2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

OK, I'm a bit of a novice for T-Day (bagged them in the resale last year) so have a couple of questions hope you can help me with!

1.) Can you do the deposit scheme with the coach package?

2.) Is there anyway to link registrations for buying tickets? And if so, say I get through with my 2 friends registrations, do I have to pay their deposits as well or will it come off their card?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

OK, I'm a bit of a novice for T-Day (bagged them in the resale last year) so have a couple of questions hope you can help me with!

1.) Can you do the deposit scheme with the coach package?

2.) Is there anyway to link registrations for buying tickets? And if so, say I get through with my 2 friends registrations, do I have to pay their deposits as well or will it come off their card?

1 - yes, you need to pay the deposit and the full cost of the coach.

2 - you can buy 6 tickets for 6 registrations at once using 1 card. It doesn't matter who's card it is

note- you can't select multiple departure points you have to all leave from 1 place. 

My old laptop is running really slowly - tbh it is knackered and never been updated (it's still on XP) - it has worked for the 2 years so I am giving it another go. I have another too - but I don't like clogging up the net on T-DAY (I appreciate I am probably talking out of my arse and it would be better to have the other laptop, but this has worked in the past!)

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

well I dunno if it's super or not. I presume all work computers are top notch no?

But as mungo says, is it worth risking upsetting the cosmic equilibrium by breaking the routine??

Don't do it. I always listen to Bowie on ticket day, because I always listen to Bowie on ticket day. No way I'm changing that now after getting tickets for so many years in a row.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My old laptop is running really slowly - tbh it is knackered and never been updated (it's still on XP) - it has worked for the 2 years so I am giving it another go. I have another too - but I don't like clogging up the net on T-DAY (I appreciate I am probably talking out of my arse and it would be better to have the other laptop, but this has worked in the past!)

I'd have both running - once one gets to the 'reloading in 20 secs' page you can start f5ing on the other.  Make sure both are switched on way before the start-time so they've finished updating anything and you've closed down all programs except the essentials - shouldn't burden the network then.

36 minutes ago, musky said:

They've worked in the past, but using them wasn't any guarantee that you'd get straight through - that was just down to luck. 

Last year however a lot of people reported that they reached the reg page but on proceeding found themselves back on the holding page. So instead of a marginal advantage they found themselves back to square one with the possibility that they'd just used up their luck in finding an open slot.

So it's seemingly another little loophole in the booking process that's been closed by seetickets. 

Thanks for clearing that one up mate.

Won't be one of the sheep fishing on here this year for a backdoor link then :P

43 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Don't do it. I always listen to Bowie on ticket day, because I always listen to Bowie on ticket day. No way I'm changing that now after getting tickets for so many years in a row.

It's true. The only times I've not been hungover on ticket day is when I haven't got tickets.

Out clubbing til 6am the night before it is for me then.

Edited by Untz

1 hour ago, Untz said:

It's true. The only times I've not been hungover on ticket day is when I haven't got tickets.

Out clubbing til 6am the night before it is for me then.

Quite the opposite for me. Always got a tickets when sober - failed when I did an all nighter.

True story about this year - I was supposed to be going on a first date with someone on Saturday. She cancelled yesterday and wanted to do a week on Saturday instead.... NO CHANCE! I told her why. She hasn't replied to rearrange.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Quite the opposite for me. Always got a tickets when sober - failed when I did an all nighter.

True story about this year - I was supposed to be going on a first date with someone on Saturday. She cancelled yesterday and wanted to do a week on Saturday instead.... NO CHANCE! I told her why. She hasn't replied to rearrange.

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

She's not for you mate. 

Totally. Frankly, I'd be surprised if she ever finds anyone. Certainly not someone with the class and integrity of an eFester.

50 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

plenty more fish in the sea mate :P either that or you need to train her to love Glastonbury as much as you and us lot do!

Hi! Quick question...

I'm organising our groups of 6. Some people last went in 2014, some earlier, some 2015. When was the cutoff point where you needed to have a new registration? As they've all sent me the numbers but I'm not sure if they're valid. And they're not getting back in touch with me regards checking themselves!

If I got through to the page where you put the details in, and one of the 5 had an old Reg, would it bump me back off or just continue with the valid 5? Thank you

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hi! Quick question...

I'm organising our groups of 6. Some people last went in 2014, some earlier, some 2015. When was the cutoff point where you needed to have a new registration? As they've all sent me the numbers but I'm not sure if they're valid. And they're not getting back in touch with me regards checking themselves!

If I got through to the page where you put the details in, and one of the 5 had an old Reg, would it bump me back off or just continue with the valid 5? Thank you

The cut off for registrations is on Monday.

if you get through and one is invalid then it wont proceed with the valid 5

1 minute ago, aastairmoore said:

hi guys

i would like to know if there is a contact number to call (does anyone have this ?) or is the only way of getting the tickets by going online?

if so has anyone had good success with this etc?

online only im afraid.

Persistence and preparation are key.

23 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how much car parking is this year? Think I saw somewhere they are going up in price?

Would influence my decision on whether to try for the coach sale or not.

£45 I remember reading.

edit: yep - just checked the website. It's buried within the ticket info page. 

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#CPCCTIX

Edited by mungo57

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry pal I explained my query terribly. Will their reg numbers from 2014 still be valid? Or would they have needed to do new ones?

2014 registrations should be good. According to the FAQ, only registrations from before 2010 have been deleted.  http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2017-ticket-sale-faq/

It used to be possible to check registrations on the site using the registration number and postal code, but I don't see that option anymore. You can look up registrations linked to an email address here: https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

3 hours ago, p.pete said:

I'd have both running - once one gets to the 'reloading in 20 secs' page you can start f5ing on the other.  Make sure both are switched on way before the start-time so they've finished updating anything and you've closed down all programs except the essentials - shouldn't burden the network then.

I have always had about six laptops running and got tickets. When I had one. No luck in 2013