Adele

mumzilla

20 minutes ago, Chopmunky said:

The biggest music festival in the world gets the arguably the world's biggest band currently  in Coldplay headlining and the world's biggest singer (no pun intended) in Adele. I'd say these were major coups, the only one I'm disappointed in from the Pyramid headliners is Muse (would have preferred someone else). But it takes a lot to get me to the Pyramid for a headliner these days and I'd probably be there for Adele of it wasn't for New Order... if/when they get announced there's a horrible clash for me but it's great to be going to a festival where there's such variety all over the place :)

If Kendrick is apart of the lineup at all, I think he may actually play above New Order with them closing the stage. But I'd be surprised myself if the Other top two isn't how we see it as now. 

She has the sales, the tunes (not my cup of tea, but most people going to see her will know and love a lot of them) - she knows and appreciates the festival, can do it live, never headlined before and will be the story in the worldwide press. Absolute no brainer for the festival and a fantastic booking*. It is a break from the norm.

* I just wont be there.

All this bullshit about that they are 3 safe headliners... this one isn't. Imagine if this one was announced 1st. Muse and Coldplay are the real bores this year. 3 and 4 times repeats. That is where the annoyances should be aimed. Especially muse. 2nd year of touring the same album.... but with the Kanye furore last year, if Adele was announced without the safety cushion - I imagine the outraged masses would go apeshit.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

She has the sales, the tunes (not my cup of tea, but most people going to see her will know and love a lot of them) - she knows and appreciates the festival, can do it live, never headlined before and will be the story in the worldwide press. Absolute no brainer for the festival and a fantastic booking*. It is a break from the norm.

* I just wont be there.

All this bullshit about that they are 3 safe headliners... this one isn't. Imagine if this one was announced 1st. Muse and Coldplay are the real bores this year. 3 and 4 times repeats. That is where the annoyances should be aimed. Especially muse. 2nd year of touring the same album.... but with the Kanye furore last year, if Adele was announced without the safety cushion - I imagine the outraged masses would go apeshit.

yeah, I reckon you've nailed it there, Fuzzy

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

Pyramid:

Muse, Foals

Adele, Faithless

Coldplay, Ellie G

Other:

LCD, Bastille

New Order, Chvrches

BMTH, PJ Harvey

Seems pretty done to me now

To me, I don't think that'll be it. Can't see Faithless subbing Adele at all

I feel a bit sorry for her if the first thing she mentions is to tell the moaners to fuck off. She obviously reads the negative stuff about her and is rattled by it. This should be an exciting career high for her so people whining should be the last thing on her mind.

She is boring and shit though.

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

All this bullshit about that they are 3 safe headliners... this one isn't. Imagine if this one was announced 1st. Muse and Coldplay are the real bores this year. 3 and 4 times repeats. That is where the annoyances should be aimed.

Indeed.

Not everyone complaining about Adele is a Clarksonesque double-denim small conservative trad rock bore - but they are arguing on the same side as them.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Indeed.

Not everyone complaining about Adele is a Clarksonesque double-denim small conservative trad rock bore - but they are arguing on the same side as them.

To me booking a "blokes with guitars" band doesn't make it boring.

Booking ones you have booked 3 + 4 times previously does.

If they had've got Foo Fighters (Im not a fan, but still), Adele and The Stone Roses. I wouldn't have accused the festival of doing the same old. (Thats just an example, I know foos are not active)

I personally had no problem with Kanye West. I didn't watch him, but it was a great booking. I look at this in the same way, but more so, because ironically for Kanye, she is the "biggest star of the planet"

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Type Adele remixes into Google x

There's a banging Andy C remix of hometown glory and a nice chunky house version of set fire to the rain that the bloke from aeroplane used to play quite a bit (could be an aeroplane remix I guess) 

Is anyone going / been to see Adele on tour this year?  Would be good to hear what it was like 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

To me booking a "blokes with guitars" band doesn't make it boring.

Booking ones you have booked 3 + 4 times previously does

Yeah, I'd be all over a show by a (match fit) AC/DC.  

Maybe this is just delayed shock over the fact that they've booked Muse again. I was on holiday when that news broke and I don't think I'd fully digested it.

Muse.

Muse?

Nope. I still can't even deal with that.

Christ.

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I'd like to see new order too!!! How is that gonna work? 

Go watch New Order cos they always look shit on the tv but people have reported that they are (sometimes) good live.

Watch Adele on catch up when you get home. Once it's safe of course, imagine the tears multiplied by a Glastonbury come down.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah, I'd be all over a show by a (match fit) AC/DC.  

Maybe this is just delayed shock over the fact that they've booked Muse again. I was on holiday when that news broke and I don't think I'd fully digested it.

Muse.

Muse?

Nope. I still can't even deal with that.

Christ.

I was a muse fan. If they did their old stuff I'd enjoy it.... but the booking is piss poor. I wont be there.

I hate Coldplay, but at least they are on the first year of touring the album. This muse album was done a year ago at Download.

8 minutes ago, rubenz said:

There's a banging Andy C remix of hometown glory and a nice chunky house version of set fire to the rain that the bloke from aeroplane used to play quite a bit (could be an aeroplane remix I guess) 

Is anyone going / been to see Adele on tour this year?  Would be good to hear what it was like 

I've got a pitched down version of Rolling in the Deep. It sounds like a male soul singer. It's alright. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Pyramid:

Muse, Foals

Adele, Faithless

Coldplay, Ellie G

Other:

LCD, Bastille

New Order, Chvrches

BMTH, PJ Harvey

Seems pretty done to me now

I don't want to have to stand through an Ellie Goulding set for the mighty Coldplay :( 

4 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

I don't want to have to stand through an Ellie Goulding set for the mighty Coldplay :( 

That was exactly my feelings but going by here there will be nobody at Coldplay so we can just walk to the front...........

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You don't have to stand through the sub slot to see *any* headliner.

Of course you don't, but if you happen to want to be in a very good spot for 1 of your favourite bands you may feel it's necessary too

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

I feel a bit sorry for her if the first thing she mentions is to tell the moaners to fuck off. She obviously reads the negative stuff about her and is rattled by it. This should be an exciting career high for her so people whining should be the last thing on her mind.

She is boring and shit though.

Don't understand why she worries about the negative stuff, surely she realises that everyone isn't going to be a fan.

Metallica got loads more hate last year but seemed to revel in the fact that their announcement caused a stir.She'd be better off taking that attitude.