Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I was there and they were brilliant, in fact one of the highlights of last year for me. I think people take them too seriously, it's a side project and they're just having a bit of fun! Not to mention when I tried to watch the highlights when I got home the BBC only showed a couple of songs anyway??

I actually really like them but I just struggled with the preening around by them. 

Ive been to many a.fest so I get it can feel much different when you're there.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellie Goulding last year and I was only walking by looking for the Yorkshire pudding stall. Absolutely horrific and utterly shite. I wont get those 5-10 mins back that i'd rather have been stood in a queue for! Second for me was also last year and again only in passing. I caught about 10 minutes of The 1975 on the other stage when i got my times mixed up for Chvrches and I can safely say they are completely woeful. Haven't a clue what the front man was doing flailing around like a geriatric whilst being completely unable to play any kind of music.

I would say Motorhead in 2015, the set wasn't particularly bad or though not the best ive seen from them(but given what im about to say you can excuse that) but bad for me as im a massive motorhead fan, ive grown up knowing that band and lemmy himself are the epitomy of rock n roll........and from watching that set you could tell Lemmy was ill, he looked gaunt, thin, not as aggressive as he usually is onstage, you could tell something was up and it wasnt just media speculation over his health. It was kind of a `yay motorhead at glastonbury! but also a ....shit hes really not well is he?` 

and then that was the last time I ever saw them live as it was last time I got a chance to before lemmy passed away. 

Suede, 2003. I love Suede, was really looking forward to seeing em as that was the first time I would. They were so bad that when the reunion came round I was in two minds about seeing em again, but so glad I did. Don't know what was wrong with em that day, they just went down like a lead balloon.

Only been for the last couple years but ELO is one act that comes to mind.. 

But that maybe partly due to the fact that I had to run to the long drop and listen to the rest of the set from there, whilst experiencing Montezuma's revenge at it's finest.

9 hours ago, Bradders said:

He did stop a song half way through to tell a girl on someone's shoulders that she had lovely boobies. Definitely a laddy atmosphere.

Ha. That was me....

nah not really. I'm too old for that schmozzle.

Well my judgment must have been clouded, I had a great time. Remember going to meet me pals after it and I was buzzing.

On 04/04/2017 at 9:29 PM, zero000 said:

Paul Simon and Laura Marling were both terminally boring on the Pyramid a few years back, but Connan Mockasin on the Park takes the biscuit. He was absolutely dire. Looked like he'd smashed a tonne of valium or been hitting the bong (water) heavy.

As i remember, the first 20 mins of Mockasin's set was him fucking up a sound check. There again, that could have been his set! I left shortly after what sounded like the first discernible tune. Had been really looking forward to it as well.

The Streets on the JP Stage in 2011 were rubbish, and the audience (which i'm ashamed to have been a part of) were horrendous (i witnessed someone pee in a cup and throw it on everyone...knew my mum was going to embarrass me!!!). I left half way through and watched Beyonce - that's how bad it was! 

1 hour ago, MrHew said:

Can't remember the year but the Seahorses on the other were terrible and the backing vocals so out of tune. 

Caught some of Ellie Goulding as I slogged past the pyramid last year. Really didn't help my mood.

And the drummer was hired due to his backing vocals rather than his drumming:rofl:

I've been watching back some of the Paul Simon set on YouTube tonight. His voice really was shot but that setlist didn't help, I wasn't one calling for S&G stuff as I love his solo output but it could've been SO much better.

Also had a look a recent setlists. Man, that last night in Dublin..

Dreamy setlist.

I'm not sure why (but suspect that it's owing to a congenital deformity) but I don't think I could name any act that didn't please me on some level. That is apart from the odd juggler (they usually work alone, for maximum me, me, me, benefit), if indeed, you can count them as an act. I don't mind pop bands, orchestras, comedians (this is actually a lie, but you'll get my point) etc etc, but what the fuck are jugglers all about? What on earth is going through what is laughingly referred to as their minds if they think that is entertainment? And why do they all wear off the shelf crustie gear? Why not strike out and be the one to wear a onesie, and be crowned the biggest spanner of them all within the juggling fraternity?

Sorry if the above appears all negative 'n' all, but it's the only thing I can think of which might fit the criteria of the thread title.

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not sure why (but suspect that it's owing to a congenital deformity) but I don't think I could name any act that didn't please me on some level. That is apart from the odd juggler (they usually work alone, for maximum me, me, me, benefit), if indeed, you can count them as an act. I don't mind pop bands, orchestras, comedians (this is actually a lie, but you'll get my point) etc etc, but what the fuck are jugglers all about? What on earth is going through what is laughingly referred to as their minds if they think that is entertainment? And why do they all wear off the shelf crustie gear? Why not strike out and be the one to wear a onesie, and be crowned the biggest spanner of them all within the juggling fraternity?

Sorry if the above appears all negative 'n' all, but it's the only thing I can think of which might fit the criteria of the thread title.

If you saw Thompson Twins in 1981 I can safely say that it would not have pleased you.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've been watching back some of the Paul Simon set on YouTube tonight. His voice really was shot but that setlist didn't help, I wasn't one calling for S&G stuff as I love his solo output but it could've been SO much better.

Also had a look a recent setlists. Man, that last night in Dublin..

Dreamy setlist.

Yeah it doesn't look like a Pyramid setlist, especially not for the Legend's slot. This one we got in Manchester was all killer no filler, for 3 hours http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-simon/2016/o2-apollo-manchester-manchester-england-3fa2183.html

On 4/14/2017 at 1:30 AM, dougal1 said:

I missed the streets in 2011 but they were great in 2009 on west holts! 

Worst for me are probably Paul Simon and James Blake.

Thank God! I thought I was going insane thinking that The Streets played WH. 

They were amazing then from the very little I can remember.