Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

4 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Jesus was it that long ago? 

Yup. A whole decade.

With every landfill indie also-ran farting out a 10 year anniversary tour at the moment I'm surprised the nu-rave kids haven't got involved. They're probably all in their 30's and chartered accountants now.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, danegg said:

I'm very surprised nobody has mention Ke$ha in 2011. It was my first ever Glastonbury and she was the secret act that performed on the Thursday night, from memory. It was just awful.

It wasn't Thursday night, she opened the festival in the afternoon. Spent 45mins trudging through the mud from Kidney Mead. It wasn't good but far from the worst.

p.s. Her mom was one of the stage dancers dressed as a giant penis

22 minutes ago, Bisque said:

It wasn't Thursday night, she opened the festival in the afternoon. Spent 45mins trudging through the mud from Kidney Mead. It wasn't good but far from the worst.

p.s. Her mom was one of the stage dancers dressed as a giant penis

She did play Thursday at around 6pm in the dance village. It was incredible.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's probably why I hold our Ed in such hatred, I'm now allergic to solo ginger guitarists.

I know being ginger should be a crime, but I like young newton on technical merit. The boy can play. - and by play I mean not just loop 1 chord and 'white man rap' about how it sucks to be ginger for 3 & - half minutes 

The View were terrible in 2009. Mind you, they were terrible since their formation to this present day. Probably tomorrow, too.

Wasn't quite feeling New Order last year (they were far from awful, so I don't nominate them) but wandered to West Holts and caught the end of James Blake. My god that acted as such an enthusiasm vacuum.

Edited by OneLittleFish

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, zero000 said:

Paul Simon and Laura Marling were both terminally boring on the Pyramid a few years back, but Connan Mockasin on the Park takes the biscuit. He was absolutely dire. Looked like he'd smashed a tonne of valium or been hitting the bong (water) heavy.

This is what I quite like about these threads - how different other peoples opinions can differ from yours. Laura Marling that year was possibly in my top three Pyramid stage sets I've ever seen. I thought her nervousness was incredibly endearing and thought she was beyond brilliant.

11 hours ago, RossTC said:

Am i the only person who thinks the last M&S record was there best yet?! :S 

It was nice for what it was, the kind of album Coldplay would be making now if they'd not gone all concept-y and electronic after X&Y. Problem was the audience for that kind of thing need the big choruses to get hooked in, and it didn't have any, so they didn't replace the hordes they'd turned off by putting down the banjos. It was a worth a try but I imagine they'll just go back to the old style on the next album

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

From all this I can surmise that no one has ever been to see The Courteeners and they always play to an empty field.

weren't even the worst act on their stage on their day last time they played tbf. I mean I wasn't there, we opted to watch Marcos Valle play to one man and his dog, but I can't imagine it being possible to have a less pleasurable experience than watching Catfish in driving rain. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

The View were terrible in 2009. Mind you, they were terrible since their formation to this present day. Probably tomorrow, too.

Wasn't quite feeling New Order last year (they were far from awful, so I don't nominate them) but wandered to West Holts and caught the end of James Blake. My god that acted as such an enthusiasm vacuum.

Good job, men have been fed to the fishes for less:P

I remember being so excited at this time last year. This year I just feel despondent at all the overtime I am doing so that I can go.

Edited by eastynh

7 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

They were not far from awful in 2005. But even with an atmosphere on stage that made Oasis in 2004 seem like Blur in 2009, I must admit they weren't Shakin' Stevens bad. I was even humming doo do-do-do-do doo doo do. Doo do do afterwards. I bet @eastynh can identify the song from that ;)

But they were terrible!

11 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oh, jesus yes...how did I forget about Steve Davis?! I've never seen so many confused looking people in a tent before... Insane crush at the start but it didn't take the queue long to go down, for obvious reasons! My American friend pretty much summed it up when she looked at me and said "Is this music POPULAR in England??" 

We had gone early to have a sing song at Baggy Mondays and the tent was heaving outside.

bout 10 minutes in ad people were leaving in droves... Utter shite

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Please tell me all the disappointed Steve Davis crowd were all dreased in dickie bows and waving snooker cues as he burst their bubble by playing Robert Fripp and Julian Cope.

I was sat on a chair in the corner looking on, hoping to get on the decks and occasionally taking a sip of water.

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

From all this I can surmise that no one has ever been to see The Courteeners and they always play to an empty field.

I must have imagined all the people the few times I have seen them! I love a good few of their songs, their live performances are hit and miss though... sometimes he sings in tuneish (which is his style), sometimes he sounds like 2 cats having a fight.

I will be watching them again though.... some fantastic festival songs.

Just now, foolsgold1981 said:

I felt sorry for James at first. The entire atmosphere on site was fucking dead after the referendum result.

But they really didn't help themselves with that setlist

Yeh, tbh I've never really been a James fan or bothered to try...I live in Manchester so they are hyped up massively, which is probably why I expected more I think! I just found their music ploddy, he was creepy and they didn't play sit down :P