Adele

mumzilla

48 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

you know the irritating thing, I wasnt even that harsh, I wasnt claiming to be setting up a silly petition, or insulting emily personally or being abusive, I merely said its a poor choice of headliners by her this year.....in my opinion....as im perfectly entitled to! So no you all go on there making up hilarious posts about `metal fests` (because thats obviously where I belong yeah? us metal fans shouldnt be allowed at glasto should we?) how open minded of you! and for the donut telling me to `be more glastonbury` earlier? speak for yourself pal.....freedom of speech and expression is a cornerstone of this festival. and yes that includes the freedom to criticize.......you know what Emily would agree as well? shes a smart woman she knows shes not going to please everybody and that people will express negative opinions if they dont like something, you dont need to defend her as if I insulted her mother just because I happen to not like her choice of glasto headliner...what im saying is...cut the sycophantic bollocks and appreciate that not everyone is going to like everything....glastonbury or not and we are perfectly entitled to express that opinion.

had the same crap last year funnily enough.....now is this a discussion forum or a fucking cult? because the way some of you speak to anyone who expresses any negative opinion about anything to do with glasto or the eavis`s it seems to be verging on the latter.

You know the ironic thing......odds are ive seen most posting here criticizing or moaning about one of the headliners already, be it muse, coldplay or adele before she was announced..... hows that for hypocrisy?

It's not that you say the headlines are shite that's the problem (I think they are), it's the tantrum and sense of entitlement that irritates me- the world and indeed the festival doesn't revolve around you (or me) - we're just not that important. Emily chose three headliners we don't like, boo hoo! That's usually the case, just look at the pyramid headliners for the past 14 years. 

Blimey, penguins have anger issues. Didn't know that. I think adele is dull but I don't like pyramid stage anyway, so bit of a relief really, as I can spend time in all the other great places. I would be happy not to go to pyramid once. Although I will have to now cos garfunkel is singing. Also want kendrick, earth wind and fire (although earth is now actually in the earth) and a whole damn lot of funk and grooves. I simply can't wait. 

33 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

I never said they weren't nice people! thats whats got my back up earlier.....I make one criticism of the headliners choice and its as if ive come into the womans front room and deliberately sat on her cat ffs!......drama queens on earlier it seemed, hopefully we`re all a bit more chilled out now and we can debate and discuss without making up hysteria eh? 

I think youll find by the way Mr Tease many people have an issue with the headliner choice this year....just like any other year....and every other year in the future.....it happens....its called opinion! .....the difference though is im not trying to attack people for having that opinion or for sharing it or posting silly little sarci comments like `be more glastonbury` etc aimed at them.....you like the headliners, fine good for you, im certainly not going to act like your the devil incarnate for expressing an opinion I disagree with!

And like I suggested earlier many of those having a go at me ive seen on here being negative in some way when the Coldplay, Muse announcements were made....so whats the difference?. why the big paddy? 

There goes Penguin not letting it go, again. 
Charm x

4 hours ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

if the host makes a hell of a lot of money and influence out of you going to that party and gets there name put up in lights worldwide once a year because you and everybody else decide to go to that particular party are you still as ass kissy? of course the eavis`s do a great job but please dont make out this is all put on for us simply out of the goodness of their hearts. Eavis is a businessman like any other, like it or not. and hed be the first to admit that esp when it comes to his farm no matter if its glasto season or if hes making decisions about the future of his milking herd. this is exactly the kind of crap I mean when I said above stop the sychophantic bollocks.

Sorry mate but it's their not there.

I agree with the majority of what else you say. As regular festival goers I doubt anyone disagrees with it being a mindblonglgly dull selection.

Hate to say it but given the options they have this year the festival has mutated into its rivals.

8 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

so lets get this straight your allowed to reply to me im not allowed to answer back? we`re playing that game are we? ok whatever floats ya boat. 

penguin x ;P

You're clearly making snide comments about me while responding to another poster, this equates to not letting it go, simple really. 
Charm x 

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

you say 'options' as if they had Radiohead, Prince, AC/DC, The Stone Roses etc just BEGGING them to be able to play

Nicely summarised.  :)

Any festival can only book who's available and willing, and any festival would be happy with Muse, Adele & Coldplay as their main names.

Despite being the main names, there's solid recognition by the festival that they're not for everyone by there being a choice of 50+ other things to see at the same time.

If it was all about the main headliners why the fuck do they bother with the other stages? ;)