Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt find 'Orrible Lads a mess at all.  They complained that their gear had been messed with, but it sounded fine in the field.  Roger's voice isnt what it was, but it's still just about there enough to carry it off.  And even if they didnt play 5:15 they still dealed out more belters than you can shake a stick at.

On 10/04/2017 at 7:21 PM, Titters said:

I was at Beyonce and have always regretted not going to (my last and only chance to) see The Streets, but this thread is helping to alter my thoughts! 

On 12/04/2017 at 6:37 AM, Mardy said:

I bloody loved the Streets gig that night, but then I myself am amateur and dated, if, hopefully, not too 'lad'

I also loved that Streets gig. 

Dunno if it's been mentioned before but Morrissey in 2011 was the pits. Pompous rubbish; the slowing down of 'There Is A Light' to a snails pace, taking out Johnny Marr's awesome guitar bit in 'This Charming Man' - generally seemed disinterested throughout and also seemed to be irked by playing before U2.

I really like a lot of Morrissey's solo work and have seen him another couple of times where he's been really good but I was bored rigid.

52 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I also loved that Streets gig. 

Half way through he was stood on a box shouting at the crowd I CAN SEE YOU, CAN YOU SEE ME:lol:.

I must admit I was never a big fan but this gig just seemed a total shambles to me. Although if I was as out of it as Mike Skinner was then I'd of probably enjoyed it as well.

1 hour ago, Glastocat said:

Half way through he was stood on a box shouting at the crowd I CAN SEE YOU, CAN YOU SEE ME:lol:.

I must admit I was never a big fan but this gig just seemed a total shambles to me. Although if I was as out of it as Mike Skinner was then I'd of probably enjoyed it as well.

Shambles was the word I was looking for. That's how I remember it.

I also remember certain sections of the crowd being rather aggressive - it didn't seem at all 'Glastonbury'

I'd seen them several years before and they were great but it all seemed very 'wrong' by 2011.

2 hours ago, Glastocat said:

Yeh apparently I'm usually a shambles myself and enjoy a lot of these "worst acts" :lol: