LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Love them both. Call the Police builds up to such a massive banger, would love to see that live. American Dream is absolutely gorgeous and has such brilliantly distinctive synths, every layer of it is so great and that rhythmic synth that drives it is like nothing I've heard before.

Only given them one listen each but Call the Police was the immediate favourite for me - loved that. Total banger. American Dream was good too but seems like it's gonna be more of a grower than an immediate standout. Disappointed to hear that the album isn't actually finished yet but fuck it, can't complain too much - new LCD! 

3 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

New LCD Soundsystem and Grizzly Bear at the same time, what a wonderful day.

A wonderful day indeed!

Liking American Dream but need to give it a few more listens. Call The Police is a cracker, I can't seem to turn it off! Both tracks fully worth the wait.

I'm even more desperate to see them again soon!

I just woke up to Call the Police on 6music. I had no idea this was what LCD Soundsystem sounded like and I really love it. I will be seeking them out now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, amfy said:

I just woke up to Call the Police on 6music. I had no idea this was what LCD Soundsystem sounded like and I really love it. I will be seeking them out now.

It definitely is what they sound like. I'm not saying all their songs are like this... but quite a lot of their good ones are.  LCD are known for doing that "build and build and build and build" thing.