2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

On 20 September 2016 at 4:52 PM, mufcok said:

I read it as having two completely separate Glastonbury registrations, then having one of the reg numbers in one group and one of the reg numbers in another group. Guess in theory that could work, would need different postcodes though

I have 2 registrations with the same email address and postcode. Only because I have just re registered with an updated photo and need to cancel the earlier one. It would definitely work for the poster, but it would take one ticket from the general sale meaning one more person has to try in the resale. (If both groups got through for him). 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I have 2 registrations with the same email address and postcode. Only because I have just re registered with an updated photo and need to cancel the earlier one. It would definitely work for the poster, but it would take one ticket from the general sale meaning one more person has to try in the resale. (If both groups got through for him). 

I'd hazard a guess that two tickets bought from separate reg numbers with the same name and similar photo wouldn't be looked at too fondly by the powers that be and may invalidate both tickets if they carried out any rudimentary checks on duplicates. That's without checking the T&Cs mind.

If one was to change their address for the other registration then it might be harder for them to check up on it but if they did and the photos were similar they might do the same thing.

Obviously, it's morally wrong. And I'd also be bricking it in case they found out.

25 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Tried to avoid thinking about this too much but it is quickly approaching, already nervous.

Have we started sharing codes yet or is it a bit early?

I've said to myself I'll do it on the 1st of October, I've started stressing over it a few times already and then decided in my head it's too early and that I should just put it out of my mind, in a bid to stave off said stress for a little bit longer. The 1st is plenty of time to sort things out but at the same time not too long to have the sleepless nights and cold sweats running it all through my head day and night!

We'll be trying from home with me manning the laptop downstairs and my other half with our mobiles hanging out our bedroom window trying to get signal. 

I'm not feeling very confident at all this time. It's that dread of knowing if we don't get through it's a long wait til October 2018 :(

On 9/20/2016 at 10:59 PM, Waapster said:

Quick question.I'm 99.9% sure I know the answer to this* but thought I'd sense check it.

My daughter has moved house since last year.Hasn't updated reg details or postcode. I'm reluctant to change anything this close to T-day. As I pay her balance I assume I can leave all as is and the ticket will be sent to me with my own one.

Can you see anything that could go wrong with this? 

Thanks

* Or 0.1% less sure than Douglas Carswell was today about how the tides work...

That's totally fine.  Probably easier if they all get sent to you anyway.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Just had the reminder email....

Shit is getting real

Got mine last night. Had my original registration (from 2007?) and the one I registered last year.

The panic over whether to update my old one, which I have bought tickets with before, or to use the new one which has so far failed distracted me from the horrible aging between the two photos.

24 minutes ago, wwinstanley said:

I haven't had a reminder email, should I be worried?

I'm assuming this email is from Glastonbury festival itself?

I've only got the email for a couple of the registrations I've used my emails for, some haven't arrived yet 

You aren't missing much, It says:

Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Subject: GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2017
To: me

GLASTONBURY 2017 WILL TAKE PLACE FROM 23RD-25TH JUNE, 2017.

TICKETS ON SALE 6PM 06/10 AND 9AM 09/10

- COACH + TICKET PACKAGES on sale 6pm (BST) Thursday 6th October online at glastonbury.seetickets.com

- GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS on sale 9am (BST) Sunday 9th October online at glastonbury.seetickets.com

In order to book a ticket or a coach + ticket package you will need your registration details and the registration details of anyone else for whom you are booking a ticket.

To maintain the quality of registration photos on Glastonbury Festival tickets, and to uphold the security of the Festival ticketing system, we ask that you review the registration details that you currently have saved with us. After all, we are all looking a bit different now to how we looked in 2007, when the ticket registration system was first introduced, and photo technology has improved significantly in that time.  

DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN NOW EDIT YOUR REGISTRATION PHOTOGRAPH, AS WELL AS YOUR ADDRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS?

If your registration is more than a couple of years old, or your appearance has changed significantly since you took the photo(s) shown below, we would strongly recommend you update your registration details and photograph, in order to avoid issues on arrival at the Festival gates, where checks will be carried out. 

Editing your details via the link below will allow you to keep your existing registration number. The photograph you use for your registration should be a good and true likeness, and of passport standard. Please make sure you do this well in advance of trying to book tickets as it is not possible to change your registered photo once you have booked a ticket. Please also make sure your address and contact details are up to date. We'd recommend using a personal email address rather than a school, uni or work email address. 

As at 14:37 12/09/2016 the following registration details were associated with your email address (please note any changes to your registration details since this time will not be reflected below):

Name:

Registration Number:

Postcode:

Photo:

You can view the full details associated with your registration(s) here.

If you have multiple registrations which you no longer require, please delete any unwanted registrations here.

Please note: the details you enter when making a booking must exactly match the details held on the registration database, in order for your transaction to be processed. If you have recently made amendments to your registration details, please ensure you use your updated details when booking tickets. The details above were correct as at 14:37 12/09/2016.

We recommend completing any changes to your registration by Friday 30th September, to allow time to re-submit your registration if you need to. Registration will close at 12 noon on Monday 3rd October, after which there will be no opportunity to submit/re-submit a registration until after both ticket sales.

If you're happy your photo is still a good likeness and all of your registration details are up to date, then you don't need to do anything further. Your registration remains valid.

For more information about booking tickets, head to the Festival website

Glastonbury Festival
Love the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE
Follow us on Twitter! / Instagram / Facebook / Snapchat

You received this email because you are registered to buy tickets for Glastonbury Festival. Data collected during registration is retained by Glastonbury Festival to enable you to book tickets for future Glastonbury Festivals. If you wish to opt-out of these emails, you will need to delete your registration (which will mean your registration is no longer eligible to buy Glastonbury Festival tickets). To do so, please visit glastonburyseetickets.com/registration/Edit. Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've now lost count of how many times I've checked my registration is valid.  I know I've done it, I know it's fine, I've had the email, but my brain still won't shut up.

We do all know that none of this is normal, right?

glad i am not alone

10 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I'm bored so worked out that last year during the sale tickets were being sold at a rate of 3950 a minute. Something to think about...

*edit* also 2015 tickets sold at a rate of 4800 per minute and 2014 at a rate of around 1379 per minute

That makes me feel ill.

I'd rather hear about Woffy's bowels, they seem to go at a similar rate.