Most / Least Popular headliner on this board

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

According to wikipedia level 42 headliner in 86, anyone catch them that year?

I was there. Gil Scott-Heron actually headlined that day, although wasn't billed as such. I remember the 80's as having some oddly random headliners. The first year I went was 1983 and the Pyramid headliners were Melanie (who by then was a has-been whose London show was cancelled due to poor ticket sales), UB40 and King Sunny Ade (whose songs absolutely no-one knew). Different times...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just to be controversial, I loved Kanye and wouldn't watch The Stones if they were in my back garden 

Ha ha. I can imagine you closing the curtains on the stones playing in your back garden.

as crazy as that would be

Kasabian and Mumfords are the ones I recall getting the most stick, Kanye wasn't a popular booking overall but I think on these boards people got behind the booking more because of the bloke with the petition..  People weren't unhappy about Gorillaz being booked at the time as it was short notice and Blur had done a cracking job of it the year before, but the reaction to the gig itself is probably the most decisively negative I've read (with Kanye coming second).

10 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Kasabian and Mumfords are the ones I recall getting the most stick, Kanye wasn't a popular booking overall but I think on these boards people got behind the booking more because of the bloke with the petition..  People weren't unhappy about Gorillaz being booked at the time as it was short notice and Blur had done a cracking job of it the year before, but the reaction to the gig itself is probably the most decisively negative I've read (with Kanye coming second).

I loved Mumford and sons, was excited about seeing them and enjoyed watching them, Sunday nights for me are about a good old sing song. 

Gorillaz I watched them as I was thinking they may do something special. but I suppose standing in last minute didn't give them a chance. I left after two songs.

I am indifferent to young Ed, would rather someone I liked play but it's not my festival just for me. if it was Peaches would be headlining 

59 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I remember back in 2008 when Jay Z was headlining, this forum was greeted by an influx of trolls. I remember it very well, one poster said that Reading was better because you could walk into the town center and get a Nandos.

To be fair there's also a Burger King. 

From Damon being in tears during the mass "Tender" singalong to him desperately imploring the crowd to join in with an anonymous Gorillaz album track must be one of the biggest falls in grace Glastonbury has ever seen? Blur were so good in 2009, you can forgive him the off-night a year later though...

I won't be watching Sheeran, but understand why he has been booked. Hoping that it's someone other than FF for the other headliner.

I have no positive thoughts towards Mumford and Sons, but would rather the festival took a chance and booked someone like them rather than the likes of Muse and Coldplay.

I was looking forward to Mumford & thought they were a great booking. I got down voted.

I'm really not that fussed about Radiohead but I will be buying their back catalogue to listen to.

Not bothered about a headliner recently? That would be Artic Monkeys

Most? Muse, Coldplay & Rolling Stones & maybe Kanye to see what he was going to pull out.

Edited by Bisque

Coldplay and muse last year were my most hated.

Then beyonce, as that booking proved that being overhyped and having an army of songwriters is all that it takes to headline. The fact it was the last act before a fallow year made it even more depressing. The organisers were seduced by the empty hollywood glitz and the glamour and it was sad to witness.

That booking was the death knell of an era and paved the way for the shite acts that followed like mumfords, ed sheeran and adele.

Edited by russycarps

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Then beyonce, as that booking proved that being overhyped and having an army of songwriters is all that it takes to headline. The fact it was the last act before a fallow year made it even more depressing. The organisers were seduced by the empty hollywood glitz and the glamour and it was sad to witness.

That booking was the death knell of an era and paved the way for the shite acts that followed like mumfords, ed sheeran and adele.

1is8u1.jpg.2177b1aae5ab16342182b82ad5b08fde.jpg

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You know who you're like? You're like the guy who screamed "Judas" at Bob Dylan when he started playing electric at Manchester Free Trade Hall in 1966. Exactly like him. Probably even worse.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Beyonce paved the way for Mumford and Sons and Ed Sheeran? Hmmm

13 hours ago, rubenz said:

The Who was probably the one in recent times that I had zero interest in watching live or on TV afterwards. 

I saw The Who but tend to forget that I have. They weren't bad but it seemed as though they couldn't be that arsed. Muse last year was a case of the same. 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Adele was good.