Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I remember @fatyeti24 saying being woken up by a wah-wah solo was his idea of festival hell at the time.

still is mate, still is..

as for things i can remember being awful, 2009.  i think they were called The Rakes, early doors on the Other on the Friday.  watched with friends of friends.  i fucking loathe that kind of music and wondered what the fuck i was doing wasting my time to it with people i didn't even know.

Arctic Monkeys 2013 - Started well, got boring.

Mumford and Sons - Found them very boring, the big close to the festival was so cheesy.

Kanye West - The worst time I've seen him, he wasn't great on the Pyramid, it started great though, he missed the point.

Missing Chic and PSB for two of these sets, is enough proof for me to say there is more to life than the Pyramid Stage headliners. Why I even saw mumford is a mystery to me.

Edited by simplyrob

First Glastonbury this year so any contribution I have is pretty moot to the discussion...

BUT Alt-J at Latitude 2015 were dull as dishwater, I managed to last up until the encore purely because my group were inexplicably into it - until one needed to leave to get some water. Needless to say I jumped at the chance.

Secondly Mumford and Sons at Reading the same year were atrocious, the older stuff got a good response from the crowd but whenever the lights dimmed and they played anything that was released post-2012ish no one seemed to know what was going on. 

1 minute ago, TunaBaby said:

The Fall on the park 2015. Recommended by a mate who usually has pretty solid suggestions. This was not one of them.

Oooh they were fantastic when I saw them in a tiny little venue in Reading, crazy, loud, deafening, good fun.

1 minute ago, Brownie30 said:

First Glastonbury this year so any contribution I have is pretty moot to the discussion...

BUT Alt-J at Latitude 2015 were dull as dishwater, I managed to last up until the encore purely because my group were inexplicably into it - until one needed to leave to get some water. Needless to say I jumped at the chance.

Secondly Mumford and Sons at Reading the same year were atrocious, the older stuff got a good response from the crowd but whenever the lights dimmed and they played anything that was released post-2012ish no one seemed to know what was going on. 

Alt J as much as I like them on record are pretty awful live whenever I've seen them.

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry, why was it classed as 'trolling', and why was it a thing of beauty? Is there some irony I wasn't getting?

Possibly the most cringeworthy pile of shit I've ever seen. When he mimes the words in the intro and doesn't know them... then attempts to sing it. He's not singing that bad to 'troll'. 

He's an absolute disgrace in my eyes for including anything to do with Queen in his act. Someone presses play and he stands there, gets some words wrong then sings out of key. Genius.

Each to their own though...

didn't metronomy play before the 1975 that night?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not a single mention so far of the sonic abortion that was Oasis' 2004 headline set? I can only assume it has been purged from the collective memory.

When the annual "worst act you've seen at the fest" thread appears, Oasis '04 the one that comes to mind immediately.

Repellent gig.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He didnt look well.

He's a legend. 

Im pleased I saw him

I'm certainly pleased I saw him, nothing can remove his name from my list, but I've been lucky with the acts I've seen at Glasto so unfortunately he's still the worst.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Lilly allen cant win the worst as Kate Nash is a poorer version of lilly allen

Sounds like standard Other Stage mid day fodder to be honest. 

Were people expecting it to be good?!

Surely something from the Pyramid or the Other in 2008 make the cut here? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_2008#Artists

Well, objectively Paul Simon may have been not at the top of the game and not done any S&G songs - but even if he was a bit subdued he still burst out more than a few of his best solo tracks and topped it off with a rollicking version of You Can Call Me Al.

And so it beats any set by The Kooks ever.

Paul Simon said he was ill during the gig itself so maybe that's why he wasn't up for it so much, maybe that's why he missed out some of his better songs as his voice wasn't up to it on the day. I give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Springsteen was boring as fook. Gorillaz too even with reeling out loads of legends.. Or maybe I just didn't get it. Either way I lost interest fast

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Sounds like standard Other Stage mid day fodder to be honest. 

Were people expecting it to be good?!

Surely something from the Pyramid or the Other in 2008 make the cut here? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_2008#Artists

As I said a couple of pages ago, Brian Jonestown Massacre literally sent me to sleep.

Christ that was a rough year.

Jack White - I remember saying "Look, I'm going for a drink in the bar over there, come find me when it's done" 

I accidentally saw the 1975, listened to their first song and wondered away. How are they so popular? So people hear differently to me?

Paul Simon was very disappointing, which is a crying shame!

The Kills were boring as fuck when I saw them 2011 too, another mid afternoon band with no ambition. They could have been cardboard cutouts with a cd player. 

Another vote for Paul Simon, by the end my mates and I just started shouting for Call Me Al and as soon as he finished we went and got a pint and a falafel. 

Anna Calvi in the JP tent was also utter, pretentious, style over substance bollocks