2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

31 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I'm bored so worked out that last year during the sale tickets were being sold at a rate of 3950 a minute. Something to think about...

*edit* also 2015 tickets sold at a rate of 4800 per minute and 2014 at a rate of around 1379 per minute

Ahh that makes me feel a bit sick! 

I've been trying to imagine myself back in the Lionel Richie crowd, thinking "I only need 5 tickets, out of all these people, I can do this." It's not really helping tbh. haha

Edited by DropBeat

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Ahh that makes me feel a bit sick! 

I've been trying to imagine myself back in the Lionel Richie crowd, thinking "I only need 5 tickets, out of all these people, I can do this." It's not really helping tbh. haha

See the problem with that is that all those people in the Lionel Richie crowd don't even make up the full capacity of the festival, let alone the amount of people trying for tickets, which legend has it could be five or six times the amount of people who actually get them....

Just saying. 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

See the problem with that is that all those people in the Lionel Richie crowd don't even make up the full capacity of the festival, let alone the amount of people trying for tickets, which legend has it could be five or six times the amount of people who actually get them....

Just saying. 

Haha yeah my optimism crashes when I remember that.

12 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Haha yeah my optimism crashes when I remember that.

You're welcome! :D

I'm pretty much resigned to not getting them at this stage, so will be pleasantly surprised and quite overwhelmed if I do. My track record of actually getting the tickets myself has been patchy and there's not many of us trying at all now compared to days of old - and the ones that are are going for different locations in the coach sale first.

2008 - Bought my ticket a few months before the event.
2009 - Got my own ticket by the looks of it, but just my own - was this sale still fairly easy?
2010 - My friend got me a ticket while I was on holiday (remember getting that text with excitement); I got another friend a ticket during the resale.
2011 - My friend got the tickets.
2013 - Managed to bag 7 of the fuckers myself! That must have been my peak.
2014 - Got my friend a ticket in the coach sale but (very foolishly) decided to wait until the main sale. Was unsuccessful. Kicked self for a year. Eventually got my ticket in the resale. 
2015 - Got coach tickets in the October sale.
2016 - Failed abysmally in coach and main sale. After much deliberating, did not try the resale. 
2017....?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

You're welcome! :D

I'm pretty much resigned to not getting them at this stage, so will be pleasantly surprised and quite overwhelmed if I do. My track record of actually getting the tickets myself has been patchy and there's not many of us trying at all now compared to days of old - and the ones that are are going for different locations in the coach sale first.

2008 - Bought my ticket a few months before the event.
2009 - Got my own ticket by the looks of it, but just my own - was this sale still fairly easy?
2010 - My friend got me a ticket while I was on holiday (remember getting that text with excitement); I got another friend a ticket during the resale.
2011 - My friend got the tickets.
2013 - Managed to bag 7 of the fuckers myself! That must have been my peak.
2014 - Got my friend a ticket in the coach sale but (very foolishly) decided to wait until the main sale. Was unsuccessful. Kicked self for a year. Eventually got my ticket in the resale. 
2015 - Got coach tickets in the October sale.
2016 - Failed abysmally in coach and main sale. After much deliberating, did not try the resale. 
2017....?

So what's that - a strike rate of 4/8 times personally successful in the main sale.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Although to be honest I'm not sure whether to count 2008 and 2009. Different ballgame back then. Anyone remember the 2009 sale?

First year I went, can't remember if I got my ticket that year or if brother in law got it.

2016 was the first year I actually got my own ticket.  I did get through in 2015 but our entire group had already been sorted by the time I submitted.

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The scary thing is they could sell tickets a lot quicker than 25-30 minutes, the sale time has gradually come down to about this length and they seem to have set it around the half an hour mark. They could in theory decide they want it over in about 5 minutes, imagine that :(

Possibly not though, the booking page can only handle so many transactions at a time... It could still sell out in the same sort of time frame but with a lower possibility of getting on the booking page

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Although to be honest I'm not sure whether to count 2008 and 2009. Different ballgame back then. Anyone remember the 2009 sale?

it didn't sell out on the day in 2009.  i was away for the weekend and managed to get one when i got home.  i don't know exactly how log it took to sell out though.

1 hour ago, merago said:

I am bricking it already.  Not at all confident going in to T-Day this time for some reason.  

This'll be my 3rd time trying, current score is 1 success 1 failure.

My current score is 0/5. Luckily I have friends who have a much better record!

The way I see it, using the law of averages, I'm due to get tickets. All about the PMA! 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

it didn't sell out on the day in 2009.  i was away for the weekend and managed to get one when i got home.  i don't know exactly how log it took to sell out though.

Cheers! That would explain why it looks like I just got a deposit for myself, rather than for my whole group. Was probably on it early doors but no need to have multiple attempts for the same reg numbers. That was the first year of the deposit wasn't it?

This is only my third time trying and I've been the lucky one both times. I'm sure my luck is up this time.

I'm really keen to try in the coach sale. But the rest of the group aren't so sure. I'm trying to decide whether to try for myself in the coach sale and if I'm lucky in that sale obviously help them out in the main one. I'll keep trying to convince them.

How long do the coaches normally take to sell out, 5 mins?

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My mam used to go every year around that time, she gave up trying to get tickets between 2010-2013 because it became too difficult and now she just curses the system every year

Just now, DropBeat said:

This is only my third time trying and I've been the lucky one both times. I'm sure my luck is up this time.

I'm really keen to try in the coach sale. But the rest of the group aren't so sure. I'm trying to decide whether to try for myself in the coach sale and if I'm lucky in that sale obviously help them out in the main one. I'll keep trying to convince them.

Mate, take my advice and try the coach sale. I shouldn't say this as I don't want too many trying but I absolutely kicked myself for six months in 2014 after passing up my opportunity for a coach ticket (particularly as, stated  above, I got a coach ticket for a friend instead) when unsuccessful on the Sunday. Generally I find the Sunday sale much, much harder. Coaches take between 10 and 20 minutes usually, don't they? It's a slightly slower sale admin-wise because of having to select your departure points but there are far less people trying and less tickets sold. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

What was it about 2009 that it didn't sell so quick. Or has it only got crazy since then?

It almost didn't sell out in 2008. I'm not sure what changed in 2009 really but it's been more difficult every year since then, from my perspective. 2008 was my first year. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mate, take my advice and try the coach sale. I shouldn't say this as I don't want too many trying but I absolutely kicked myself for six months in 2014 after passing up my opportunity for a coach ticket (particularly as, stated  above, I got a coach ticket for a friend instead) when unsuccessful on the Sunday. Generally I find the Sunday sale much, much harder. Coaches take between 10 and 20 minutes usually, don't they? It's a slightly slower sale admin-wise because of having to select your departure points but there are far less people trying and less tickets sold. 

Thanks really appreciate the insight. :)

Stop praising the coach sale, selfishly I want my tickets first. I'm hoping the keep the tickets selling for the average 20 minutes as usual on the Sunday. Coach sale usually takes longer because of the extra steps within the process.

If you're card gets rejected (as mine did in the resale for it being a 'odd' transaction. So odd that I've brought tickets the same time every year.. anyhows!) make sure you clear your cookies / cache. I made the mistake of not doing that last year and it saying it had rejected any card I put in after.

22 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Nah, usually longer than that and in line with the general sale. Don't give up hope until you see the confirmation on twitter they have sold out.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah going back to what I said about the rate per minute, in 2015 coach tix were going at a rate of around 1071 per minute compared to 4800 per minute in the Sunday main sale... Perhaps it is the selection process making them sell out at a slower rate though, who knows?