Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

Last year someone (pretty sure @kingcrawler) had a thread keeping track of which days bands were ruled out for or had confirmed etc. which was pretty helpful until we got the running order/stage times confirmed. 

Anyway thought I'd get the ball rolling, but as we can't edit the OP anymore I created a google docs over here which anyone can edit, making it even more fun for us all! 

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Last year someone (pretty sure @kingcrawler) had a thread keeping track of which days bands were ruled out for or had confirmed etc. which was pretty helpful until we got the running order/stage times confirmed. 

Anyway thought I'd get the ball rolling, but as we can't edit the OP anymore I created a google docs over here which anyone can edit, making it even more fun for us all! 

It was indeed me, was going to do it today but I thought that's what FloorFiller's thread would become. Good idea with the google docs though.

Awesome. Here's a few I can recall: Halsey Friday (Hu/So Sat/Sun), First Aid Kit Fri/Sun (Piknik i Parken), Angel Olsen Fri/Sat (the wording on their self confirmation said she was were heading to Halfway Festival after Glastonbury).

Also I think the Can thing has to be Sat/Sun if Thurston is playing - or sure if his inclusion is definite though.

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Flips Friday/Sunday

Alt-J Saturday (I think)

Chic Friday

Major Lazer Friday/Sunday

Aren't Chic very much destined for Sunday?

just seen they are playing their own fold festival on sunday, my bad 

Edited by Mezhyp1

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

yeah i have just seen that, thats odd i didnt expect that 

on second thoughts I might have read Nile's website wrong, it appears all of their 2016 dates are still listed on there when I was interpreting it as dates for 2017, so they might in fact be free all weekend after all. ignore me

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

on second thoughts I might have read Nile's website wrong, it appears all of their 2016 dates are still listed on there when I was interpreting it as dates for 2017, so they might in fact be free all weekend after all. ignore me

If you go on the website for Fold Festival, it does have them on a poster as Saturday, Sunday and Monday 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If you go on the website for Fold Festival, it does have them on a poster as Saturday, Sunday and Monday 

I dont see a poster as saturday, sunday and monday, i only see last years on the website with information about next year coming soon. 

On Hurricane/Southside, I'm only gonna add acts that have actually confirmed on their website which days they're doing over there (like Halsey) as the festival themselves don't appear to have any info on that yet. 

I've added most of what's been posted so far. Can anyone remember why Alt-j are Saturday? 

Edited by MattDavies__

26 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

On Hurricane/Southside, I'm only gonna add acts that have actually confirmed on their website which days they're doing over there (like Halsey) as the festival themselves don't appear to have any info on that yet. 

I've added most of what's been posted so far. Can anyone remember why Alt-j are Saturday? 

Booking agency website - Primary Talent if you wanna look it up. The Other Stage connection is from Amy Lawn.

edit: technically I think Angel Olsen can still be Saturday if she plays Sunday at Halfway. Unless I've missed something confirming her for Saturday on the site, which is possible.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

So these exclusives are only real until another fest announces now basically.

I'm surprised festivals are legally allowed to claim exclusivity when it's not true. It's straight up false advertising in my eyes. I know we all know to take the claims with a pinch of salt, but I don't think we should have to.

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm surprised festivals are legally allowed to claim exclusivity when it's not true. It's straight up false advertising in my eyes. I know we all know to take the claims with a pinch of salt, but I don't think we should have to.

Yes, Biffy was the biggest shock and Katy, I expected the Scottish fest was Biffy's other date but there was always something about how Simon Neil said they weren't headlining Glasto but never ruled it out. Two fingers right up at Download.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Yes, Biffy was the biggest shock and Katy, I expected the Scottish fest was Biffy's other date but there was always something about how Simon Neil said they weren't headlining Glasto but never ruled it out. Two fingers right up at Download.

Serves Download right for booking a headliner who are on their second consecutive summer of playing festivals, after they didn't even headline R&L where they're a more suitable band. Awful booking from them and I have no sympathy. 

Katy Perry instead of Gaga is pretty disappointing, would be fun but I genuinely enjoyed Lady Gaga's big hits, Katy Perry would just be a laugh if there's nothing else on as I don't particularly like her songs.