Headliner predictions 2017

swede

2 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

iow isnt on this year by the looks of things 

don't think he has any info - just that Depeche Mode are releasing a new album next year so if they were to play a festival IOW would make the most sense for them outside of Glastonbury...

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

iow isnt on this year by the looks of things 

...if it actually happens, that is

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

be surprised if Sheeran isn't one of them - seemed such an obvious booking - but if it does end up being Daft Punk, Radiohead and Roses then that's a damn strong trio - surely strongest (by this forums standards, anyway, and mine at least) since 2009. been at least one shitter each year since

edit: although catching up with the Daft Punk thread, if what's being said in there is true (no Daft Punk tour in 2017) then Radiohead, Sheeran, Roses it is, which to be fair seems the more realistic trio to me

100%, anything DP I reckon could be something agreed but a mind changed or something taken stronger.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's an indicator that they're still about and not in a different continent at the time but aside from that there's little to be gauged. They do outdoor shows most summers now but we're still waiting on that Glasto headline slot.

I can't imagine these shows selling out quickly. Fourth batch of outdoor shows with declining reviews and they're doing their biggest gig down at Wembley? Seems ambitious.

Declining reviews? They were far better musically in last set of gigs than previous ones at Heaton Park and the reviews I saw reflected this. 

They will smash Glastonbury, Made of Stone and This is the One will be Glastonbury moments. 

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

So Neil are you feeling confident in Daft Punk, Radiohead, The Stone Roses?

weird trio if you ask me - not what I would have expected

still a cracking one though

I'm feeling confident about RH and SR.

The DP thing has come from a different direction, and while in theory it should be accurate (given its origin) I've been sat here long enough to know that's sometimes not the case.

Stuff is currently indicating that DP is likely to be wrong, but I don't currently feel that other stuff is enough for me to write-off what I've heard, so it remains a possibility in my mind tho nothing as strong as me expecting it to happen.

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Declining reviews? They were far better musically in last set of gigs than previous ones at Heaton Park and the reviews I saw reflected this. 

They will smash Glastonbury, Made of Stone and This is the One will be Glastonbury moments. 

Exactly this. I absolutely lost it at the Etihad when This is the One kicked in. The only thing that concerns me is that the crowd might not be quite as up for it (everyone around me was going nuts) as they're not all hardcore fans, but it should be fine.

For me, if I get tickets, it will be all about sharing the night with my mates, most of whom aren't aware of how good the Roses are, they just know that I'm a big fan. I don't think anything would ever top seeing my favourite band in my favourite place :)

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

Exactly this. I absolutely lost it at the Etihad when This is the One kicked in. The only thing that concerns me is that the crowd might not be quite as up for it (everyone around me was going nuts) as they're not all hardcore fans, but it should be fine.

For me, if I get tickets, it will be all about sharing the night with my mates, most of whom aren't aware of how good the Roses are, they just know that I'm a big fan. I don't think anything would ever top seeing my favourite band in my favourite place :)

Seeing The Roses at Old Trafford would be the only thing to top it, I won't be stepping foot in the Etihad unless it's irresistible.

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

Roses can play whatever they want to at Glasto - as long as they fit in Love Spreads and I would LOVE to hear them do Daybreak. Its my favourite song by them.

I am weird though, I legitimately prefer Second Coming to TSR.

*stands by to be flamed*

I've overplayed the debut, I can dig that sentiment.

2 hours ago, JohnnyMilb said:

My suspicion is

U2 - (Big outdoor world tour next year) - have headlined before (Eavis said 2x have headlined before)

Stone Roses - just because they are doing shows in the UK at the time

A N Other who has headlined before - eg Radiohead

Other Stage

Kraftwerk

After the issues with U2 last time and what was said after the show, I don't think there is a chance in hell of U2 playing. Thats just my opinion though!

17 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

a good year that was

pray tell where do you come by this news old son

Just a guess mate. Kept seeing John Giddings retweet stuff when people tweeted him asking for Depeche Mode. Looking at the line ups from previous years, Depeche Mode would fit in at IOW. If they are not going to play Glasto, I would rather go to Germany to watch them rather than IOW.

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Seeing The Roses at Old Trafford would be the only thing to top it, I won't be stepping foot in the Etihad unless it's irresistible.

No need to be bitter mate. Plus Old Trafford is a shit hole. It looks like a 3 year old has put it together with a Meccano set.

24 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No need to be bitter mate. Plus Old Trafford is a shit hole. It looks like a 3 year old has put it together with a Meccano set.

Why am I being bitter?, I have seen them 3 times already since reunion so it's not like I would be missing out.

The Etihad, Emirates and Wembley are almost just copies of each other.....just one of them doesn't need 48k seats let alone an extention.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I agree -but that's not really on the debut album. Just added on by the record company years later to make money.

Aye, it appears on The Complete Stone Roses I believe too. That was the only Coachella downfall, an hour 1 min set just and they played an 11 minute song lol.

The Second Coming is a bag of shite bar about 2 songs though.