Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, siweltrebor said:

I think it's time for RHCP to finally headline Glastonbury, I don't care if I'm in the minority, they would do a great job of it.

I'm a big fan but they are very hit and miss as a live act. They were shit at TITP but amazing a few weeks beforehand at pinkpop. I'd be happy if they got booked as a headliner but i don't think it's going to happen.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Why am I being bitter?, I have seen them 3 times already since reunion so it's not like I would be missing out.

The Etihad, Emirates and Wembley are almost just copies of each other.....just one of them doesn't need 48k seats let alone an extention.

Sorry, I thought you were a rag and that is why you would not go to the Etihad. I apologise if you are not.

Saying you don't like Fools Gold is like saying you don't like life

15 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Sorry, I thought you were a rag and that is why you would not go to the Etihad. I apologise if you are not.

Saying you don't like Fools Gold is like saying you don't like life

I am a rag as you put it lol but I'm not bitter of Man City lol. Yes I would rather see a band I like perform in the stadium of the club I support which I think is fine.

They must have got a lot of £££ to agree to play at City.

Mate works at Man Yoo...

There is an issue with Old Trafford for gigs. Quite a few seats are "too low" to be used. Quite a few in the top corners cant be used for a gig cos of the angle. The Stretford End or the stand opposite equate to about 20,000 (approx). 

When you take those all out, you get less than City can offer. 

Observations from me:

Plus City has easier access, and has better concourses around the ground. - bigger bars etc.

No Brainer to have it at City.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mate works at Man Yoo...

There is an issue with Old Trafford for gigs. Quite a few seats are "too low" to be used. Quite a few in the top corners cant be used for a gig cos of the angle. The Stretford End or the stand opposite equate to about 20,000 (approx). 

Observations from me:

Plus City has easier access, and has better concourses around the ground. - bigger bars etc.

Oh I know, the only gig I know of happening at the club is Bruce Springsteen. 

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mate works at Man Yoo...

Observations from me:

I heard they wanted to make sure the pitch was in perfect condition for champions league football.............................On second thoughts :-)

47 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I heard they wanted to make sure the pitch was in perfect condition for champions league football.............................On second thoughts :-)

If we're going there haha.....here's to you Vincent Kompany, you'll never win the treble and you know! Woooahhh.

Edited by thewayiam

32 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Man Yoo, Rags. Like been back in school

I've been going to watch United away at city since I was old enough, I don't particularly like the place but needs must. Couldn't care less what venue The Roses play in. Still thankful I've had the chance to see them at all

Being an away fan is a bit different though. 

8 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Even these days, I thought as people got older try tended to leave at least a day between dates, we aren't T Swizzle anymore are we?

as is usually the case, but as i say, the Roses have done a few back to back dates recently (their most recent shows, TITP and Marlay Park took place on the 8th and 9th of July, and they did three days on the trot at the Ethiad). them playing a show on the Saturday definitely isn't an issue for them headlining on the Friday/Sunday

Edited by FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

as is usually the case, but as i say, the Roses have done a few back to back dates recently (their most recent shows, TITP and Marlay Park took place on the 8th and 9th of July, and they did three days on the trot at the Ethiad). them playing a show on the Saturday definitely isn't an issue for them headlining on the Friday/Sunday

That is brilliant news, my fingers are firmly crossed....

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

maybe old news but i've just noticed Lady Gaga has been added as a SR on the rumours page. reasoning for this? surely she'd have to headline and it's looking mighty busy with big rumours up top at the moment. don't see it myself - reckon she'll end up elsewhere

She may well think she's headline material, but I'd have her down as a sub on the pyramid - recent releases stink of diminishing returns.  I expect however V would throw a ton of cash to get her on an exclusive at the top of their bill.