Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

Just now, Honeybane said:

Afternoon gents, I haven't been on this forum much recently therefore have one question

is the dream still alive?

I've given up on it, but Neil still trusts his source. Secret set is the best we could hope for IMO.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Afternoon gents, I haven't been on this forum much recently therefore have one question

is the dream still alive?

The dream is like a very old family dog that everyone loves but is starting to lose its fur and smells of urine. Nobody has the heart to put it out of its misery.

18 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It's a nice dream, if you think that you're strong enough (for the likely crushing disappointment).

I'll just point out that exactly the same thing could have been said about 2011.

In fact, that was pretty much how I was thinking about the info I'd received from the same guy as this year. I didn't give it the credit it deserved.

I can't guarantee it's right this time, of course, but there's good reasons to think it might be.

16 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Looks like they are playing  bonnaroo and not headlining so not headlining doesn't seem to be a problem and clash finder has special guests under Adele so you never know.

Didn't manage to get tickets this year so hopefully it will be shown on the t.v if they play.

Clashfinder has special guests under Adele because a member of the public put special guests there under the assumption that Radiohead will play.

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Clashfinder has special guests under Adele because a member of the public put special guests there under the assumption that Radiohead will play.

Wait...you're saying the clash finder isn't made by Emily Eavis :o

13 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Where on earth did you get that idea?

Bonnaroo apparently did a Glasotnbury and accidentally updated their lineup with Radiohead on it despite having already announced their headliners. The picture is around here somewhere. They have since pulled it.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'll just point out that exactly the same thing could have been said about 2011.

In fact, that was pretty much how I was thinking about the info I'd received from the same guy as this year. I didn't give it the credit it deserved.

I can't guarantee it's right this time, of course, but there's good reasons to think it might be.

That's a reassuring point, but for anyone hoping for a headline set like performance, their set in 2011 was probably more than a small disappointment, if not quite a crushing one.

For me, the dream is a full length, full production show on a big stage. I've already seen them in the MEN Arena. A Pyramid headline slot would beat that -  hearing them play songs they don't know very well in the middle of the day for 45 mins would not. Not to mention the overcrowding and chance of missing them entirely.

On reflection I'm being too much of a downer, since I'd still love to see a smaller set, but the fact remains, for me a secret set is not 'The Dream'

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The dream is like a very old family dog that everyone loves but is starting to lose its fur and smells of urine. Nobody has the heart to put it out of its misery.

I'd say it's more like an old urine soaked furless dog that's been kicked half to death around the lounge...and nobody has the heart to put it out of it's misery.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's a reassuring point, but for anyone hoping for a headline set like performance, their set in 2011 was probably more than a small disappointment, if not quite a crushing one.

For me, the dream is a full length, full production show on a big stage. I've already seen them in the MEN Arena. A Pyramid headline slot would beat that -  hearing them play songs they don't know very well in the middle of the day for 45 mins would not. Not to mention the overcrowding and chance of missing them entirely.

On reflection I'm being too much of a downer, since I'd still love to see a smaller set, but the fact remains, for me a secret set is not 'The Dream'

We dream the same dreams, we want the same things.

Ohhhhhh-oooooh.

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think the only sensible conclusion that can be drawn at this juncture is that Radiohead don't like their British fans very much.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I agree about the secret set. Didn't bother in 2011 despite knowing it was going to happen because I didn't fancy the crowds  (was up in the Park for Warpaint a few hours before and it was already busy). Wouldn't bother this year either.

Seen Radiohead do the big outdoor show in Manchester in 2008 and I'd consider it one of my top three all time gigs. I agree that only the Pyramid could top that. The main reason I'm so excited about the Roundhouse is the opportunity to see them in a relatively intimate venue.

The Park gig was cool if you were up close, I got on the fence and it was pretty great. But anyone more than 10-15 rows back, or any casual fans not interested in hearing the new album played live for the first time and it would've been pretty underwhelming. I really wouldn't be that fussed about them doing something similar this time round, especially as they've done it one and a half times before if you count the Thom/Jonny appearance in 2010. 

5 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Yeah but James Murphy hasn't campaigned with just about every climate change organisation going and protested outside international climate conventions...

Although I see from eFests news he is now headlining 'We Love Green', the eco-friendly sustainable festival!! http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160406j.shtml

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Belinda Carlisle > radiohead

Pff. Bellenda Carlisle.

Ay, Mrs Woffy (aka Lord High Commander of the Universe) still hasn't paid our balance off.

It's making the inside of my head itch.