2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Really random question and probably completely not important, but when entering registration details for on the ticket buying page does the postcode entry box allow/require spaces or not? Just putting together our group splits document and want to be able to just copy and paste all info.

That is probably one of the nerdiest questions I've ever asked.

Edited by mjsell

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Really random question and probably completely not important, but when entering registration details for on the ticket buying page does the postcode entry box allow/require spaces or not? Just putting together our group splits document and want to be able to just copy and paste all info.

I would like to know the answer to this - can never remember. I feel like it works both ways? Or maybe just err on the side of exactly what your registration says? 

23 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Either way is fine.

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

We have 7 in our group next year... how do we do this?!

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

4 and 3 or each person has a different group with a different person missing. Could lead to other issues but could mean one misses out instead of 4. 

I had that one year with 9 (when you could get 8 tickets) and it worked and we got tickets for everyone in the end. 

Yeah we got our tickets in 2015 as a 7. We did the unique groups of 6 with 1 person missing from each technique - the key is to be in good contact with each other and to all know the set up well, so that when someone does get through everyone else knows the one person that still needs one so all go for him/her.

53 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

4 and 3 or each person has a different group with a different person missing. Could lead to other issues but could mean one misses out instead of 4. 

I had that one year with 9 (when you could get 8 tickets) and it worked and we got tickets for everyone in the end. 

38 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah we got our tickets in 2015 as a 7. We did the unique groups of 6 with 1 person missing from each technique - the key is to be in good contact with each other and to all know the set up well, so that when someone does get through everyone else knows the one person that still needs one so all go for him/her.

I'd be absolutely gutted if I missed out, plus if 1 other missed out, I'd be gutted for them. At least if a few miss out, it makes it ever so slightly more bearable.

I've tried a couple of times and missed out previously, this year the Mrs & I are going to be sat with about 6 different devices in the same house, does this create any problems? If we get through on one of them do we stop trying with the others, read on here something about 2 of the same details blocking each other out? Literally ANY advice on getting tickets would be massively appreciated!!

22 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

I've tried a couple of times and missed out previously, this year the Mrs & I are going to be sat with about 6 different devices in the same house, does this create any problems? If we get through on one of them do we stop trying with the others, read on here something about 2 of the same details blocking each other out? Literally ANY advice on getting tickets would be massively appreciated!!

F5 your backsides off - and cross your fingers.

*Last year I got them within a minute.

*Year before after 5 mins

*Year before my mate got them for us

*Year before I missed out 

No changing of technique. Its all about luck

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

I've checked my lists from the last few years that I've used to copy and paste and I've always put the post code in without a space

26 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

F5 your backsides off - and cross your fingers.

*Last year I got them within a minute.

*Year before after 5 mins

*Year before my mate got them for us

*Year before I missed out 

No changing of technique. Its all about luck

Time to get the retro console out and get practicing my 'finger blasting' technique on track and field before the big day(s)!

10 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

could do more harm than good, auto refreshers can look like DOS attack and get your IP blacklisted....

15 minutes ago, smudger said:

Only if they're refreshing faster than humanly possible.

I tried this last year though.... and it just crashed.

If it isn't faster than a human then what's the point? I'm faster than these robot people even those daft punkers 

34 minutes ago, morph100 said:

could do more harm than good, auto refreshers can look like DOS attack and get your IP blacklisted....

....and anything that simply refreshes every second without waiting for the page to load runs the risk of missing a booking page.  Yes, it will stop once a booking page loads, but if the booking page takes say 2 seconds to load you could miss it if the thing refreshes every 1 second....I think.

Still prefer the manual approach so that I only F5 once I'm certain the booking page hasn't loaded.