Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - I don't accept that any of the acts you've listed are nineties equivalents of Adele. I don't think that there was one.

"Right you lot, this my big song from that fackin' Titanic film wot they made. I'd'a shit me fuckin' kacks if I'd been on that big bastard when that iceberg shit woz 'appening"

hello chaps,

difficult I know but I've been following the thread closely over the past few weeks, as of today, how confident are most of you that radiohead will play in some form this year at glasto? 

I know it sounds ungrateful but I think if the dream is over I'll be tempted to hand my ticket back next week as unfortunately not one announced band (so far) has me very excited. 

1 minute ago, glastonewb said:

hello chaps,

difficult I know but I've been following the thread closely over the past few weeks, as of today, how confident are most of you that radiohead will play in some form this year at glasto? 

I know it sounds ungrateful but I think if the dream is over I'll be tempted to hand my ticket back next week as unfortunately not one announced band (so far) has me very excited. 

If not one announced act excites you then what difference would Radiohead make? 

1 minute ago, glastonewb said:

hello chaps,

Radiohead are 90% likely to play glastonbury this year in some form or another but i wouldn't pin all your hopes on it and keep your ticket on the one hope that they'll play because there is still a smidge of a chance that you'll end up disappointed

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If not one announced act excites you then what difference would Radiohead make? 

It would give me a band to truly look forward to seeing. 

I did say "very excited", I'd say there's 4 or 5 bands and a couple of DJs I would like to see listed however there's no highlight band (so far) for me personally.   

19 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Radiohead are 90% likely to play glastonbury this year in some form or another but i wouldn't pin all your hopes on it and keep your ticket on the one hope that they'll play because there is still a smidge of a chance that you'll end up disappointed

Strong :P 

When it's revealed which acts from the poster are sub headliners, we'll know a lot more I think. If it turns out that the Saturday sub is not on the poster (i.e. not Disclosure, Ellie Goulding) then I think it's nailed on to be Radiohead. 

word I'm still hearing has LCD, NO, and BMTH as Other headliners, which pretty much puts Disclosure as Adele's sub.

Which really only leaves a secret set for Radiohead, if they're playing at all.

And everything else aside from my initial source is pointing towards them not playing - tho it's not necessarily the case they'd be aware of a secret set, so I really don't know.

I still lean towards my initial source being right as he's always been right before, tho my confidence is slowly draining away all the same.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

word I'm still hearing has LCD, NO, and BMTH as Other headliners, which pretty much puts Disclosure as Adele's sub.

And everything else aside from my initial source is pointing towards them not playing - tho it's not necessarily the case they'd be aware of a secret set, so I really don't know.

I still lean towards my initial source being right as he's always been right before, tho my confidence is slowly draining away all the same.

It makes the most sense unfortunately. And if it wasn't for the Radiohead source we likely wouldn't even be really questioning as all the other circumstantial info fits;

• LCD, NO and BMTH being Other headliners
  • Disclosure saying its the gig of their career of words to that effect
  • Struggling to find where else LCD and Disclosure would fit.

It certainly seems that if Radiohead are there they won't be announced.

Ugh Disclosure subbing isn't good news. The hope is dying.

I wonder if they were originally meant to sub, but something has since changed and they just aren't on the bill at all. Edit: 'they' being Radiohead.

Secret set with the new album played in full is most likely now I think if they do indeed appear. Just seems weird they would do that again after they did it 4(?) years ago. 

Edited by jparx

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Its happening isnt it. Theyre putting LCD and Sigur Ros on at the same time.

Every fucking year they fuck up my Friday. Every fucking year. 

22 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It makes the most sense unfortunately. And if it wasn't for the Radiohead source we likely wouldn't even be really questioning as all the other circumstantial info fits;

• LCD, NO and BMTH being Other headliners
  • Disclosure saying its the gig of their career of words to that effect
  • Struggling to find where else LCD and Disclosure would fit.

It certainly seems that if Radiohead are there they won't be announced.

Disclosure just said they're returning with their biggest ever show, which probably refers to the stage show they're bringing, which would make sense seeing as they're headlining R&L on this tour.

I also don't think subbing Glastonbury would be seen as a bigger gig than their first headline slot at a major festival.