Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, fairy_ said:

I'm a huge Radiohead fan. Huge. But surely these posts are discrediting Glasto now? 

Never! I know from the outset that I am talking gubbins with that poster but I love the faint, pathetic piece of ridiculous hope it gives me.  

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm sure The Beatles are on that poster somewhere.

If you record yourself reading all the names on the poster then play it backwards it says

"Paul is dead, Radiohead are playing, I genuinely don't know who Horizon The Me Bring are" 

32 minutes ago, fairy_ said:

I'm a huge Radiohead fan. Huge. But surely these posts are discrediting Glasto now? 

I think after 200 pages, not a sniff of a Glastonbury appearance confirmed, no new album and only 3 tiny gigs in the UK we're more discrediting ourselves than the festival.

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Roundhouse gigs are eight weeks away. Surely the album has to drop before then?

Fucking hell just eight weeks! I do hope the album drops but it wouldn't surprise me if they did what they did with In Rainbows and just played a bunch of the new material at these shows and released the album later (although I guess doing that at a bunch of festivals is always risky)

Still following this thread with avid interest. 

What's released on the lineup has not really sparked my interest much. I really need just one big act that I would love to see (like Radiohead) to get me to shell over 200 sheets.

I've been to around 15 Glastonbury festivals now... Everyone is always quick to tell you that 'it's more than just the bands' or 'there is so much other stuff going on' and although that might be true, I just really want to know what bang I am getting for my buck with regards to mainstream acts. 

It takes the piss not to give us a bit more information on acts before we have to clear our balance. Huuummpphh:wacko: Does anybody else feel the same or have the festival been getting increasingly worse with this? Keeping people in the dark until well into May. 

Neil- What do you think the chances are that if Radiohead are playing this will be firmed up within the next week before closure for payment?

Unless somebody comes along with some brand new information either confirming their appearance or the opposite, I doubt we're gonna know anything for certain until at the earliest the timings are all out etc and see any gaps in the schedule or special guests that could be them, but even then it'll just be our best guesses. If they're playing I doubt we'll get anything confirmed until the last minute now

I think early May seems to be the consensus for when the album is out. Someone in the know on atease said he heard May as a date for physical release (though ? whether we get an online release before). Also slightly tenuous but Dawn Chorus is the name of their touring company, International Dawn Chorus Day is the first Sunday in May. 

6 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Problem with secret Glasto is it becoming a victim of its own success. Once a certain number of people are following, most people will have at least one friend in the know. Then the secret set will become too crowded anyway. 

secret sets are very difficult in the age of the smartphone, so i'm guessing Radiohead have thought of a way to be extra secret.

14 minutes ago, chestwig said:

What's released on the lineup has not really sparked my interest much. I really need just one big act that I would love to see (like Radiohead) to get me to shell over 200 sheets.

I've been to around 15 Glastonbury festivals now... Everyone is always quick to tell you that 'it's more than just the bands' or 'there is so much other stuff going on' and although that might be true, I just really want to know what bang I am getting for my buck with regards to mainstream acts. 

It takes the piss not to give us a bit more information on acts before we have to clear our balance. Huuummpphh:wacko: Does anybody else feel the same or have the festival been getting increasingly worse with this? Keeping people in the dark until well into May. 

Neil- What do you think the chances are that if Radiohead are playing this will be firmed up within the next week before closure for payment?

you've been going long enough, you know the drill.  it's followed a similar pattern for a few years now.  the initial line up released the other day is bigger than that of many other festivals.  it probably just feels worse to you because you're not that into anything that's on there.

25 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Erm... Did you not notice the large poster full of names this week? How does that take the piss?

35 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Uhh.. Increasingly worse? As you've been 15 times before, surely you must have noticed that the Festival is announcing more things and earlier than they did in the past?

For quite a while (I think the 2008 or 2009 festival might have been the last one like it), they'd deliberately confirm almost nothing prior to the full announcement being made - which was usually right at the end of May or start of June, basically coinciding with the Q magazine on sale date.

This year we got the first poster prior to the April ticket window opening and have been told that a more complete lineup is coming in April - both of which are very early even by recent standards and unthinkable 10 years ago. So the idea that the release of details is getting "increasingly worse" is just bizarre, and totally contradicted by facts.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Fucking hell just eight weeks! I do hope the album drops but it wouldn't surprise me if they did what they did with In Rainbows and just played a bunch of the new material at these shows and released the album later (although I guess doing that at a bunch of festivals is always risky)

46 minutes ago, jparx said:

It'll definitely be out before festival season. There's no way they will headline festivals with material no one has heard.

Their Bonnaroo 2006 set, which was part of the pre-In Rainbows tour, is widely considered one of their best shows ever, so I wouldn't put it past them to embark on the shows this summer not having released the album yet. Having said, I personally think it will be out before Summer.