2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it the worst case is that I get a later arrival on site than I'd like and an early doors or really late departure on Monday morning.  Yes it's a bit of a ballache to get to the London departure point, but no more than getting the train all the way to Castle Cary or sitting in traffic on the A303 yet again!

I've gone from initial uncertainty to seeing it as a no-brainer.  

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

09 was the first year of Oct deposit. But they only did a percentage like that and i think they Sold in a week or two - and balance was paid in Feb. Dunno how long April tickets took to sell. 

2010 deposit in Oct was all tickets and the Start of the madness we know today. 

Yeah, I was looking through old emails and I found one from a friend saying there was a second chance to get tickets in April. No memory of that.

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

Just want to point out that going in by coach last year was horrific and the coach was almost empty by the time we got there as people left on the verge of tears. And we went from Bath.

This year was a bit of a freak occurrence, though, wasn't it? Was going by car that much better?

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This year was a bit of a freak occurrence, though, wasn't it? Was going by car that much better?

Absolutely not. Granted we were in a minibus, not a car, but it's all the same. Normally in camp and set up by about 11am... this year it was 18:30.

There were 13 of us and we decided that half the group should walk the last 5 miles with bags and tents to set up camp so we don't lose our normal spot and the rest should stay on the bus with the rest of the stuff. Being the trooper I am I opted to stay on the bus drinking alcohol whilst they walked on. They were walking for about 3 hours when for some reason the traffic seemed to clear. Turned up about 5 minutes after them slightly tipsy :lol:

Edited by DareToDibble

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

it didn't sell out on the day in 2009.  i was away for the weekend and managed to get one when i got home.  i don't know exactly how log it took to sell out though.

It sold out some time in January or February if I remember correctly. I bought a friend a ticket just after Christmas.

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Just want to point out that going in by coach last year was horrific and the coach was almost empty by the time we got there as people left on the verge of tears. And we went from Bath.

Ha, I was on one of those coaches!  It's the reason I'm going in the main sale this year, at least I'd have choices in my own car.

It was the way people would get out, then the coach would move half a mile, then they'd get back on again.  Not sure what happened when we got moving as we had about a dozen that got left behind about 2 miles from the site, their stuff must have been piled up somewhere in the coach park!

21 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Can you buy the coach and ticket packages and not go on the coach . Are the tickets just sent to u same as general sale . 

Your festy ticket will be given to you when you are on the coach, so no is the answer to your question.

Edited by Cooter

16 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

Ha, I was on one of those coaches!  It's the reason I'm going in the main sale this year, at least I'd have choices in my own car.

It was the way people would get out, then the coach would move half a mile, then they'd get back on again.  Not sure what happened when we got moving as we had about a dozen that got left behind about 2 miles from the site, their stuff must have been piled up somewhere in the coach park!

Was that all due to the massive traffic jams on the wed 

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You're welcome! :D

I'm pretty much resigned to not getting them at this stage, so will be pleasantly surprised and quite overwhelmed if I do. My track record of actually getting the tickets myself has been patchy and there's not many of us trying at all now compared to days of old - and the ones that are are going for different locations in the coach sale first.

2008 - Bought my ticket a few months before the event.
2009 - Got my own ticket by the looks of it, but just my own - was this sale still fairly easy?
2010 - My friend got me a ticket while I was on holiday (remember getting that text with excitement); I got another friend a ticket during the resale.
2011 - My friend got the tickets.
2013 - Managed to bag 7 of the fuckers myself! That must have been my peak.
2014 - Got my friend a ticket in the coach sale but (very foolishly) decided to wait until the main sale. Was unsuccessful. Kicked self for a year. Eventually got my ticket in the resale. 
2015 - Got coach tickets in the October sale.
2016 - Failed abysmally in coach and main sale. After much deliberating, did not try the resale. 
2017....?

Interesting, thought would do mine too, looks like I have managed to get tickets 6 times, friends got them 3 times and I have won tickets once!

2005 - Went into work, ready for a long battle, was home by 9.30 having secured 4 tickets.

2007 - See website was accessible from 8am, 4 tickets bought whilst most people were sleeping - wish that would happen again!  

2008 - An easy year, 2 tickets purchases by 9.15am

2009 - My personal best, managed 7 tickets in the main sale

2010 - Got 4 tickets in the main sale.

2011 - Vloody Cloody MSN group, fellow member got our 4 tickets.

2013 - Friends got our tickets in the main sale.

2014 - Got 2 friends tickets in the coach sale and friends got our tickets in the main sale.

2015 - Managed 5 tickets in the closing minutes of the main October sale.

2016 - Failed in main sale, resale and not so secret resales. Won 2 tickets via eFestival in May!!

2017 - ? 

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I am tempted by coach, last year my friends who went by coach got their tickets easier. There was also a POLL (well done who ever it was )  asking when people would be getting their tickets, mostly on the Sunday. 

I am, very tempted

It's always easy when you actually get the tickets.

It's worth bearing in mind that there are only 15,000 coach tickets available, with 8 times as many in the main sale. When you consider that most of those 15,000 tickets are going to be a non-starter for most people due to location, the actual pool of useful coach tickets is far smaller still.

3 hours ago, MadScientist said:

Yeah going back to what I said about the rate per minute, in 2015 coach tix were going at a rate of around 1071 per minute compared to 4800 per minute in the Sunday main sale... Perhaps it is the selection process making them sell out at a slower rate though, who knows?

It's a choice they've made. I think it was 2014 that the main sale became considerably quicker, and Emily tweeted afterwards asking for feedback. I'd imagine the upshot of that feedback was that people liked the quicker sale, as they've been around the 25 minute mark ever since.

They could sell them faster or sell them slower if they wanted, but it seems they're happy with that sort of time for both the coach and main sales. Curiously the resale took longer this year, and I've a vague recollection that previous ones have too (although not by as much).

8 minutes ago, musky said:

It's a choice they've made. I think it was 2014 that the main sale became considerably quicker, and Emily tweeted afterwards asking for feedback. I'd imagine the upshot of that feedback was that people liked the quicker sale, as they've been around the 25 minute mark ever since.

They could sell them faster or sell them slower if they wanted, but it seems they're happy with that sort of time for both the coach and main sales. Curiously the resale took longer this year, and I've a vague recollection that previous ones have too (although not by as much).

2014 it took 1hr 27 min and then 2015 it took 25 min. 

I like the sale being quick, you don't spend an hour for nothing if you don't get tix that way

30 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

2014 it took 1hr 27 min and then 2015 it took 25 min. 

I like the sale being quick, you don't spend an hour for nothing if you don't get tix that way

That's the one. :)

Quite honestly I'd prefer a longer sale again. I don't mind an hour and a half hammering away on the keyboard, but I know that those that aren't committed to getting tickets are far more likely to give up!

1 hour ago, musky said:

That's the one. :)

Quite honestly I'd prefer a longer sale again. I don't mind an hour and a half hammering away on the keyboard, but I know that those that aren't committed to getting tickets are far more likely to give up!

Do you mean like as time goes on like less people will try so it'll be easier? Cos I mean I reckon that would happen a bit but not by that much to make a massive difference in your odds cos i think a lot of people are desperate for tix really

21 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Do you mean like as time goes on like less people will try so it'll be easier? Cos I mean I reckon that would happen a bit but not by that much to make a massive difference in your odds cos i think a lot of people are desperate for tix really

Yeah, that's the idea. Whenever I've asked others if they could try for me in the past they've usually sacked it off after about 15-20 minutes. :lol:

Thinking I'm going to get a ticket for Explosions In The Sky at the Liverpool Phil, the evening of the Sunday. They played this year's festival, so I think it would be a strong totem. I'm also going to do some druid shit before the sale, best not to keep all my eggs in one basket.

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Thinking I'm going to get a ticket for Explosions In The Sky at the Liverpool Phil, the evening of the Sunday. They played this year's festival, so I think it would be a strong totem. I'm also going to do some druid shit before the sale, best not to keep all my eggs in one basket.

Yes that Druid shit worked for me for the last three years.

My Druid shit worksheet is available for download. Only £39.99.

PM for further details.

4 hours ago, musky said:

Yeah, that's the idea. Whenever I've asked others if they could try for me in the past they've usually sacked it off after about 15-20 minutes. :lol:

I firmly believe that there is a sweet spot that emerges around the 15-20 minute mark as people start to give up.  It's definitely the point to remain focused.