2017 Wish Lists

Winslow Leach

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been much better in recent years. I mean, would you seriously have expected a Bradford Cox organised ATP event to go well? Because it was so smooth. Aside from them cancelling their European tour (between Monomania and Fading Frontier, right?) and the infamous My Cherona incident, has there been anything that bad since pretty much Halcyon Digest?

I've never left a Deerhunter gig disappointed, and I've been to... 7? I think. They'd be a great, great booking. Brad loves connecting with a crowd -- whether that be good or bad -- and I think Glastonbury would be great for them. They haven't done any UK festivals in a long time though, which does strike me as odd. Maybe they know their slots wouldn't be that prominent, and they'd rather play their own gigs to dedicated crowdsurf-y types.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

opening for Kings of Leon during their American leg of this tour in January, for some reason

Really? God, that just seems...odd. 

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Brad's pretty erratic. You don't have to look far to see a catalogue of onstage meltdowns. Could totally see why festivals might give 'em a sidestep.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

They've been much better in recent years. I mean, would you seriously have expected a Bradford Cox organised ATP event to go well? Because it was so smooth. Aside from them cancelling their European tour (between Monomania and Fading Frontier, right?) and the infamous My Cherona incident, has there been anything that bad since pretty much Halcyon Digest?

I've never left a Deerhunter gig disappointed, and I've been to... 7? I think. They'd be a great, great booking. Brad loves connecting with a crowd -- whether that be good or bad -- and I think Glastonbury would be great for them. They haven't done any UK festivals in a long time though, which does strike me as odd. Maybe they know their slots wouldn't be that prominent, and they'd rather play their own gigs to dedicated crowdsurf-y types.

Not really 'followed' them other than to listen to the albums and I've never seen them live. 

Will google the meltdown stories...

Thanks all. 

Listening on vinyl to my AOTY for 2014, Adult Jazz's Gist Is, I am just praying that they play the festival next year. They are SO. GOOD.

Have only seen them once, at Green Man in 2014 when they were utterly brilliant. Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want, Eavii.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

On 29/10/2016 at 8:19 AM, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I'd add Camel to my wanted list. Think they would be great on West Holts, nice bit of prog rock with a couple of ciders.

Yes a festival the size of G could always make room for a bit of prog.

Speaking of which, Marilion are on good form atm and would go down well on the Avalon Stage.

I'd also love to see Steven Wilson or a reformed Porcupine Tree there. One can dream. 

12 hours ago, Keithy said:

Would love to see M.I.A. back at Glastonbury.

Co-sign on this.

Kaytranada/Blood Orange/Lupe Fiasco/Massive Attack/Portishead/Faithless all way up on my list of acts I'm yet to see live, be delighted if even a couple of them made an appearance and all of them are realistic(ish).

Right my list based on actual possibilities rather than anything too pie in the sky (Daft Punk)....

Joining Radiohead as headliners I'll take Justice on West Holts on Saturday and Flaming Lips on The JP on Sunday. Then a few of these across the weekend will do me nicely....

RTJ

Bon Iver

The National

Nao

The XX

Tourist

Jungle

Flume

Wild Beasts

Solange

City Calm Down

King Gizzard

Vampire Weekend

The War On Drugs

I'm going to wish for just a few of these: These New Puritans, The National, Bon Iver, Ghostpoet, Scritti Politti, Sufjan Stevens, Idlewild, Wilco, The Beach Boys, The Pretenders, East India Youth, The Decemberists, Elton John, Peter Gabriel, Ride, Stone Roses, Jesus & Mary Chain, I am Kloot, Kraftwerk, Manics, Rolling Stones, The Cure, The Specials, Teenage Fanclub, War On Drugs, Badly Drawn Boy.

And, seeing as this is a "wish" list - reformations for XTC & R.E.M. That should do it.

On 10/12/2016 at 5:08 AM, The Nal said:

Yeah. Waits is the only one I haven't really seen and if he was playing a one off in New Zealand I'd probably go. 

Been posted before but  can't think of a better way to close Glasto. West Holts, Sunday night, last tune.

With this as an encore

Totally agree! It would no doubt be one of those once in a lifetime experiences where magic happens. I doubt he will be there but one can still wish. 

Edited by JacquelineS

On 11/1/2016 at 5:54 PM, Quark said:

Would definitely like Empire Of The Sun after giving the new album a few listens

I would try and make that. Caught part of their set up The Park in 2010 and really enjoyed the bit I saw.

edit - I'd also add Swim Deep for a slot on The Park. Went to see a Wolf Alice gig, erm.. maybe last year ? Swim Deep supported and were the better band to my mind. Missed them at last years festival somehow.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

they were utterly wonderful in 1999. They dedicated sweetness follows to michael's wife who'd just died too. There wasnt a dry eye in the field

Got to see them once (not great for one of my top 3 bands, but never mind) at Hyde Park in 2005 I think, and they were great then.

But the chance to see them at Worthy is a whole different kettle of fish.