2017 Wish Lists

Winslow Leach

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Top of my wishlist, as far as non-rumoured acts go, is Weezer. I have no idea what Rivers was on about when he said they were playing Glastonbury and Reading this year, because they clearly didn't, but I hope Weezer make an appearance in 2017. 

Not sure where they would fit really. Headlining John Peel? Sub headlining the Other? Whatever the case, get them to the farm!

i reckon about third down Other for them. although there's no reason to think that there's a stronger chance of them being there next year than any other year that's passed by Weezer-less i have a good feeling about them being there (possibly due to Rivers comment which was hopefully due to him wanting/reaching out to do it rather than just silly stage chat)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I second you on the david byrne. :)

I reckon TH is now, just perhaps, within the realms of the possible, so keep on keeping those fingers firmly crossed.

Wow really? That truly would be a dream come true!

Yep, I'll have incredibly bad cramp come June from all the crossing if this is even remotely possible.

Eels, Pete Doherty, British Sea Power, The Strokes, Paolo Nutini, I Am Kloot, Cage the Elephant, Stornoway, Hot Chip, Fat White Family, The Moonlandingz, Pixies, The Cribs, Weezer, Interpol, Jamie T, The Coral, Herbie Treehead (I'll eat my wellies if he isn't there).

Arcade Fire on the Bandstand would be amazing but that is wishful thinking (and they probably wouldn't fit).

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw K-w*nk on Friday night and as much as I had a good time he's still a long, long way from headlining WH.

I'm sure you're right, just my 'wish list' as opposed to 'reality list'. I'm off to see him in a few days. His album was my best of the year until Skeleton Tree came along

Edited by Avalon_Fields

18 minutes ago, billum said:

Wow really? That truly would be a dream come true!

Yep, I'll have incredibly bad cramp come June from all the crossing if this is even remotely possible.

If it happens it'll be because David has decided he's prepared to do it. The others are up for it, from the comments made a while back when there was a false rumour of them back together.

(I vaguely know someone who is on personal terms with Chris and Tina, so when I saw that story I went straight to his facebook to see what he was saying ... and he'd linked to a story which said the rumour was false. Told me all I really needed to know).

I don't think it's impossible, as DB seems to be re-embracing his TH days to some extent.

20 hours ago, tevaburger said:

i'm with calgon on this one...

Def Leppard > Bob Seger for me...

i've just never got into Bob Seger...today it sounds like it would be good Trump rally music... i'm sure a lot of rustbelt Trump voters have him as their soundtrack.

Ah here. Seger is a Hillary guy.

"Night Moves" is THE CHEWN.