Adele

mumzilla

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

A mate of mine who works there full time and has for decades texted me to tell me..... a post or two later was admin replying to my post saying he had just heard Adele had booked a hotel locally. Yes, there were rumours , but from what I heard it was only actually finalised recently. 

yeah i know, everything was pointing to it being her, but what would this forum be without disregarding any info we're not particularly fond of and connecting the dots for it to somehow be Radiohead instead? :P 

I am fucking buzzing at this news. Although I don't think she is an ace headliner in The fact that she won't get the crowd jumping ( unless she does remix stuff) I love her music and enjoy belting her tunes out. Can't wait now!! I've never been this excited for Glastonbury with the little line up we have 

Not my cuppa, but I know she'll be popular as anything. Am happy to be elsewhere on Saturday night than the Pyramid anyway! Holding out hope for New Order as my 'big' headliner *fingers crossed* but have had many a happy Saturday night in Acoustic or Avalon or the Fluffy Rock Cafe!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Jess Glynne headlining JP, The Coral headlining The Park and Years & Years headlining West Holts at the same time xxx

Don't be bitter lol....I'd still go see Adele......and you on now that won't happen. Years & Years heading WHs lmao.....they wouldn't head it either, The Coral won't headline JP and Jess Glynne is perfect for 3rd/4th on that day. Main stage V, main stage T.....where do you reckon Glasto will put her ;P

There's going to be many naysayers but, and I'm not and Adele fan, I think it is a superb booking. She knows that she is going to have to pull out all the stops to pull this off and I'm sure she will. Remixes, maybe special guests (she does have the contacts) and maybe upbeat covers.She will know that this will be have to be the performance of her life. Biggest personal audience she has faced AND going out on TV on BBC Worldwide. I'll be there.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jess Glynne headlining JP, The Coral headlining The Park and Years & Years headlining West Holts at the same time xxx

I hope not. I'd like to see Jess Glynne and my mate wants Years and Years. This years line up and possible clashes is a nightmare already! 

4 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There's going to be many naysayers but, and I'm not and Adele fan, I think it is a superb booking. She knows that she is going to have to pull out all the stops to pull this off and I'm sure she will. Remixes, maybe special guests (she does have the contacts) and maybe upbeat covers.She will know that this will be have to be the performance of her life. Biggest personal audience she has faced AND going out on TV on BBC Worldwide. I'll be there.

i'd say there's little chance of any of those.

maybe a special guest, but no chance of "remixed" songs, or any covers that she doesn't currently do.

As much as I was hoping Radiohead could still happen im still really happy about this 

She's different from your normal headline, she's the biggest selling British artist and will smash it

She's the only pyramid act im exited about and I'm more than happy about that

Friday - John Grant on the Park 

Saterday - Adele on the Pyramid 

Sunday - Earth Wind and Fire on West Holts 

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i'd say there's little chance of any of those.

maybe a special guest, but no chance of "remixed" songs, or any covers that she doesn't currently do.

She has remixes, more upbeat songs in her albums. Maybe a possibility. I think she will need remixes to get the party going. 

Edited by Curlygirl