Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I have selective memory... but I don't remember 2014 being that bad? There was a bit of slippery mud around which was fun after a few... but didn't dampen my spirits.

If it rained full stop from Wednesday-Monday then yea.. it might be crap. Otherwise is all good to me :)

I can understand those who can't get around in muddy weather though.

Webcam has gone from sunny to overcast today.  I'm cautiously optimistic, or at least recovered from yesterday's shock.

flooding has never been as bad since they improved the drainage and started putting wood chippings down.

58 minutes ago, jparx said:

My first thought watching that stream was that it didn't look as bad as I was expecting. Granted he's on the hill near the Glsatonbury sign and not down at the bottom, but still.

The video starts with him wandering past the Bread and Roses - it's definitely wet but a dry festival will soon sort that out :-)

2 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Naughty Major Tim!

He lands to gorgeous weather and, to paraphrase, one of first things he says is 'Well, it was very hot in the capsule and it's very hot in this spacesuit, so I could do with a little cool rain!'

There was probably about 100,000 people watching that and all simultaneously saying 'You'll get some in Somerset alright'.

Everyone chill out the sites flooded. It will drain out if it doesn't rain heavy over the coming days and it doesn't look like its going to. 

The forecast is also showing some pretty nice weather for the actual festival.

In terms of the whole clay thing I haven't a clue like but it will be grand!

Bruce-Almighty-jim-carrey-141715_450_326.jpg

Edited by PhilG90