LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Now they've had chance to percolate in my brain over night, I love them both. Expectations for the new album are through the roof now. I hope the next track we get is more of a dancey banger.

I've just been watching Twin Peaks then listened to American Dream and it gave me a very twin peaksy vibe! 

Didn't really like the other one...

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Now they've had chance to percolate in my brain over night, I love them both. Expectations for the new album are through the roof now. I hope the next track we get is more of a dancey banger.

Was there a fish in it?

4 minutes ago, your mother said:

I've just been watching Twin Peaks then listened to American Dream and it gave me a very twin peaksy vibe! 

2 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Was there a fish in it?

That's totally why I used that word :lol: Good job ;)

American Dream definitely has a Twin Peaks vibe, totally agree!

i'm not really into either of these songs (yet?) sadly.  as introductions to a new album go, they're better than north american sum or drunk girls, but that's faint praise.

call the police is a bit too far down the rock end of their ouvre for my tastes, and american dream is, well, not much of anything.  i wouldn't have made it to the end had i not known who the artist is.

lets hope these are the radio friendly unit shifters, and the rest of the album is nine minute pseudo-disco freakouts, like they should be.

Edited by fatyeti24

4 hours ago, amfy said:

I just woke up to Call the Police on 6music. I had no idea this was what LCD Soundsystem sounded like and I really love it. I will be seeking them out now.

That seems to happen, one of those bands that folk seem to  miss (fortunately for Coldplay last year), but when found fall in love with

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

That seems to happen, one of those bands that folk seem to  miss (fortunately for Coldplay last year), but when found fall in love with

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It definitely is what they sound like. I'm not saying all their songs are like this... but quite a lot of their good ones are.  LCD are known for doing that "build and build and build and build" thing.

Probably should have quoted the other way round but - yeah!

It's a name I've known for a while, not even sure how long, but they sound very different to what I had in my head when I heard the name.

Much more guitar/vocals rather than dj/dance - I think - I was only just awake. It sounded so familiar - I was sure I'd heard them before. I probably have, but just hadn't put a name to the sound.

the last one like this for me was Emmy the Great, who I was convinced were a bog standard Indie band, but surprised me by being a small Chinese looking woman singing pretty folky tunes.

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It definitely is what they sound like. I'm not saying all their songs are like this... but quite a lot of their good ones are.  LCD are known for doing that "build and build and build and build" thing.

Probably should have quoted the other way round but - yeah!

It's a name I've known for a while, not even sure how long, but they sound very different to what I had in my head when I heard the name.

Much more guitar/vocals rather than dj/dance - I think - I was only just awake. It sounded so familiar - I was sure I'd heard them before. I probably have, but just hadn't put a name to the sound.

the last one like this for me was Emmy the Great, who I was convinced were a bog standard Indie band, but surprised me by being a small Chinese looking woman singing pretty folky tunes.

Had another listen to both. That's three out of three pretty much perfect tracks released since the reunion was announced. Cannot wait for this album, on this form it will probably be the best from anyone all year. I'm gonna guess it'll be a September release. 

I like Call the Police quite a lot more after seeing the SNL vid. The building climax of the song works a lot better when you're looking at them getting there. 

Still in love with American Dream though. From the Brooklyn Steel residency it looks like they're putting that quite late in the set before Dance Yrself Clean and All My Friends, which seems about right. Could imagine Call the Police replacing Us v Them as opener over time.

Edited by dentalplan

On 5/5/2017 at 11:47 AM, your mother said:

I have been on holiday so wasn't able read these posts, but I came here to post this EXACT same thing....  Would be perfect for the new series, except that I think the soundtrack is going to be very grunge influenced.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I have been on holiday so wasn't able read these posts, but I came here to post this EXACT same thing....  Would be perfect for the new series, except that I think the soundtrack is going to be very grunge influenced.

Grunge? That'd be really odd. What makes you think that?

I mentioned earlier that it sounded a bit like Chromatics, who are contributing to the new soundtrack (or at least Johnny Jewel, Chromatics honcho is) so I guess I thought the same thing too. :lol: