Lorde

jyoung

4 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

My disdain for Solar Power the album is as strong as everyone else here but I reckon belting out Solar Power (the song) to a setting sun could be a real moment. Probably the only song from the album I'm looking forward to hearing live. 

There’s some good videos of that one online.  

41 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

My disdain for Solar Power the album is as strong as everyone else here but I reckon belting out Solar Power (the song) to a setting sun could be a real moment. Probably the only song from the album I'm looking forward to hearing live. 

Mood ring is pretty good too Imo. Dog shit album tho overall

Finally got round to giving Lorde a proper listen and she's moved firmly into my yes list. 

However, how definite is the Sunday sub slot? Not bothered by Years & Years particularly but PSB (soz Kendrick) is my number 1 for the weekend so may have a tough time choosing where to be 😭

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Finally got round to giving Lorde a proper listen and she's moved firmly into my yes list. 

However, how definite is the Sunday sub slot? Not bothered by Years & Years particularly but PSB (soz Kendrick) is my number 1 for the weekend so may have a tough time choosing where to be 😭

Not definite - just our best guess based off the other info we have. 

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah that’s better. Glad she’s given up on Hold No Grudge, just need to swap Dominoes or Oceanic Feeling out for Tennis Court and that’s as good as it was realistically ever gonna get.

The run of Mood Ring through to Green Light will be cracking on the Pyramid if she keeps it intact. I’m one of only about 10 people on the planet who liked Solar Power, though, so as long as she kept Homemade Dynamite in there I was never going to be disappointed … 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, nikkic said:

All eyes on the setlist.

I'm probably in the minority post Solar Power, but I'm looking forward to seeing her, clashes permitting of course. 

Put on the Spotify This Is Lorde playlist the other day, and the Solar Power songs (Mood Ring, Fallen Fruit  etc) all sounded pretty good.

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Put on the Spotify This Is Lorde playlist the other day, and the Solar Power songs (Mood Ring, Fallen Fruit  etc) all sounded pretty good.

Mood Ring was a big song in our house last year, kids loved it! 

Her back catalogue plus 2 or 3 from Solar Power and we’ll be on to a decent set list. 

33 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Is that for sure? 

Not that I think she’ll headline The Other, but has she been ruled out of playing Saturday? 

Won’t name names but somebody on here who seems to have a good track record has told me it’s Megan on Other Saturday. Nothing ruling Lorde out of playing Saturday, but it won’t be opposite Macca.