Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Surely Justice would be on last in that scenario? Meaning The National and Katy Perry would clash, which, odd as it sounds would be terrible for me and I assume you too.

Yeah that's what Matt said in his post.

I guess it'd be good for me too (can catch Metronomy anywhere) but The National being so high on the poster when they're subbing the Other Stage doesn't add up - same with Justice being so low down.

Tagging him again but I need @Divein on the line because I was excited about Saturday night. I'd already notified my party that I'd be shirking the Foo Fighters!

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That'd be ace, although with Katy P looking likely to be on the Pyramid at the same time I'd end up having to swerve Justice anyway which would suck.

In that scenario mentioned wouldn't Justice clash with Ed and The National clashing with Perry. Unless I'm getting confused by the original statement. 

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Reminds me...

Declan McKenna wants chalking up on John Peel Friday according to word from @mjsell

Yup, according to the last I heard. 4/5pm. Don't hurt me if I'm wrong

(also down for somewhere Sunday by the sounds of it, but didn't quite catch that part of the conversation) 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah that's what Matt said in his post.

I guess it'd be good for me too but The National being so high on the poster when they're subbing the Other Stage doesn't add up - same with Justice being so low down.

Tagging him again but I need @Divein on the line because I was excited about Saturday night. I'd already notified my party that I'd be shirking the Foo Fighters!

Ah I missed that bit in Matt's post but I thought FloorFiller was meaning Justice would clash with Katy Perry. 

I've just received an email form Bandsintown about Justice announcing a new gig and 8PM doesn't seem to a generic time because all their other festival dates have specific times with Coachella saying 6PM and Bestival saying 12AM so it looks like they could be subbing the Other Stage which would make sense  

I've kinda made my peace with missing Justice now. It's looking increasingly likely whatever day they're on its either going to be up against Radiohead or The National. 

Only potential difference would be if The xx swap places with the National and are on Sunday, then I'd probably see Justice as I've got The xx in Glasgow in August. Seems like a long shot though.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cool...so either way it ain't gonna be Justice.

Unless they're a sub somewhere they're top of the bill at WH. 

What's their previous record of playing during daylight hours.  I think I might have seen them during the day in the Slam Tent at TITP many moons ago.

It looks like subbing Other or WHs

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've kinda made my peace with missing Justice now. It's looking increasingly likely whatever day they're on its either going to be up against Radiohead or The National. 

Only potential difference would be if The xx swap places with the National and are on Sunday, then I'd probably see Justice as I've got The xx in Glasgow in August. Seems like a long shot though.

Biffy Clyro headlining the Other Stage on Sunday night is still possible as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

I've just received an email form Bandsintown about Justice announcing a new gig and 8PM doesn't seem to a generic time because all their other festival dates have specific times with Coachella saying 6PM and Bestival saying 12AM so it looks like they could be subbing the Other Stage which would make sense  

They're not gonna be playing at 6pm at Coachella or 12am at Bestival (that seems more likely but they're confirmed subbing PSB) so it'll probably be a generic time.

Also, here's a winning revelation: they've got their day at Bestival as the 9th on Bandsintown/Facebook when they're confirmed by Rob Da Bank to be playing Sunday... the 10th! *pause for gasps"

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're not gonna be playing at 6pm at Coachella or 12am at Bestival (that seems more likely but they're confirmed subbing PSB) so it'll probably be a generic time.

Also, here's a winning revelation: they've got their day at Bestival as the 9th on Bandsintown/Facebook when they're confirmed by Rob Da Bank to be playing Sunday... the 10th! *pause for gasps"

I have made a grave error in judgement on this one. Probably still drunk from yesterday