2017 Wish Lists

Winslow Leach

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Count me in for this! Forgot he had an album in the pipeline

I saw him in May and he played pretty much all of the songs on the new album and they all sound very good. Down for the outing been around years and is a great song, and I like the new one hes released. That amongst some Libs classic would make great viewing for me one afternoon

Radiohead and the Roses on the Pyramid with Kraftwerk on WH the other night would be perfect for me.

Other realistic acts I'd love to see over the weekend: Royal Blood, First Aid Kit, BRMC, Lady Gaga, The Kills, and I know I say this every year but The Bluetones.

In the realms of fantasty I'd love to see QOTSA return in time to play. I'd even give up the Roses if they were on the Other against them.

20 I'd dearly love to see play the farm...

Bob Seger
Aretha
Bill Calahan
DBFC
Sam Moore
Jimmy Page
Ice Cube
Tony Joe White
Bangles
Queens of the Stone Age
Gillian Welch
Bob Weir
Jonathan Wilson
Uncle Acid
Les Savy Fav
Agnes Obel
Shearwater
Robert Randolph
DBFC
George Michael

5 from CalGon's megalist..

Duran Duran
Janelle
Dr Teeth
Decemberists
Danny Brown

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I've seen them a couple times. Played these islands a couple years before their split.

My main claim to fame - when I saw Ween back in the day, Gene decided he really wanted my Bowie Hunky Dory T-shirt, so swapped it for the sweaty shirt he was wearing, which three if them signed and we ended going backstage for a bit.

The best part is, on the reviews of the next two gigs in Melody Maker and NME, he was pictured still wearing my T-shirt!

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My main claim to fame - when I saw Ween back in the day, Gene decided he really wanted my Bowie Hunky Dory T-shirt, so swapped it for the sweaty shirt he was wearing, which three if them signed and we ended going backstage for a bit.

The best part is, on the reviews of the next two gigs in Melody Maker and NME, he was pictured still wearing my T-shirt!

No claims to fame from me here - but myself and Nallo were at this riot.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Now I'm actually making full use of my Deezer account and listening to way more stuff outside of my usual bubble, I'd expect this list to continue to change.  But for now and in no particular order:

Levellers

Daft Punk

Radiohead

Diana Ross ;)

Dub Pistols (again!)

The Sunshine Underground

The War On Drugs

Depeche Mode

Anteros

Honeyblood

The Allergies

OMD

Chainska Brassika

Andrew WK

Seasick Steve

Flogging Molly

Dropkick Murphys

Deftones

Public Service Broadcasting

And just for a stupidly long shot.....REM

Plus tickets for the eFests faithful who've missed out so far.  I'm talking about you @FloorFiller, @Lucy92, @Babylon sister and @MilkyJoe!  Plus anyone I've missed :)

We'll get there! my wish is to see a new band that I've never heard before and fall in love with their music. I love discovering new things at festivals! 

Top of my wishlist, as far as non-rumoured acts go, is Weezer. I have no idea what Rivers was on about when he said they were playing Glastonbury and Reading this year, because they clearly didn't, but I hope Weezer make an appearance in 2017. 

Not sure where they would fit really. Headlining John Peel? Sub headlining the Other? Whatever the case, get them to the farm!

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Top of my wishlist, as far as non-rumoured acts go, is Weezer. I have no idea what Rivers was on about when he said they were playing Glastonbury and Reading this year, because they clearly didn't, but I hope Weezer make an appearance in 2017. 

Not sure where they would fit really. Headlining John Peel? Sub headlining the Other? Whatever the case, get them to the farm!

Fuck I forgot all about that.

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Good shout on Bob seger, wooderson. 

Calgon, def leppard - wtf???

Even with your eclectic taste that threw me. 

i'm with calgon on this one...

Def Leppard > Bob Seger for me...

i've just never got into Bob Seger...today it sounds like it would be good Trump rally music... i'm sure a lot of rustbelt Trump voters have him as their soundtrack.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A few decent pop songs in the Hysteria/Pyromania era, albeit usually with terrible production from Mr Shania Twain.

Pyromania is a true classic hard rock album...the 'Definitely Maybe' to Hysteria/What's the Story

it's the 'few decent pop songs' that ruined the Leps