Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They were not far from awful in 2005. But even with an atmosphere on stage that made Oasis in 2004 seem like Blur in 2009, I must admit they weren't Shakin' Stevens bad. I was even humming doo do-do-do-do doo doo do. Doo do do afterwards. I bet @eastynh can identify the song from that ;)

But they were terrible!

Temptation

They had the ability to be terrible back in the day. I am getting bored of the consistently good.

Edited by eastynh

The Streets. Can't remember the year, but was in the Dance Village so not that long ago. Don't think it was them particularly, more the sound quality. Every beat seemed to echo from the back of the tent and crash into the next one. Sounded like a disabled horse trying to trot down a steep flight of stairs as a distant voice kept shouting 'your tit, but gloss your nose init'

16 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oh, jesus yes...how did I forget about Steve Davis?! I've never seen so many confused looking people in a tent before... Insane crush at the start but it didn't take the queue long to go down, for obvious reasons! My American friend pretty much summed it up when she looked at me and said "Is this music POPULAR in England??" 

Steve Davis standing next to a man putting on some not to great music, in front of a massive crowd. We thought he would be doing the DJing. At least he had the decency to look embarrassed about it though.:lol:

Tbf me and my mates had a really good laugh though.

2 hours ago, smudger said:

The Streets. Can't remember the year, but was in the Dance Village so not that long ago. Don't think it was them particularly, more the sound quality. Every beat seemed to echo from the back of the tent and crash into the next one. Sounded like a disabled horse trying to trot down a steep flight of stairs as a distant voice kept shouting 'your tit, but gloss your nose init'

Ha ha. The JP set the year they split? I was at right the front and loved it, danced like a loon, was hammered, thought it was ace.

I also loved James's set. Shocked it's getting slated. I know all thier stuff, but 2 of me pals didn't and they loved it too. Crying at moving on.

Helped us deal with the shit news on the Friday.

50 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Moving on was immense, in my opinion, brought to mind a lost loved one and stood out as a memorable moment for me.

Somehow this one had escaped my memory from that set.  Listening to it now has just dropped me straight back in it.  Beautiful.

The James set is one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to going solo.  The guys I was with only knew Sit Down and Laid, so most of the set was lost on them and they didn't think it was that great.  In hindsight I would have enjoyed it a damn sight more without people grumbling around me.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Somehow this one had escaped my memory from that set.  Listening to it now has just dropped me straight back in it.  Beautiful.

The James set is one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to going solo.  The guys I was with only knew Sit Down and Laid, so most of the set was lost on them and they didn't think it was that great.  In hindsight I would have enjoyed it a damn sight more without people grumbling around me.

I find going to bands alone is great at glasto. 

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've started doing it to all gigs!

i have too and its incredibly freeing, but i find it more so at glasto where you can manouver yourself to the pockets of the crowd who really know the material whereas at a bands own gigs where a larger proportion of the crowd know the material very well. 

1 minute ago, Muppetmark said:

i have too and its incredibly freeing, but i find it more so at glasto where you can manouver yourself to the pockets of the crowd who really know the material whereas at a bands own gigs where a larger proportion of the crowd know the material very well. 

We should go to gigs together.  And then stand nowhere near each other :lol: