Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were definitely better in 09. They were missing something without Chas on backing vocals and trumpet, definitely adds an extra layer of sound. The highway to hell bit was shite, and as much as I've always loved them it just never feels like anything more than you've seen from them before.

I was absolutely gutted not to go in 2011 because Paul Simon and Beyonce were playing. Only saw a couple of Paul Simon songs on the TV, but it looked really good, always surprised that seemingly everybody didn't like it. I finally got to see him live in November, and it was comfortably one of the best gigs I've been to.

Madness were a huge disappointment, the Highway to Hell karaoke bit was just an embarrassment*, even they cut it short. 

Wasn't helped by people by us talking all the way through, including a lengthy conversation on how much they love Madness.

Got better when we moved away from them and they played the bigger hits towards the end. 

Hopefully they'll be a lot better at Bearded Theory next month.

*Madness based shit joke.

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

To be fair, the weather was grand for Madness, I didn't mind being there, one of the best spells of sunshine of the weekend.  

That was why we chose it over Mbongwana Star. And to be fair it wasn't enjoyable enough, just failed to go off like it did when I saw them before.

Edited by Winslow Leach

6 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

That was why we chose it over Mbongwana Star. And to be fair it wasn't enjoyable enough, just failed to go off like it did when I saw them before.

Indeed; 2009 magic, 2016 dog w*nk 

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

I meant to say was enjoyable enough, I didn't think they were terrible by any means.

Haha, fair enough, I did think they were piss poor though compared to 2009

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Madness were a huge disappointment, the Highway to Hell karaoke bit was just an embarrassment*, even they cut it short. 

Aye, disappointing. Not least because we'd told our American friend that they were a national treasure and would be loads of fun...was all just a bit awkward!

Genuinely surprised to see so few mentions of Ke$ha as the 'surprise' guest in the dance village on the Thursday evening back in 2011. Reminded me why I've always hated surprises.

Lana del Ray on the pyramid, such a disappointment, but helped me finally get some sleep so I suppose I can't complain. 

Also I just didn't get Haim on the pyramid back in 2013 or 14 (can't remember which!) not so much the music but the awful chat between songs!

Just had a flashback to the feeling playing a cover of take on me by Aha on a gloomy pyramid stage with the rain setting in. 2008 had some ropey bands but it was my first Glasto and I loved it ( apart from the feeling, the Hoosiers and scouting for girls!)

On 07/04/2017 at 6:33 PM, cornish hick said:

New Order last year - I'd bigged them up to my gang of youngsters and europeans.  ended up appologising to them for it being sooo bad.

On the other hand me and a couple who came with me really enjoyed James

i wouldnt say it was bad, but i was disappointed.  I was born too late in my love of late 80s/early 90s synth and indie so i'd really got excited about seeing them.  I left thinking "yeah they were alright".  I think it was all just a bit wooden.

14 hours ago, GlastoAwe said:

Genuinely surprised to see so few mentions of Ke$ha as the 'surprise' guest in the dance village on the Thursday evening back in 2011. Reminded me why I've always hated surprises.

I would have done, but like 90% of everyone there I left as soon as she bounced on stage in disgust, so for all I know she could have pulled off her mask, revealed shes the alter-ego of Tom Jones, did an epic 3 hours set of psychedelic funk/indian sitar/krautrock/dealth metal fusion, and rounded off the set by setting off 200lbs of TNT.