Adele

mumzilla

my missus and her friend are going for first time ever and they are delighted so happy for them,personally would have loved the roses but maybe next year .

Hoping for a decent act on avolon west holts or acoustic if not its not the end of the world ha ha ,have agreed to see coldplay with her as im fooked by sunday anyhows ,all about compromise at our age 

18 minutes ago, sophlamb said:

I personally won't be going to see Adele and I'm fine with that - there's plenty to see and do at Glastonbury. 

Musically I think she's a great booking for the festival - she's a new headliner, she's current, popular and relevant and there are a lot of people who do enjoy her music. 

I do, however, find it a bit jarring that she's playing a festival like Glastonbury given her comments on things like tax in the past. She seems to have this 'regular girl' type image going on but then complains about contributing to the state. If I'm mistaken feel free to call me out but I've tried to do a bit of research and keep finding that quote from a couple of years ago about her not being able to get on a bus. 

No you're right. She's an awful human being despite what her carefully crafted on stage personality would have you believe. A nasty greedy little Tory is exactly what a lot of people turn into once they become wealthy.

'I'm mortified to have to pay 50%! [While] I use the NHS, I can't use public transport any more. Trains are always late, most state schools are shit, and I've gotta give you, like, four million quid – are you having a laugh? When I got my tax bill in from [the album] 19, I was ready to go and buy a gun and randomly open fire."

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

No you're right. She's an awful human being despite what her carefully crafted on stage personality would have you believe. A nasty greedy little Tory is exactly what a lot of people turn into once they become wealthy.

'I'm mortified to have to pay 50%! [While] I use the NHS, I can't use public transport any more. Trains are always late, most state schools are shit, and I've gotta give you, like, four million quid – are you having a laugh? When I got my tax bill in from [the album] 19, I was ready to go and buy a gun and randomly open fire."

I'm assuming she paid it though. What does it make all the other UK artists who f off to anywhere else to avoid it?

Can anyone tell why Glastonbury has decided to put on such a load shit 

To head line all the nights I think if this carry's on then it just might be last evey one the I.O.W haven't  lost sight as to their headliner wish I had booked that now 

But here's to yet another Glastonbury sell out shit weekend 

Try listening to the paying people who go every year and remember what made it such a great festival in the first place 

4 minutes ago, stevedan said:

To head line all the nights I think if this carry's on then it just might be last evey one the I.O.W haven't  lost sight as to their headliner wish I had booked that now 

Try listening to the paying people who go every year and remember what made it such a great festival in the first place 

I can feel your righteous entitlement from here! 

2 minutes ago, stevedan said:

She is shit and should of never even been thought of to headliner 

My eyes are bleeding...

You buy your ticket in full knowledge that the line up won't be revealed for months.

You don't have to pay your balance in full knowledge of the 3 headliners.

Do you have a ticket, btw? 

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Until the Festival stops selling out in less than 30 minutes what reason does GFL have to change anything?

Because of the shit headliners they have this year they will probably stop selling out in 30 mins that's why 

7 minutes ago, stevedan said:

If the Glastonbury lineup was more MOR it would be.......

the IOW line up

6 minutes ago, stevedan said:

Could you remind me who headlined in 2002? The pyramid stage is the mainstream stage, this year's headliners fit into that. I don't like any of them but I'm not deluded enough to think the festival have somehow let me down because I don't like wthe mainstream acts they booked on the mainstream stage. 

13 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Can blame you I will not be anywhere near the main stage on any night all 3 nights are shit and not worth the money they are getting