Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the pro-Kanye camp. I didnt think it was a great set throughout but it certainly had its moments, but in general I and the rest of the group I was with enjoyed ourselves..

I think the problem for most people that didnt enjoy it is that they went hoping he would be shit. We went hoping he'd nail it - he was somewhere in between.

Edited by mjsell

Dogstar in 1999 on The Other Stage will take some beating I can tell you! 

Gorgeous weather,  perfect setting, a Hollywood superstar in the band,...and then just dross, pure dross 

Never to be heard of again?..

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bloody hell Phil. He has a kidney disease! :lol:

But when he got up he was fire. U missed out.

Yikes. Lucky I didn't start heckling! I feel awful now....I had no idea!

Moving on....I feel asleep during Brian Jonestown Massacre back in 2008/09, and regret nothing.

1 hour ago, Wilfko said:

It started so promosingly with Power and Black Skinhead, Black skinhead in particular was fierce.. then he did a few autotune nonsense songs and we all walked off cursing his egotistical name.. plus I was borderline k hole.

Completely disagree re: 'nonsense songs'.

One of the strongest first 45 minute setlists I have ever seen.

Are you kidding me?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 09.53.55.png

Paul Simon also 2011 was total bobbins

Disclosure last year were a massive massive disappointment 

And got times totally mixed up in 2011 after spending the afternoon around silver hayes and nicely getting warmed up for the chems, we got to the other stage far to early and ended up coming down quickly to the white lies...

BB King ,2011. I know some people on here thought it was great and I was really looking forward to him beforehand. I knew it wasn't just my perception when my brother met up with me half way through and his first words were "what the fucks he playing at"

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Completely disagree re: 'nonsense songs'.

One of the strongest first 45 minute setlists I have ever seen.

Are you kidding me?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 09.53.55.png

I think the Cold Summer suite killed the atmosphere dead. Might have already taken a knock after Brodkin.

Also that setlist needs updating as it was obviously M.O.P.'s Cold as Ice rather than Foreigner's original. :lol:

5 minutes ago, swede said:

BB King ,2011. I know some people on here thought it was great and I was really looking forward to him beforehand. I knew it wasn't just my perception when my brother met up with me half way through and his first words were "what the fucks he playing at"

He didnt look well.

He's a legend. 

Im pleased I saw him

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Last year I was really looking forward to Blackalicious, but when the front man takes a break after the first song by literally sitting down on a monitor on stage you know his heart isn't in it. We didn't stay long.

To be fair to Gift of Gab, he's been very ill in the past 5-10 years and I think that was through medical necessity rather than "his heart not being in it". 

I stayed for the whole set and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, there were breaks where his hype man stepped in, but when Gift of Gab really got into it he did put a lot in. 

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

I can forgive car crashes at festivals, it's dullsville I can't stand.

Can vividly remember standing through an hour of some mind-numbingly banal American band called Live (?) in 1997 to curry favour with a girl I met there. Technically fine, but no passion. As were the band. Similarly ELO last year.

I remember @fatyeti24 saying being woken up by a wah-wah solo was his idea of festival hell at the time.

1 minute ago, imamazed said:

To be fair to Gift of Gab, he's been very ill in the past 5-10 years and I think that was through medical necessity rather than "his heart not being in it". 

I stayed for the whole set and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, there were breaks where his hype man stepped in, but when Gift of Gab really got into it he did put a lot in. 

See my comments above - I'm a fucking idiot.

13 hours ago, rubenz said:

Status quo probably. Not the type of stuff you need to hear with a terrible hangover. I think Tony Christie was on next so had to evacuate the area sharpish!

The Quo were superb that morning. 

Haven't seen any bad sets at the festival but my worst set experience has to be while sitting on a bench in the rain watching Anoushka Shankar, a very drunk lady then decided to sit next to me and constantly poke me in the head and face with her umbrella, she annoyingly kept apologising for doing it then proceeded poke me again, I was too tired to move and too festival chilled to have a go at her so I just put up with it until the set finished. 
Charm x

25 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

I've been dragged to Disclosure like twice now and both times have been gash

I saw them in Manchester earlier in the year and they were really good, I think the other stage was just far to big for them, still kick myself for missing underworld that night!!!

Gorillaz were the biggest disappointment, as with the guests from the album all lined up it should have been awesome, such a waste. 

Kanye was dire but I wasn't expecting much so not as big a deal, to me.

Biggest waste of my time there was indulging my wife who wanted to see Keane in Avalon. We had to be outside as it was rammed, we couldn't really hear due to outside noise and I had to miss Ray Davies :( And, it was Keane FFS.

12 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

How has nobody mentioned Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band in 2014?

From where I was stood I couldn't really hear her vocals (thank you based Park mixing stage gods) so it was just a Yo La Tengo instrumental set. Happy Tuna.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Blondie on the Other in 2014 were pretty fookin ropey now I come to think of it.

Haha the rest of my group fucked off and left me in the drizzle, spangled off my nut at what like 11am. Had a wicked sick time.

Sucks that Paul Simon didn't go down so well - one of those I'd love to see and I hope he gets his chance again.