Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nice hymer said:

England vs Germany in 2010.

Walked miles for a crap view of a crap game.... meanwhile Slash was ripping up the Pyramid stage and I missed it!

Epic Glastonbury fail - I don't even like football :wacko:

That was f**king awful. Almost ruined my Sunday and the whole bloody weekend.

Thank goodness for Ray Davies and Stevie...

the james setlist had a fair few hits in it, not really sure what more you could ask for. Though I suppose you wouldnt have enjoyed it if you only know the dreadful sit down

Nothing But Love

To My Surprise

Come Home

Sometimes

Surfer's Song

Attention

Out to Get You

Bitch

Moving On

Curse Curse

Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)

Tomorrow

Laid

Is out to get you not one of their bigger "hits"? I guess not then. But I agree if they'd thrown she's a star or something in that middle bit it would have improved things. 

It was the incredibly late start, the brexit announcement and the rain that killed it more than the setlist I reckon.

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

the james setlist had a fair few hits in it, not really sure what more you could ask for. Though I suppose you wouldnt have enjoyed it if you only know the dreadful sit down

Nothing But Love

To My Surprise

Come Home

Sometimes

Surfer's Song

Attention

Out to Get You

Bitch

Moving On

Curse Curse

Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)

Tomorrow

Laid

Glorious set.  Mates I was with didn't really get it but I was a happy bunny that morning.  Out to Get You in particular was something else, and of the new stuff I thought Surfer's Song really stood out.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Theres a seven song stretch in that James set that looks pretty unfamiliar to me.

As in seven consecutive songs Calgon? Or seven in total?  If it's total then yeah, some newer stuff there that people might not know so well.  But if there's a single stretch in there you don't know then I'd hazard not a fan generally other than what crops up on the radio?

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Glorious set.  Mates I was with didn't really get it but I was a happy bunny that morning.  Out to Get You in particular was something else, and of the new stuff I thought Surfer's Song really stood out.

As in seven consecutive songs Calgon? Or seven in total?  If it's total then yeah, some newer stuff there that people might not know so well.  But if there's a single stretch in there you don't know then I'd hazard not a fan generally other than what crops up on the radio?

Yep. Nothing but love is decent too, but perhaps they should have started with a very familiar song, especially after that delayed start.

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Is out to get you not one of their bigger "hits"? I guess not then. But I agree if they'd thrown she's a star or something in that middle bit it would have improved things. 

It was the incredibly late start, the brexit announcement and the rain that killed it more than the setlist I reckon.

The setlist certainly didn't help. There was that run of new songs, where the momentum particularly died with the one they said something like "this is our favourite off the new album", which seemed to go on forever. I knew it wasn't my favourite about 10 seconds in and I've never heard the album! (They had played a better new song earlier)

Howevee, I agree that other than She's a Star and Sit Down there were no other glaring omissions.

9 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

It was nice for what it was, the kind of album Coldplay would be making now if they'd not gone all concept-y and electronic after X&Y. Problem was the audience for that kind of thing need the big choruses to get hooked in, and it didn't have any, so they didn't replace the hordes they'd turned off by putting down the banjos. It was a worth a try but I imagine they'll just go back to the old style on the next album

Yeah you've nailed that on the head very well!

Fair enough.  Sure there were songs I would have liked to have been included at the expense of some of the new stuff; take out Attention and Bitch, maybe To My Surprise, and drop in Ring The Bells, She's A Star and Waltzing Along and that would have been pretty much perfect for me.

32 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The setlist certainly didn't help. There was that run of new songs, where the momentum particularly died with the one they said something like "this is our favourite off the new album", which seemed to go on forever. I knew it wasn't my favourite about 10 seconds in and I've never heard the album! (They had played a better new song earlier)

Howevee, I agree that other than She's a Star and Sit Down there were no other glaring omissions.

Yeah I remember that bit now, the crowd groaned at him and didnt he say something like "well we like it anyway", I'm sure he got a bit arsey anyway.

I have a bad feeling the new radiohead songs are going to get a similar reaction from the creep brigade!

Just now, russycarps said:

Yeah I remember that bit now, the crowd groaned at him and didnt he say something like "well we like it anyway", I'm sure he got a bit arsey anyway.

I have a bad feeling the new radiohead songs are going to get a similar reaction from the creep brigade!

I quite liked a couple of the other ones I didn't recognise, but that song in particular just never seemed to end!  Just checked the video - it was Attention.  And listening back on Spotify, I stand by my thoughts at the time, from the new songs they played on the day, Surfer's Song was good, but the other two - Attention and Bitch drag quite a lot.  Particularly Attention.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thing is, the new material is good - if frontloading the set with it maybe isn't the best idea.

It's the more oblique stuff off of Limbs and the lads and less popular deep cut that'll more likely do for them.  No floating voters want to hear The Goddamn Gloaming.

Aye Daydreaming in to Desert Island Disk is a really bizarre and downbeat way to open the show, and then in to the noodley Ful Stop (which is fantastic live but isn't exactly a hit). They cut down the new album run of opening songs with their festival sets last year so hopefully they'll do the same again now.

I wasn't impressed by Tame Impala followed by New Order last year. But as they were one after another there is a good chance that it was my mood that was the issue! 

Disclosure at Arcadia in 2014 weren't great. Sound wasn't great either.

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Surely they'll have to mix it up a bit? 

They will for 100% sure open with a minimum of two off the new album I reckon. If they follow that up with anything other than karma police, creep or paranoid android i suspect there'll be a metalliac-esque exodus (albeit that the metallica exodus occurred after 30 seconds :lol: ). Plus there is bound to be a feral>gloaming>bloom middle section....

I no longer care though because I'll be at the park/JP watching the flaming lips!

They will for 100% sure open with a minimum of two off the new album I reckon. If they follow that up with anything other than karma police, creep or paranoid android i suspect there'll be a metalliac-esque exodus (albeit that the metallica exodus occurred after 30 seconds :lol: ). Plus there is bound to be a feral>gloaming>bloom middle section....

I no longer care though because I'll be at the park/JP watching the flaming lips!

Must have missed this! I was not planning to watch them but caught the first 10 minutes...I wasn't going anywhere after that! Not even a fan but I thought they were brilliant. 

Just now, Thunderstruck said:

Must have missed this! I was not planning to watch them but caught the first 10 minutes...I wasn't going anywhere after that! Not even a fan but I thought they were brilliant. 

it definitely happened because I was caught up in it!

The reason I was there is because people on this forum said the into to their gigs had to be seen to believed....it turned out it was just a load of scruffs on stage and an unfunny and overlong video....(I understand this wassnt their normal intro)

it definitely happened because I was caught up in it!

The reason I was there is because people on this forum said the into to their gigs had to be seen to believed....it turned out it was just a load of scruffs on stage and an unfunny and overlong video....(I understand this wassnt their normal intro)

I actually thought the intro was pretty funny, made me laugh anyway! The gig itself was great, thought they absolutely killed it tbh!