Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

17 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Are you generalising the people of eFestivals or Mr eFestivals (Neil)? Difficult to say how popular they are on this forum generally. All I know is, Neil has made some disparaging comments about the music of Grohl and Co. and now he has a ticket. He'll either be converted by 11pm tonight or his dislike will be reinforced. Can't wait to find out...

Haha, thanks but I'm not arsed if he's converted or not, I'd just like a confirm and day...which Dave will probably do on stream.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Haha, thanks but I'm not arsed if he's converted or not, I'd just like a confirm and day...which Dave will probably do on stream.

Yeah, me too. eFests has been a soap opera this week. It's brightened up an otherwise drab, grey and windy week and we're another 7 days closer. Next week has a lot to live up to

Having seen Foo Fighters a few times before, I've went from not bothering too much if they headline, to really looking forward to seeing them at Glastonbury. This week makes me think they view Glastonbury as a bit of a bigger deal than the other festivals they're doing. Nice to see.

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you're not the first to make a comment like that in this thread, and it'as given me an idea for the news-in-advance i'm currently writing. :)

(you'll have to look later, if it happens)

Very mysterious. Love it.

How about they are both announced tonight, with Eddie coming on as a special guest with the Foos?

8 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

My life isn't bad, but guaranteed Glastonbury tickets and Evis as your dad I wouldn't say no to ha! 

Yea, could you imagine all the perks that would come with that.

I wouldn't mind watching Glastonbury unfold from her perspective..just for one year.

All this drama has certainly made work alot more bearable today.

London Grammar announcing too, all in all a good week.

Edited by joeltg

It's been great entertainment and all, don't get me wrong, I've been gripped, and I even had plans to go down and try and crash it (seemingly no point now).

But does anyone else feel a twinge of irritation at it? It's an intimate, 'secret' gig, which will be billed and reported as being for only the closest fans, a reward for their dedication, etc. But in reality, it's an 800 capacity venue, if Emily Eavis has 200 guests coming, then there's various press/media, reporters who don't even like the band (don't blame Neil whatsoever for going mind, we all know we would in his situation), how many genuine FF fanatics are going to be there... seems a bit fake to me.

Or maybe it's me throwing my toys out of the pram at not being able to go... I dunno.

Edited by EamerRed