2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Just now, parsonjack said:

Yes....but if it simply refreshes every second whatever there's a chance it could miss a booking page that takes are one and a half seconds to load.

So the question then is it refreshing on a second by second schedule, or ONLY permitting that refresh when it's loaded the page and it knows nothing has change?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MadScientist said:

A week before ticket sales and break my phone and my laptop. Naturally I cried with stress for about an hour when the laptop broke. Frantically trying to get it repaired this week. Send me positive vibes :( 

Hey MS,

Sending positive vibes your way :D

If you don't manage to get your phone or laptop fixed i'll be happy to try for you on Tday, i've only got 4 in my group.

just send me your reg and postcode.

Good luck everyone!!!!

I've had an auto refresh app, cleverly called Auto Refresh, on my phone for a few years. While I can't be certain, I'm sure it runs in it's own app in the background so you can manually refresh the browser as well. Set it to refresh every few seconds with a page monitor and even if it refreshes the winning page before it realises you'll never know and no harm done.

11 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

So the question then is it refreshing on a second by second schedule, or ONLY permitting that refresh when it's loaded the page and it knows nothing has change?

Most of the ones I've looked at keep refreshing every second - until you switch it off.  You need to keep all pages visible, or else as Untz says maybe you get the page and then lose it, but at least you're none the wiser.  The issue then is, does the page load within the time that you've set it to? and if it's the page you want and it reloads again before you get to it - does the 'once you're in, you're in' rule kick in.  There's definitely been people who've seen the right page and pressed f5 once too many and lost it again.

There's also page checkers that look for changes on the page, and these can stop reloading once there's a change.  These seem a bit of a pain though - unless there's any suggestions about how I'm not using them right - they'll stop to inform you that you're no longer getting to any page, then they'll stop to inform you that you're on the holding page, and resetting it each time is lost f5ing time...

Just now, Chewie said:

Is it possible to by coach tickets from multiple departure locations in one booking?

Our group has people in Bristol, London and Birmingham all trying for coach tickets

Not at once, no. Once you get through the first thing you have to select is your departure point, then your day (and time if applicable), then you enter the regs.

So you'd have to get in three times for those. 

50 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Is it possible to by coach tickets from multiple departure locations in one booking?

Our group has people in Bristol, London and Birmingham all trying for coach tickets

I would presume going for London for the whole group would make sense in that situation? London is easily accessible from Birmingham and Bristol and they obviously have more coaches and if I remember rightly have time slots to pick from too?

1 minute ago, FestiZebra said:

I would presume going for London for the whole group would make sense in that situation? London is easily accessible from Birmingham and Bristol and they obviously have more coaches and if I remember rightly have time slots to pick from too?

Yeah I was going to suggest that, but I guess it all depends on what other commitments people have work wise etc. We had this situation for the 2015 fest, with people trying for Cambridge, Taunton and London. All got tickets that year, but we were limited in how much we could help each other. None of us got through twice. 

2 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

Or bristol - least amount of travel away from the festival beforehand...

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not at once, no. Once you get through the first thing you have to select is your departure point, then your day (and time if applicable), then you enter the regs.

So you'd have to get in three times for those. 

3 hours ago, FestiZebra said:

Is it possible to get a mixture of single and return journeys from the same location, or do all our group need to get the same journey and ticket?

3 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Is it possible to get a mixture of single and return journeys from the same location, or do all our group need to get the same journey and ticket?

Not in one transaction, I don't believe. I think you select location, then day/time, then single or return - and then enter details. 

Touching wood - we've always been ok. West sells out quite quickly. East ok. You don't buy the campervan tickets on the Sunday - that comes a bit later, a few weeks or so. Wouldn't leave it to think about though, would just grab them as soon as they come on sale. 

On 26/09/2016 at 11:22 PM, smudger said:

So.....if you get to the add registration page and press send only for it to hang, how long do you think we should to wait before hitting the back button?.. Last year I got that far and it hung and hung, when  I should have hit back, but I was worried that at that at moment i did I would have got to the next screen........

I guess this applies for all of the pages once you get to the add registration page.

any thoughts?

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-2017-ios-apple-ticket-page-app-could-invalidate-ticket-sales-festival-goers-warned/story-29759560-detail/story.html

What do people think about this? I think it would be difficult for seetickets to determine if this app was used as it is basically just a browser which refreshes (Much like using a regular browser and manual refreshing, just quicker)

Only thing I can see them doing to prevent it would be to have a copy of the text from the holding page on the booking page, that way there are no words for it to search for as "missing" on the booking page.

28 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

^ The app is just a browser refresher at heart isn't it?  No different to any laptop browser plug in.

Thats what I took it to be.

Someone clearly hoping a load of people pay £1.50 for something they can already have for nothing on their laptop web browser :P