palpable their disappointment was. 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

It was a big let down- was also a nightmare finding a spot due to the maze of chairs everywhere- the most causes I've ever encountered! He had a cold or sore throat or something and his choice of set list was the exact opposite of what the crowd were there to hear. It's hard to express just how disappointing it was and how flat the crowd were and how palpable their disappointment was.

I ended up having a nap for the second half of Simon's set, fel like the entire field woke up for the opening bars of Call Me Al.

On 07/04/2017 at 6:18 PM, timbrass said:

Shaky is the obvious choice for worst ever act.  When people had made the effort to lug a physical Green door through the mud (yes a proper 6' x 3' door), the least he could have done was play the bloody song.

Not only had someone brought an actual door, I also seem to remember a bloke down the front with an enormous home-made green thing, that even opened up to reveal a Shakey inside. Later I saw the same bloke rather miserably wandering round site, dragging the same door behind him.

"Hey - it's Green-Door Man!", I exclaimed. "Good work".

"Two bloody days", he replied, "It took two bloody days to make and he didn't even play it.". And off he trudged.

Not actually been to Glasto yet so I'm not sure if it was as bad being there as it appeared on tv, but last shadow puppets last year (I think) were fucking cringeworthy!

Thrice at 12 noon at Leeds festival were an attack on my very hungover soul.

The Hives that year (2004 I think) were -and still are- the best live band I've seen.

5 hours ago, siblin said:

I would have done, but like 90% of everyone there I left as soon as she bounced on stage in disgust, so for all I know she could have pulled off her mask, revealed shes the alter-ego of Tom Jones, did an epic 3 hours set of psychedelic funk/indian sitar/krautrock/dealth metal fusion, and rounded off the set by setting off 200lbs of TNT.

You're totally right....it's actually pretty unfair of me as I can't confirm or deny that she was the worst performance at Glastonbury as I also left, but it's got to be up there for worst/most disappointing 'surprise'!! 

The Streets headlining the John Peel tent the year Beyoncé headlined the Pyramid.

I adore the first 2 Streets records but that performance (nearly) spoilt them for me. It seemed very amateur, dated and was a bit too 'lad' for me.

What added insult to injury was everyone I spoke to was raving about Beyoncé afterwards. I chose wrong that night.

1 hour ago, rseamer said:

The Streets headlining the John Peel tent the year Beyoncé headlined the Pyramid.

I adore the first 2 Streets records but that performance (nearly) spoilt them for me. It seemed very amateur, dated and was a bit too 'lad' for me.

What added insult to injury was everyone I spoke to was raving about Beyoncé afterwards. I chose wrong that night.

When one of the options is Beyonce, everything else is the wrong choice.

2 hours ago, rseamer said:

I was at Beyonce and have always regretted not going to (my last and only chance to) see The Streets, but this thread is helping to alter my thoughts! 

On 4/7/2017 at 3:51 PM, Brock Landers said:

I totally forgot N.E.R.D who were absolutely woeful in 2009. Arrived on about 30 mins late, decided to piss away what precious running time they had left by letting Pharrell talk complete bollocks between tracks. Eventually the peeps in charge cut off sound to all of their instruments. Pharrell then made a passionate request for everybody to "rush the stage" which was responded with total apathy. 

Was massively surprised he was allowed back a couple of years ago.

Surprised this didn't come up earlier. I'd have added it had I not seen it. 

Can't think of many truly horrendous acts at Glastonbury but that was dire.

On 10/04/2017 at 6:11 PM, rseamer said:

I bloody loved the Streets gig that night, but then I myself am amateur and dated, if, hopefully, not too 'lad'

On 10/04/2017 at 2:43 PM, Richi1988 said:

Not actually been to Glasto yet so I'm not sure if it was as bad being there as it appeared on tv, but last shadow puppets last year (I think) were fucking cringeworthy!

I was there and they were brilliant, in fact one of the highlights of last year for me. I think people take them too seriously, it's a side project and they're just having a bit of fun! Not to mention when I tried to watch the highlights when I got home the BBC only showed a couple of songs anyway??

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Think @Mardy had the best description of that one.  "An hour of being shouted at by a lovesick aerobics teacher" I believe Mardy?

Gawd, it was awful. Dismal music, flat atmosphere, ankle deep in mud. The only upside is that it made PJ Harvey and LCD all the better by contrast. Proper low point, though.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

I bloody loved the Streets gig that night, but then I myself am amateur and dated, if, hopefully, not too 'lad'

Me too, I also is no lad, being a girl, I'm far from it. I was at the front, buzzed of it, met a random and we had a really good laugh

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I was there and they were brilliant, in fact one of the highlights of last year for me. I think people take them too seriously, it's a side project and they're just having a bit of fun! Not to mention when I tried to watch the highlights when I got home the BBC only showed a couple of songs anyway??

Wait, the highlights show was only highlights you say?  

:P

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Me too, I also is no lad, being a girl, I'm far from it. I was at the front, buzzed of it, met a random and we had a really good laugh

He did stop a song half way through to tell a girl on someone's shoulders that she had lovely boobies. Definitely a laddy atmosphere.

Edited by Bradders

On 09/04/2017 at 7:39 PM, GlastoAwe said:

Genuinely surprised to see so few mentions of Ke$ha as the 'surprise' guest in the dance village on the Thursday evening back in 2011. Reminded me why I've always hated surprises.

Lana del Ray on the pyramid, such a disappointment, but helped me finally get some sleep so I suppose I can't complain. 

Also I just didn't get Haim on the pyramid back in 2013 or 14 (can't remember which!) not so much the music but the awful chat between songs!

I enjoyed that set, but was also bemused by the inbetween song chatter, didn't help that I couldn't hear it properly, all I could gather was that one of them was feeling ill for some reason.