Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astonishing really, 5 years ago I saw Nile and Chic playing to a handful of people in Canterbury subbing for, oh the ignomy of it all, the fucking Charlatans. You could literaly wander up without bumping into another person to the front rail. A year later he's blowing the roof off West Holts.

Chic being confirmed for the Sunday is a grand old thing. They're second after Radiohead on the must-see list, so that removes one clash.

Can't see them going up against Katy Perry in a month of Sundays to be honest - too many party folk who'd probably check out both. Soundest booking for me would be to bang him third on the Pyramid, post-Bazza, pre-Perry, and have that WH headline slot snaffled by Phoenix.

Sorted!

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Probably reading too much into it but feel like Nile would probably know off the top of his head if they were on the Pyramid Stage.

I think you are. By that token he would also know if it was the same slot as last time too.

34 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Great stuff. Any idea which day?

Would guess Friday because they're playing in Bristol Thursday night but it's only a guess and there's obviously chance of a day or two gap in between.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think you are. By that token he would also know if it was the same slot as last time too.

Would guess Friday because they're playing in Bristol Thursday night but it's only a guess and there's obviously chance of a day or two gap in between.

Yeah true. Was just thinking that if he's not as interested in Glasto as us lot then all the non-Pyramid stages may be pretty indistinguishable from each other to him. But in reality he probably just doesn't know or doesn't wanna spill.

Prediction from acts on the poster (+Bonobo)

Fri:

Py: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Kaiser Chiefs, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson

Os: Major Lazer, Emeli Sandé, The Flaming Lips, George Ezra, Glass Animals, British Sea Power, The Courteeners (extended set like they did with Blondie + The Cribs in 2014 + 2015)

Wh: Run the Jewels, Dizzee Rascal, Songhoy Blues, Thundercat

JP: Goldfrapp, Future Islands, Halsey, Kano, Tove Lo

Pa: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, Girl Ray

Sat:

Py: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Kate Tempest

Os: Boy Better Know, Alt-J, London Grammar, Circa Waves, Wiley

Wh: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & The Maytals, BADBADNOTGOOD

JP: Bonobo, Father John Misty, Temples, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Nadia Rose, All We Are, The Lemon Twigs

Pa: Warpaint, Sleaford Mods, Joe Goddard, The Can Project, Sampha, The Moonlandingz

Sun:

Py: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, Rag'N'Bone Man

Os: The National, Haim, Phoenix, Wild Beasts, Declan McKenna

Wh: Justice, DJ Shadow, The Cinematic Orchestra, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals

JP: Metronomy, Moderat, Ride

Pa: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, Loyle Carner, Julia Jacklin

31 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Prediction from acts on the poster (+Bonobo)

Fri:

Py: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Kaiser Chiefs, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson

Os: Major Lazer, Emeli Sandé, The Flaming Lips, George Ezra, Glass Animals, British Sea Power, The Courteeners (extended set like they did with Blondie + The Cribs in 2014 + 2015)

Wh: Run the Jewels, Dizzee Rascal, Songhoy Blues, Thundercat

JP: Goldfrapp, Future Islands, Halsey, Kano, Tove Lo

Pa: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, Girl Ray

Sat:

Py: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Kate Tempest

Os: Boy Better Know, Alt-J, London Grammar, Circa Waves, Wiley

Wh: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & The Maytals, BADBADNOTGOOD

JP: Bonobo, Father John Misty, Temples, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Nadia Rose, All We Are, The Lemon Twigs

Pa: Warpaint, Sleaford Mods, Joe Goddard, The Can Project, Sampha, The Moonlandingz

Sun:

Py: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, Rag'N'Bone Man

Os: The National, Haim, Phoenix, Wild Beasts, Declan McKenna

Wh: Justice, DJ Shadow, The Cinematic Orchestra, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals

JP: Metronomy, Moderat, Ride

Pa: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, Loyle Carner, Julia Jacklin

I can't see Emelie Sande being anywhere bar the Pyramid myself

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

And @Divein thinks Justice are Saturday John Peel headliners but it read less than certain.

Ah man that's a shame if true, and also puts an even bigger question mark over who's headlining West Holts other than The Jacksons.

edit: never mind they've got the Sunday down on their Facebook.

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that was well timed. :lol:

I dunno what the deal is here. They don't sit right for me as a West Holts headliner because their music is pretty crunchy and riff-laden. Best case for me is something like Other Stage sub if they are on Sunday.

I reckon subbing Chic on Other - but I will be blown down in flames for that.

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ya know I can see The National/Justice both getting headline length sets on Other on Sunday, with the later closing things

That'd be ace, although with Katy P looking likely to be on the Pyramid at the same time I'd end up having to swerve Justice anyway which would suck.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

That'd be ace, although with Katy P looking likely to be on the Pyramid at the same time I'd end up having to swerve Justice anyway which would suck.

Surely Justice would be on last in that scenario? Meaning The National and Katy Perry would clash, which, odd as it sounds would be terrible for me and I assume you too.